Halo Wars

Is amazing. and its really cheap right now. You can probably find a used copy for 10 bucks. Anyone who has not tried this multiplayer should get behind it. we need a large community so they make us a second.

I haven’t played ever since TU5. All I know is that the stuff that TU5 took out isn’t back yet. I would like that to be added back before I start back. I’m sure people are abusing that like wild fire. Hopefully, they are fixing it.

bump for more new players

> I haven’t played ever since TU5. All I know is that the stuff that TU5 took out isn’t back yet. I would like that to be added back before I start back. I’m sure people are abusing that like wild fire. Hopefully, they are fixing it.

Yeah. I’ve been playing through it, but I haven’t encountered many of the bugs. I think the most notable is that Anders Gremlin’s can be made at Tech Level 1 again. None of my games have gone out of sync or stuff like that. It’s still enjoyable, yet frustrating with some of people you play with in 3v3 UA :stuck_out_tongue:

That comes with the territory I guess.

I never played the skirmish or mulitplayer mode when I got the game - mostly because I suck at it but I thoroughly enjoyed single player. I’m trying to get back into it now and I am enjoying it. Still suck though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Waypoint please listen. All you have to do is make the same game Halo Wars, with the same units. A few nerfs to some units and some of the glitches would help. Even if you dont make any changes or nerfs, all you would have to do is make new maps, keep the old ones and call it halo wars 2. If you did this you would have another platinum game.
Another set of leaders such as the flood would add thousands of new strats. Regardless take what you have, make new maps and call it halo wars 2. The rts following is huge and this is a guaranteed hit. Millions of dollars are waiting for you so what are you waiting for. Add another dlc and thats more millions for an alredy guaranteed platinum hit.

Interesting. I’ve been on the fence about buying this for some time. One one hand I’m a huge Halo fan, and I hear this game has a good storyline. Plus, just more Halo canon sounds awesome to me!

however, I did rent this before, and played it for all of 5 minutes. I’m not a big RTS guy, so maybe it was just my impatience and noobiness to the genre :stuck_out_tongue: I think I’ll pick it up soon enough, if some new game doesn’t catch my attention.

Anyone think it’s a good buy for someone like me?

> Waypoint please listen. All you have to do is make the same game Halo Wars, with the same units. A few nerfs to some units and some of the glitches would help. Even if you dont make any changes or nerfs, all you would have to do is make new maps, keep the old ones and call it halo wars 2. If you did this you would have another platinum game.
> Another set of leaders such as the flood would add thousands of new strats. Regardless take what you have, make new maps and call it halo wars 2. The rts following is huge and this is a guaranteed hit. Millions of dollars are waiting for you so what are you waiting for. Add another dlc and thats more millions for an alredy guaranteed platinum hit.

Actually I want a brand new game with a campaign, offline skirmishes, and multiplayer. I want a Halo Wars 2 to set the bar much higher than Halo Wars 1 set it.

> Interesting. I’ve been on the fence about buying this for some time. One one hand I’m a huge Halo fan, and I hear this game has a good storyline. Plus, just more Halo canon sounds awesome to me!
>
> however, I did rent this before, and played it for all of 5 minutes. I’m not a big RTS guy, so maybe it was just my impatience and noobiness to the genre :stuck_out_tongue: I think I’ll pick it up soon enough, if some new game doesn’t catch my attention.
>
> Anyone think it’s a good buy for someone like me?

If you’re new the the genre then Halo wars is a good place to start as unlike most other Rts games everything is reasonably well balanced and there are no unbeatable stratagies everything has a weak spot and can be beaten if you play well enough.

> there are no unbeatable stratagies everything has a weak spot and can be beaten if you play well enough.

If you beat my Anders on Pirth with your Prophet one game out of 100, I’ll give you 10000 microsoft points. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will try especially for that prize. Nothing to lose but a game.

Waypoint there is a million or so people that want Halo Wars 2. You have a starting point and could sell more than last game. What’s the deal? Millions of dollars are waiting to be given to you and we are waiting for Halo Wars 2. This seems like a no brainer here which could satisfy the RTS community, the Halo community and add to your list of great games. Not to mention you could make a few hundred million dollars.

> > there are no unbeatable stratagies everything has a weak spot and can be beaten if you play well enough.
>
> If you beat my Anders on Pirth with your Prophet one game out of 100, I’ll give you 10000 microsoft points. :stuck_out_tongue:

i could do it…

> > > there are no unbeatable stratagies everything has a weak spot and can be beaten if you play well enough.
> >
> > If you beat my Anders on Pirth with your Prophet one game out of 100, I’ll give you 10000 microsoft points. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> i could do it…

Very funny. Why don’t you F/R him with the challenge?

> > > there are no unbeatable stratagies everything has a weak spot and can be beaten if you play well enough.
> >
> > If you beat my Anders on Pirth with your Prophet one game out of 100, I’ll give you 10000 microsoft points. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> i could do it…

It was a joke, I’m not actually giving away microsoft points. But still, I don’t think you could.

Even if Halo Wars 2 seems like too much work, they have a workable engine. Halo Wars is already great, but it could have been 100 times better because it was INCREDIBLY RUSHED in the dev process, which is incidentally why it has so many gliches. Combine this with the fact that it’s support was cut out from under it multiple times, and what you have is a truly amazing circumstance. RTS needs post release support about 10x more than any other Genre because of balance issues. Look how long it took for Blizzard to produce Star Craft II. Now look how many updates they’ve had already after the game, even with all the years of testing.

Halo Wars is not an AAA game. It is not polished enough. And yet it was INCREDIBLY successful. Since most of the dev process went into deciding the formula, why wouldn’t you take that formula and create something 100x better with it?

I still think the best thing for 343 to do for the Halo franchise is to release a Halo Wars 1.5 DLC. They already have the engine, so all they have to do is fix a few bugs, make some balance changes, and maybe make a short campaign. It wouldn’t cost that much and there would be a lot of people who would buy it.

As far as Halo Wars 2 goes… There’s SO much that could be done. I’ve been entertaining myself with all sorts of ideas about changes they could make to the basic game mechanics and have begun to collect them into a Word Doc. I’m pretty busy now, but I might come and post it sometime in the future.

The HW formula is great because it’s fast paced, and doesn’t revolve around base building and economic micro-management. PC RTS gamers complain that this makes it a baby RTS, but I beg to differ. I think it is the beginning of a sub-genre of RTS that focuses on fast paced combat. A genre perfectly suited to console gaming, capable of making a lot more money.

What I’d really like to know is why the Strategic Options Add-on and Historical Battles Map Pack are still 800 MS points after a year and a half. Seriously, me and a few of my friends would probably get back into Halo Wars if the DLC went down to 400 MS points apiece, maybe even 600. It just doesn’t make sense to me why they would still be full price, every other multiplayer game with DLC I’ve ever seen has price drops for it after about 6 months.

But yeah, other than that little bit of baffling clerical nonsense it’s a very good game. Certainly the best console RTS outside the Pikmin series.

> What I’d really like to know is why the Strategic Options Add-on and Historical Battles Map Pack are still 800 MS points after a year and a half. Seriously, me and a few of my friends would probably get back into Halo Wars if the DLC went down to 400 MS points apiece, maybe even 600. It just doesn’t make sense to me why they would still be full price, every other multiplayer game with DLC I’ve ever seen has price drops for it after about 6 months.
>
> But yeah, other than that little bit of baffling clerical nonsense it’s a very good game. Certainly the best console RTS outside the Pikmin series.

It is a Halo game, and until a Halo Wars 2 is released, don’t expect the prices to go down.

P.S. Yes Pikmin was a very fun game. Can’t wait for Pikmin 3.

Halo Wars died when TU#4 wasn’t fixed imo. Or at least thats when I stopped playing, I had a fun 2 year ride on it.

To be blunt and honest, WayPoint gives Halo Wars no support and even lies. The lies come from constant reassurance from mods that “WayPoint will ban boosters”.

But for some reason it never happens, in the 16 months I have ranted and politely asked “why have they not banned anyone”.

SC2 is fun though.

Starcraft and Starcraft 2 crap all over Halo Wars. Its fine though, you couldnt have anything like Starcraft on a console. Halo wars is by far the best RTS on console.

> Starcraft and Starcraft 2 crap all over Halo Wars. Its fine though, you couldnt have anything like Starcraft on a console. Halo wars is by far the best RTS on console.

Free base building and large econ micro will never work on consoles. Halo Wars was so unpolished due to it’s support being cut immediately after its release and the fact that it was pumped out without a longer period for debugging. They spent so much time toying around to find out what would work on consoles. Now they have a formula that they could build upon to make something 100x better. It’s a shame really.

I’m not a PC gamer, but I have to admit that pretty much everything on consoles is rather limited by how low brow the consumer base tends to be. The success of console RTS games isn’t limited by the hardware, but rather by consumer trends and marketing. Still, I’m sure enough people would buy another Halo Wars game for it to make money.