halo wars

anyone want to boost for the genaral achievment

> anyone want to boost for the genaral achievment

lol. no. its too easy as it is…

Boosting for that achievement here is about the last thing on my mind :slight_smile:

It isn’t trueskill, there’s no reason to boost. Just keep playing.

> It isn’t trueskill, there’s no reason to boost. Just keep playing.

Exaclty. Kids are so concerned with rank, but it should be trueskill.

You(Reiver) are a perfect example. You dont play for points, you just play for fun/to win because you know it doesnt matter. Its awesome playing with you because you have a low rank, so the other team makes so many noobish assumptions, even though you could be top of the leaderboards.

However, it is possible to boost points. A buddy of mine needed some points, so we had 4 people (2 teams of 2) queue for 2v2 deathmatch while all in the same party. We were able to ensure we were in the same game when we found players simultaneously. The one guy that needed points built nothing but cobras, and me and my teammate drove tanks into him for about an hour, and he racked up plenty of points.

> > It isn’t trueskill, there’s no reason to boost. Just keep playing.
>
> Exaclty. Kids are so concerned with rank, but it should be trueskill.
>
> You(Reiver) are a perfect example. You dont play for points, you just play for fun/to win because you know it doesnt matter. Its awesome playing with you because you have a low rank, so the other team makes so many noobish assumptions, even though you could be top of the leaderboards.
>
> However, it is possible to boost points. A buddy of mine needed some points, so we had 4 people (2 teams of 2) queue for 2v2 deathmatch while all in the same party. We were able to ensure we were in the same game when we found players simultaneously. The one guy that needed points built nothing but cobras, and me and my teammate drove tanks into him for about an hour, and he racked up plenty of points.

Well the fact that I was already a general on my other account is a pretty big factor. Why else would I play a video game other than to have fun? Trueskill matters to me insomuch as it means funner and more challenging games, though I wouldn’t really care where I am on the leaderboards.

I honestly wish trueskill was done in Halo Wars like it is in Halo Reach.

> I honestly wish trueskill was done in Halo Wars like it is in Halo Reach.

I dont think the trueskill is any different. As far as I understood, trueskill was a microsoft product implemented in many games.

The problem is, the system works fine when you have 100,000 or more people online like halo reach does, but halo wars rarely has above 6000-7000.

> > I honestly wish trueskill was done in Halo Wars like it is in Halo Reach.
>
> I dont think the trueskill is any different. As far as I understood, trueskill was a microsoft product implemented in many games.
>
> The problem is, the system works fine when you have 100,000 or more people online like halo reach does, but halo wars rarely has above 6000-7000.

Yup. That’s basically it.

Bungie tweaked the trueskill for Halo Reach. They said that before it was even released.

> > anyone want to boost for the genaral achievment
>
> lol. no. its too easy as it is…

Agreed. But just look at Reach… boosting is pretty popular. Most Service Records I look at have at least one or two commendations boosted.

> > > anyone want to boost for the genaral achievment
> >
> > lol. no. its too easy as it is…
>
> Agreed. But just look at Reach… boosting is pretty popular. Most Service Records I look at have at least one or two commendations boosted.

Boosting for trueskill at least makes a little sense, but boosting for points in a system where you win points no matter what is just cheap and stupid. A lot of people boost trueskill because they think they lose for bad reasons and they deserve better. But your rank is just the total accumulation of points you get, there’s just no reason to want to play crappy people to get more points. Getting to general is supposed to be a worthwhile accomplishment that you get because you enjoy spending time playing the game. If you don’t enjoy playing the game enough to get to general, I say you probably don’t deserve it.

You could always mod your halo wars rank to get the achievement although that is kind of pointless.

> You could always mod your halo wars rank to get the achievement although that is kind of pointless.

Not to mention MS might take all of your gamerscore and label you a cheater. But other than that, it’s a totally great idea.

I guess I’m just too old to care any more. I haven’t played enough / well enough for a decent rank but nothing is stopping me from playing more. As for TruSkill I wish it were higher but, honestly, I just need to get better and not be stupid.

> I guess I’m just too old to care any more. I haven’t played enough / well enough for a decent rank but nothing is stopping me from playing more. As for TruSkill I wish it were higher but, honestly, I just need to get better and not be stupid.

Begch. Trueskill is just for bragging rights. It’s only important inasmuch as it allows you to play better people and thus play more competitive and fun games.

> > I guess I’m just too old to care any more. I haven’t played enough / well enough for a decent rank but nothing is stopping me from playing more. As for TruSkill I wish it were higher but, honestly, I just need to get better and not be stupid.
>
> Begch. Trueskill is just for bragging rights. It’s only important inasmuch as it allows you to play better people and thus play more competitive and fun games.

Truth. It means even less in Halo Wars where there is nowhere near enough people to make the system work correctly.

true skill does mean -Yoink-, because all everyone does is rush. so you are not playing better people.

> true skill does mean Yoink!, because all everyone does is rush. so you are not playing better people.

rushing is part of the game. if you can’t deal with it you suck

Boosting is cheating, so don’t boost. If I can get all the achievements the right way, so can anyone else.