Halo Wars Website Down?

The Halo Wars Official Website has been taken down:
WWW.Halowars.Com

Why has it been taken down?

Why has there not been any confirmation released?

The Halo Wars website was still often used by what’s left of the Halo Wars community. It’s our only way of tracking our games, and sharing them.
I would like some answers, and so would the rest of the Halo Wars community. At least have the decency to announce the termination of the website.
If for some reason it was a mistake, be sure to go and get it back online. While you’re there, it would be nice to fix the In-Game Population Meter: it is stuck at 975.

If you play Halo Wars, or care about its survival. Please post here to keep it alive, simply comment: HaloWars

Thanks,
Knife Pro

Want to watch Halo Wars videos?
YouTube Channel: KPLayouts

It’s sad to see the website go. That was the last thing we needed. It was a way of sharing our games and even improving our gameplay by tracking down some build times and other information. All of the hard efforts put together to improve our community is gone. From the early posts that gave rise to most of the strategies that we use today are gone out the window. I wonder what the reason for this is. I think the Halo Wars community deserves an explanation and hurry up and make Halo Wars 2!

P.S. Make sure you include the Arbiter in HW2!

omg this guy is right i cant tell if i can do 2v2 as well because it just said low population.

the halo community = 2500 players

Could be that that there are just some issues with the server that the site sits on at the moment, not necessarily that it’s been terminated

> 2533274813317074;5:
> Could be that that there are just some issues with the server that the site sits on at the moment, not necessarily that it’s been terminated

I would be surprised if it was taken down completely.

indeed

Just went to check stats and was disappointed to see its not working. Pretty sure it was working a few days ago?

And yes, we need that population counter sorted out as well please :slight_smile:

Still down 5 days later.

So the site is still down, but I noticed that the domain was updated just over a week ago on the 20th of January
http://whois.domaintools.com/halowars.com
I fired a tweet out to see if anyone had any more info in it, maybe someone will be able to find something out for you guys :slight_smile:

ok

It’s back online :slight_smile:

WHAT!? Halo Wars had a website!? Boy am I dumb.

> 2535424220995354;4:
> the halo community = 2500 players

That’s low, dangerously low. The AoS community has more players.

> 2535464077691593;14:
> > 2535424220995354;4:
> > the halo community = 2500 players
>
>
> That’s low, dangerously low. The AoS community has more players.

I mean at a peak time during a week.
It loads more 100k i estimate.

I see this thread is a tad bit old but as of 2 days ago (July, 20th 2015) I was able to see my game history online. ( I was admiring one of my best matches. lol) Now today, July 22nd, 2015, I cannot connect to anything on the Halo Wars website.

If anybody knows of a way to make this thread more popular, please do so. We all want answers and we all want Halo Wars 2 but until a sequel is made we would appreciate seeing Halo Wars maintained properly.

Thank you and Game On!

-Nic

> 2535424220995354;15:
> > 2535464077691593;14:
> > > 2535424220995354;4:
> > > the halo community = 2500 players
> >
> >
> > That’s low, dangerously low. The AoS community has more players.
>
>
> I mean at a peak time during a week.
> It loads more 100k i estimate.

I’ve been on at various times everyday and have never seen a proper “peek”. When counting the total amount of players to be accounted for in the playlists, it never passes 1,000. It’s a sad truth but I do have to say that I have been running into a lot of players that seem to have no concept of how to play. With that said, I can only assume that Halo Wars is still experiencing new players all the time, unfortunately not enough to support a comeback for the game. So… DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK! lmao

> 2533274919873479;13:
> WHAT!? Halo Wars had a website!? Boy am I dumb.

I’m pretty sure the game itself had a link to the website listed somewhere. (Not to mention the “Snap It” tag on the back of the original game case that lead you directly to their website lol)