Halo Waypoint Community Playday August 18

The Xbox.com event calendar says there is a 343i Community Playdate today. I was able to send a friend request to Sampand only and am currently ready to go. It was supposed to start at 8 and its almost 8:30 kind of confused. Also the ad for it is gone from the community section but has been there for quite some time.

Anybody know whats going on?

It’s 10:30 where I’m at and it’s central here, I think it meant central time, hate to break it to ya, but you missed it man.

It’s nearly over, only about 30 minutes remaining. Keep sending them messages!

Alright so aparently on the website the time is different or at least I think it is compared to the dashboard ad. On the site it says 9pm ET (Eastern Time for some reason?). Which would mean that it started at 5:30 here? If so I call Shenanigans. Why would they post the time to play in ET when the company itself is in the PT? : (

I was hoping to play some fun games with some 343 employees and sadly comment on not being able to find or get any 3-Day PAX passes. Also I did have a pending friend request to Sampand and never had it confirmed and I don’t have a game invite or message…

Hometown Halo fan sad face.

> It’s nearly over, only about 30 minutes remaining. Keep sending them messages!

I wasn’t aware thats how we had to get into games with them : / Its over but where does it say that?

> > It’s nearly over, only about 30 minutes remaining. Keep sending them messages!
>
> I wasn’t aware thats how we had to get into games with them : / Its over but where does it say that?

It was on the Homepage for a short time, but due to newer articles overtaking it, it got pushed back into the All News Section.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/blog/343-industries-community-playdate-818/168209

The only way in was to send any four of the Gamertags message asking for an invite, I personally played with all four and had a blast.

The way it worked was they got a full party (16 players), started up into a Big Team Battle, play two games of that, answer any questions asked that they could then they stated they were leaving to find some other people and it was like that for the 3 hours.

Well, since the community night has ended, I thought I’d say thanks, and I’m sure the community would too. It was, and nice to play with the 343I staff. For me personally it was a nice thing too, since this the first time I’ve ever gotten to play the publisher/developer of any game after many many tries.

It was fun, and what little information we were able to extract was interesting.

Though I am still deeply sadden to learn that say many of you haven’t played ONI. I mean come on people; the ONI team is the reason Halo multiplayer even exists.

/cry

But still, it was fun. Thanks to 343I (and Total Sellout, who was the person I got to play with).

> Well, since the community night has ended, I thought I’d say thanks, and I’m sure the community would too. It was, and nice to play with the 343I staff. For me personally it was a nice thing too, since this the first time I’ve ever gotten to play the publisher/developer of any game after many many tries.
>
> It was fun, and what little information we were able to extract was interesting.
>
> Though I am still deeply sadden to learn that say many of you haven’t played ONI. I mean come on people; the ONI team is the reason Halo multiplayer even exists.
>
> /cry
>
> But still, it was fun. Thanks to 343I (and Total Sellout, who was the person I got to play with).

Just curious as to what your Gamertag was, I may have played with you or may not.

But regardless, thanks you 343i, sorry bs angel, I betrayed you with that broken banshee :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure was a blast, thanks to everyone and I hope we get another one soon.

PS. To the guy who shot the Plasma Launcher at the Revenant and then ate my Wraiths bumper; I offer my apologies and hope you gain solace in the fact that I boosted into the stuck Revvie and got blown up.

> Well, since the community night has ended, I thought I’d say thanks, and I’m sure the community would too. It was, and nice to play with the 343I staff. For me personally it was a nice thing too, since this the first time I’ve ever gotten to play the publisher/developer of any game after many many tries.
>
> It was fun, and what little information we were able to extract was interesting.
>
> Though I am still deeply sadden to learn that say many of you haven’t played ONI. I mean come on people; the ONI team is the reason Halo multiplayer even exists.
>
> /cry
>
> But still, it was fun. Thanks to 343I (and Total Sellout, who was the person I got to play with).

It was great, looking forward to tommorows gamenight. I played 4 times with Viromore and SamPand (twice against, twice with) Nice Guy and Gal.
Thanks again for the playdate

Bs angel invited me when I was playing with Veronica… Maybe she was jealous?

> Bs angel invited me when I was playing with Veronica… Maybe she was jealous?

Haha, same here, I wanted to finish my games off but when it ended, the invite was gone.

I did eventually get in the lobby with her, she kept a space for me because I tweeted her that I would be staying up very late just to play with them haha :slight_smile:

I got an invite from bs angel, left the game I was in, and got slapped with a matchmaking ban.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MAD I WAS?

angel was really sweet, though. She was incredibly sympathetic.

> I got an invite from bs angel, left the game I was in, and got slapped with a matchmaking ban.
>
> DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MAD I WAS?
>
> angel was really sweet, though. She was incredibly sympathetic.

Agreed about angel, some dudes little brother said he loved her screenshots she picks for the bs angel screenshots on the homepage and even though his voice was incredibly annoying, she was being so kind :slight_smile:

> I got an invite from bs angel, left the game I was in, and got slapped with a matchmaking ban.
>
> DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MAD I WAS?
>
> angel was really sweet, though. She was incredibly sympathetic.

I owe you a few games. Let’s arrange a time to play soon. :slight_smile:

> > Well, since the community night has ended, I thought I’d say thanks, and I’m sure the community would too. It was, and nice to play with the 343I staff. For me personally it was a nice thing too, since this the first time I’ve ever gotten to play the publisher/developer of any game after many many tries.
> >
> > It was fun, and what little information we were able to extract was interesting.
> >
> > Though I am still deeply sadden to learn that say many of you haven’t played ONI. I mean come on people; the ONI team is the reason Halo multiplayer even exists.
> >
> > /cry
> >
> > But still, it was fun. Thanks to 343I (and Total Sellout, who was the person I got to play with).
>
> Just curious as to what your Gamertag was, I may have played with you or may not.

Take a wild guess.

> > > Well, since the community night has ended, I thought I’d say thanks, and I’m sure the community would too. It was, and nice to play with the 343I staff. For me personally it was a nice thing too, since this the first time I’ve ever gotten to play the publisher/developer of any game after many many tries.
> > >
> > > It was fun, and what little information we were able to extract was interesting.
> > >
> > > Though I am still deeply sadden to learn that say many of you haven’t played ONI. I mean come on people; the ONI team is the reason Halo multiplayer even exists.
> > >
> > > /cry
> > >
> > > But still, it was fun. Thanks to 343I (and Total Sellout, who was the person I got to play with).
> >
> > Just curious as to what your Gamertag was, I may have played with you or may not.
>
> Take a wild guess.

Hey, forum usernames aren’t always the same as a Gamertag, just double checking.

> Alright so aparently on the website the time is different or at least I think it is compared to the dashboard ad. On the site it says 9pm ET (Eastern Time for some reason?). Which would mean that it started at 5:30 here? If so I call Shenanigans. Why would they post the time to play in ET when the company itself is in the PT? : (
>
> I was hoping to play some fun games with some 343 employees and sadly comment on not being able to find or get any 3-Day PAX passes. Also I did have a pending friend request to Sampand and never had it confirmed and I don’t have a game invite or message…
>
> Hometown Halo fan sad face.

Sorry for the confusion. The official Xbox LIVE calendar uses ET, but I put PT in our blog article. I probably should have listed ET, too, to keep it consistent.

Did you ever get in? If not, I expect you to join us next month!

> But regardless, thanks you 343i, sorry bs angel, I betrayed you with that broken banshee :stuck_out_tongue:

No worries. I’ll get you back… Muhahahahaha!

> > > > Well, since the community night has ended, I thought I’d say thanks, and I’m sure the community would too. It was, and nice to play with the 343I staff. For me personally it was a nice thing too, since this the first time I’ve ever gotten to play the publisher/developer of any game after many many tries.
> > > >
> > > > It was fun, and what little information we were able to extract was interesting.
> > > >
> > > > Though I am still deeply sadden to learn that say many of you haven’t played ONI. I mean come on people; the ONI team is the reason Halo multiplayer even exists.
> > > >
> > > > /cry
> > > >
> > > > But still, it was fun. Thanks to 343I (and Total Sellout, who was the person I got to play with).
> > >
> > > Just curious as to what your Gamertag was, I may have played with you or may not.
> >
> > Take a wild guess.
>
> Hey, forum usernames aren’t always the same as a Gamertag, just double checking.

Mine is, i know some others are too.
Should we upload some clips or funny pictures from the night here?