Halo Waypoint Forum Scripts - MASTER TOPIC

Halo Waypoint Scripts - Master List

Custom Forum Backgrounds
Allows users to have their own custom background for the forums and changes the forums colours to match the background.
[spoiler]
CURRENT VERSION: 1.4
CREATED BY: DavidJCobb
REQUIREMENTS:**
• Stylish Add-on for Google Chrome OR Firefox
• Once you have installed Stylish, proceed to visit this website: Halo Waypoint Forums Wraparound Theme
• Click Install with Stylish and click OK if your browser prompts you to.
• This should now make your Waypoint forums look a lot similar to the original screenshot.
The Wraparound image itself is only 1800x984, so if you use a monitor which has a larger resolution than that, you may be wondering, can I customise this so it does not stretch or repeat, well guess what, you can :wink:
Chrome Users
[spoiler]
• Click the spanner located in the top right of your screen.
• On the drop down, click Tools, then Extensions.
• You should be taken to a page just like this, click the option setting.
• You will be then taken to another page like this, click Edit.
• You will be then taken to a page like this, you will want to scroll down until you see the following URL: https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/files/2012/3/21/wc1-2.jpg or you can click in the box and hit CTRL+F and search for the URL, remove this URL and replace it with your own custom image, for example, a 1920x1080 image like this one featuring Cortana in the Forward unto Dawn Concerp Art could be used.
• Once you have done this, click the Save button and the background image should update to your new one.
[/spoiler]
Firefox Users
[spoiler]
• Click Firefox located in the top left of your browser and choose Add-ons.
• You will then be taken to a page like this, click Options.
Proceed to click the Edit button when the new window pops up and it will take you to the following: page, scroll down to line 34 and you will see the following url: https://waypointprod.blob.core.windows.net/blogfilestore/storage/blogs/headlines/files/2012/3/21/wc1-2.jpg, remove that URL and replace it with an image of your own choice, so for example, a 1920x1080 image like this one featuring Cortana in the Forward unto Dawn could be used.
• Once you have replaced the URL, click Save and your forum background will now feature your custom background!
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Hide the Halo 4 section from the forum Index
Hides the Halo 4 section from the forum index to avoid spoilers.
[spoiler]
CURRENT VERSION: 1.1
CREATED BY: Der Flatulator6
**REQUIREMENTS:****
• Greasemonkey Add-on if using Firefox
• Tampermonkey Add-on if using Google Chrome
<strong>DOWNLOAD</strong>
Script IN ACTION
[/spoiler]
<strong>Halo Waypoint Posting Tools</strong>
<strong>Adds new drop down menu’s to make posting and helping out on the forums a lot easier.</strong>
<strong>[spoiler]</strong>
<strong>CURRENT VERSION: 1.7.11</strong>
<strong>CREATED BY: Der Flatulator6</strong>
<strong>MODIFIED BY: The Little Moa</strong>
<strong>**REQUIREMENTS:****</strong>
<strong>• Greasemoneky for Firefox</strong>
<strong>• Tampermonkey for Google Chrome</strong>
<strong><strong>DOWNLOAD</strong></strong>
<strong>Script IN ACTION</strong>
<strong>[/spoiler]</strong>
<strong><strong>Master of Unicorns Rank Fix</strong></strong>
<strong><strong>Changes Master of Unicorn Rank to N/A.</strong></strong>
<strong><strong>[spoiler]</strong></strong>
<strong><strong>CURRENT VERSION: 1.0</strong></strong>
<strong><strong>CREATED BY: DavidJCobb</strong></strong>
<strong><strong>MODIFIED BY: The Little Moa</strong></strong>
<strong><strong>**REQUIREMENTS:****</strong></strong>
<strong><strong>• Greasemoneky for Firefox</strong></strong>
<strong><strong>• Tampermonkey for Google Chrome</strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>DOWNLOAD</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong>Script IN ACTION</strong></strong>
<strong><strong>[/spoiler]</strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>Forums Drop Down Menu</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>Adds a drop down menu to the Forums menu on the Navigation bar on the homepage & the forums which lists a select few sections most popular on Waypoint.</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>[spoiler]</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>CURRENT VERSION: 1.1</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>CREATED BY: DavidJCobb</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>**REQUIREMENTS:****</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>• Greasemoneky for Firefox</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>• Tampermonkey for Google Chrome</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong>DOWNLOAD</strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>Script IN ACTION</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong>[/spoiler]</strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong>Hide Unwanted Topics</strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong>Allows the user to hide topics with custom words or phrases in them, hidden topics will show up blank on the section index.</strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong>[spoiler]</strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong>CURRENT VERSION: 1.1</strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong>CREATED BY: DavidJCobb</strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong>**REQUIREMENTS:****</strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong>• Greasemoneky for Firefox - ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH FIREFOX</strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Information on how to use this script efficiently can be found HERE!</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>DOWNLOAD</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Script IN ACTION[/spoiler]Waypoint Tweaks</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Fix Same Page Links</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Without this feature, links that lead to other posts on the same page (such as this one) will either force a page reload or open in a new tab. This feature detects and modifies such links, so that clicking them only causes you to scroll.</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Remove Postbacks</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>This feature fixes “postbacks” – a special kind of “fake link” – and turns them into normal links, that can be opened in a new tab, et cetera. An added benefit is that real links are sometimes faster than postbacks when the site is lagging.</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>[spoiler]</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>CURRENT VERSION: 0.2</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>CREATED BY: DavidJCobb</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>**REQUIREMENTS:****</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>• Greasemoneky for Firefox - ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH FIREFOX</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>DOWNLOAD</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>[/spoiler]</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Downloads required for Scripts</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>[spoiler]</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Mozilla Firefox</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Google Chrome</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Greasemoneky (Firefox)</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Tampermonkey (Chrome)</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Stylish (Firefox)</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Stylish (Chrome)</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>[/spoiler]</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong>Quick Note: If you wish to discuss scripts, mainly the ones listed in this topic, please do so only in this topic, this includes issues, suggestions or anything else regarding them, they are community made and it is not up to the Web team to fix any of the issues they have.</strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong>
<strong><strong><strong><strong>[/spoiler]</strong></strong></strong></strong>

Wow this looks awesome, Thanks!

Ah, good to see you made a thread about this. I already have one, but it’ll be helpful for the people that don’t.

Just a quick note, if any of you guys have some sweet desktop backgrounds that fit the forums theme nicely, post it here with the resolution of the image!

Thank you, my Waypoint is pretty now.

My Waypoint look so -Yoink!- now! Great work, Cobb.

Also, moderating tools are visible in the screenshot. Cool!

Nice! Can’t wait to see what others will be made in the future.

> My Waypoint look so -Yoink!- now! Great work, Cobb.
>
> Also, moderating tools are visible in the screenshot. Cool!

Whoops, probably should have slipped my own image in there and not Cobb’s, fixed.

EDIT: Cheers to the mod who moved the topic :slight_smile:

I think these would make great backgrounds (with edited colour scheme, of course):

The last few might not work that well, though, but the others would.

> My Waypoint look so -Yoink!- now! Great work, Cobb.
>
> Also, moderating tools are visible in the screenshot. Cool!

Cobb is so fired

> > My Waypoint look so -Yoink!- now! Great work, Cobb.
> >
> > Also, moderating tools are visible in the screenshot. Cool!
>
> Cobb is so fired

He posted them on an image in another topic, completely forgot to make my own screenshot, didn’t even realise the mod tools were there, oh well, it isn’t exactly a secret that the mods have them ^_^.

neat, thanks for posting this Moa & bigger thanks to Cobb for creating it :slight_smile:

Cool, I got my custom background working. I had to get it to stretch instead of repeating.

Picture 1

Picture 2

It’s awesome! Thank u to the Little Moa

Looks really good although I did find a visual problem: Poll’s are messed up where the top part that says "Choice, Votes, and Statistics, and the bottom part showing the totals are still the original color, making for a weird striped appearance.

> Looks really good although I did find a visual problem: Poll’s are messed up where the top part that says "Choice, Votes, and Statistics, and the bottom part showing the totals are still the original color, making for a weird striped appearance.

Yeah, I’ll talk to Cobb soon, see if when he’s got time he can fix it up.

> > Looks really good although I did find a visual problem: Poll’s are messed up where the top part that says "Choice, Votes, and Statistics, and the bottom part showing the totals are still the original color, making for a weird striped appearance.
>
> Yeah, I’ll talk to Cobb soon, see if when he’s got time he can fix it up.

Good to hear. Otherwise it looks absolutely amazing.

This is sick… If only I didn’t use Safari :stuck_out_tongue: I may have to start using Chrome for this. We will see though :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for this Moa, I am adding this to The Index now! Now that I am back and FINALLY have internet in my house, I will be updating it more frequently.

Great thread.

> This is sick… If only I didn’t use Safari :stuck_out_tongue: I may have to start using Chrome for this. We will see though :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for this Moa, I am adding this to The Index now! Now that I am back and FINALLY have internet in my house, I will be updating it more frequently.
>
>
> Great thread.

Definitely switch to Chrome. You won’t be disappointed. :slight_smile:

I love having a custom background! My Longbow one really fits the site.

If anyone wants to tinker with any of the colors in the code, here’s how to edit them:

rgb(1, 2, 3)
These are RGB colors, just like the ones you see in MS Paint.

rgba(1, 2, 3, 0.5)
These are RGB colors, just like the ones you see in MS Paint. The fourth number is an opacity value between 0 and 1; lower is more transparent, higher is more opaque.

Note the “a” – rgb and rgba are not the same!

#ABCDEF
Colors of this variety are “hexadecimal” colors. To convert these to RGB colors like the ones in MS Paint, ditch the “#” and break it into two-digit sets:

AB CD EF

Open Calculator, and switch it to “Programmer” view. Select “Hex”, type in a set, and then click “Dec” to convert it. Repeat the process for all three sets:

171 205 239

You can convert them back from RGB to hex using Calculator (click “Dec”, type in, click “Hex”); just don’t forget to re-add the “#”. You can also replace this code with an rgb() or rgba() code, if you prefer to work with RGB or if you need to add opacity.

> > > Looks really good although I did find a visual problem: Poll’s are messed up where the top part that says "Choice, Votes, and Statistics, and the bottom part showing the totals are still the original color, making for a weird striped appearance.
> >
> > Yeah, I’ll talk to Cobb soon, see if when he’s got time he can fix it up.
>
> Good to hear. Otherwise it looks absolutely amazing.

Issue fixed; redownload from Userstyles.org. Glad you like the style. :slight_smile: