Halo Wars

Is Halo Wars a good game? Does it have a good campaign? I’ve never played it before. Any opinions are appreciated.

Has anybody on this forum ever played halo wars?

I definitely liked Halo Wars. The best console RTS if you ask me. It has a good story and great cutscenes. I think the campaign is better than the multiplayer.

Is it worth buying to play the campaign, if not the multiplayer? I’ve only played 1 RTS game before, and it wasn’t for Xbox360. Although I really liked it…

RTS is better on computer because it gives you better multi-tasking control. Wars is simpler and fun. I think it’s worth buying especially since the price is discounted compared to when it first came out.

Cool. Thanks man. :slight_smile:

> I definitely liked Halo Wars. The best console RTS if you ask me. It has a good story and great cutscenes. I think the campaign is better than the multiplayer.

I wouldn’t say it’s the best RTS for the console, Sup Comm is better.

But Halo Wars’s campaign was fun, but it was lacking a lot, and it was VERY limited. Also, like Burmetheus is right RTS games on the computer are a lot better than the console versions.

If you like RTS then yes it would be good(a little dumb’d down).
If you don’t really like them then it wouldn’t be so good unless you are really into the Halo Universe.
I personally didn’t like it because some of the battles are frustrating. But I am not familiar with RTS’s or RTS combat style.

Dude check out the last cut-scene on youtube for the campaign with the three spartans kicking -Yoink- :

Buy the classic version as you get the dlc free.

My opinion. The Campaign is alright but there characters are nothing special, John Forge is a cliche, run of the mill hero/soldier with some pretty awful lines. The gameplay is alright, if you’ve played games like Age of Mythology then it feels like a simplified and dumbed down version of that. It should be fairly cheap these days so you may as well get it.

I got to general, does that say enough?

I really like the campaign. Its a lot of fun, adds a lot of cool concepts to the Halo games (like the Shield World), and has a pretty good overall story. I would definitely recommend it to any Halo campaign fan. :slight_smile:

Campaign is good, units are balanced and easy to learn. The only problem I had was that there was NO COVENANT CAMPAIGN! Seriously, they missed a huge money-maker there!

Halo Wars is basically a “RTS light”. It misses many features full-fledged RTS games have and everything is a bit more simple. Not that this is a bad thing per se, especially not for a console RTS. But you might be a tad disappointed if you expect a RTS as extensive as on PCs.

As for the campaign’s story, I really liked it. It’s nothing too sophisticated but has many truly awesome cutscenes.

So, if you consider yourself a Halo fan, get that game! =)

it was a good game, definately worth atleast my money, i got it like what…20 bucks on the marketplace? but still

though i personally like RTS games on computer and BFME2 was definately my fav xbox RTS, Halowars is a game i still play on a regular basis.

> I got to general, does that say enough?

How longed did it take you to get a general?

omg…getting to general takes soooooooo long! like ive been a brigadier for like 5 months, and im actually good, get an average of 6000 points a game, but still the ranks are too far apart.

Well, I’m not an RTS kind of guy, but I really enjoyed it. It’s quite simple to learn your way around the controls, and the story and music are good as well. The cutscenes are amazing, to say the least.

> omg…getting to general takes soooooooo long! like ive been a brigadier for like 5 months, and im actually good, get an average of 6000 points a game, but still the ranks are too far apart.

you need a total score of 960,000 or something to get general.