Halo Wars vehicles for Halo 5's Warzone?

Which ones would you want?

The only Covenant vehicle I really want is the Locust, as the Covenant counterpart to the Mantis. For the UNSC, I really want to see the Grizzly and the Sparrowhawk.

The Grizzly would basically be a Scorpion on steroids, with cannons that fire in 2-shot bursts, a coaxially mounted machine gun controlled by the pilot (a la the Scorpion in Halo: CE/Halo 2) as well a ring turret and recharging energy shields. I’m thinking it should be REQ level 8.

The Locust would be a little faster than the Mantis, and it’s primary weapon of course would be a beam cannon like the ones on the Phaeton Helios. It would also have a powerful bubble shield that could be activated using the Left Trigger for additional protection; though it would have limited duration, and could be destroyed by a Spartan Laser shot. The Locust should probably be REQ level 7.

The Sparrowhawk would use the same controls as the Phaeton and be equipped with dual autocannons and a railgun. You switch to the railgun using the Y button, and it acts just like the main cannon on the Hannibal Scorpion, but with a smaller blast radius. The autocannons would be as powerful as the chaingun on the Mantis, but with slightly longer range and better accuracy. The Sparrowhawk would be REQ level 8.

Sounds great. Would love to try these out. If they were added, that is.

The grizzly never had energy shields, but it could be our first mythic vehicle. The first level 9 REQ. I would love it. Sparrow hawk could be cool, but I don’t think the locust has a place in the Halo 5 sandbox

> 2533274834952794;1:
> Which ones would you want?
>
> The only Covenant vehicle I really want is the Locust, as the Covenant counterpart to the Mantis. For the UNSC, I really want to see the Grizzly and the Sparrowhawk.
>
> The Grizzly would basically be a Scorpion on steroids, with cannons that fire in 2-shot bursts, a coaxially mounted machine gun controlled by the pilot (a la the Scorpion in Halo: CE/Halo 2) as well a ring turret and recharging energy shields. I’m thinking it should be REQ level 8.
>
> The Locust would be a little faster than the Mantis, and it’s primary weapon of course would be a beam cannon like the ones on the Phaeton Helios. It would also have a powerful bubble shield that could be activated using the Left Trigger for additional protection; though it would have limited duration, and could be destroyed by a Spartan Laser shot. The Locust should probably be REQ level 7.
>
> The Sparrowhawk would use the same controls as the Phaeton and be equipped with dual autocannons and a railgun. You switch to the railgun using the Y button, and it acts just like the main cannon on the Hannibal Scorpion, but with a smaller blast radius. The autocannons would be as powerful as the chaingun on the Mantis, but with slightly longer range and better accuracy. The Sparrowhawk would be REQ level 8.

I agree with all of this.

> 2533274832089275;3:
> The grizzly never had energy shields, but it could be our first mythic vehicle. The first level 9 REQ. I would love it. Sparrow hawk could be cool, but I don’t think the locust has a place in the Halo 5 sandbox

I know that, but I always thought that the Grizzly should have shields. And what’s wrong with the Locust?

It was an anti building vehicle. It wasn’t very good against anything else, so what would its role be in halo 5

Would fit into warzone? I mean would they get gameplay issues.

All of them!!!

> 2533274832089275;6:
> It was an anti building vehicle. It wasn’t very good against anything else, so what would its role be in halo 5

Are you kidding? I found the Locust to be just as effective at taking apart enemy tanks and demolishing infantry as it was at taking apart buildings.

Change some numbers to keep I in line with Mantis, as long as the key concept of a powerful accurate beam is still there.

> 2533274967369999;10:
> Change some numbers to keep I in line with Mantis, as long as the key concept of a powerful accurate beam is still there.

it would have to have more armor than the mantis. i don’t think people would like another vehicle made out of paper. or it could compensate for the baad armor by adding extra shields

> 2533274834952794;1:
> Which ones would you want?
>
> The only Covenant vehicle I really want is the Locust, as the Covenant counterpart to the Mantis. For the UNSC, I really want to see the Grizzly and the Sparrowhawk.
>
> The Grizzly would basically be a Scorpion on steroids, with cannons that fire in 2-shot bursts, a coaxially mounted machine gun controlled by the pilot (a la the Scorpion in Halo: CE/Halo 2) as well a ring turret and recharging energy shields. I’m thinking it should be REQ level 8.
>
> The Locust would be a little faster than the Mantis, and it’s primary weapon of course would be a beam cannon like the ones on the Phaeton Helios. It would also have a powerful bubble shield that could be activated using the Left Trigger for additional protection; though it would have limited duration, and could be destroyed by a Spartan Laser shot. The Locust should probably be REQ level 7.
>
> The Sparrowhawk would use the same controls as the Phaeton and be equipped with dual autocannons and a railgun. You switch to the railgun using the Y button, and it acts just like the main cannon on the Hannibal Scorpion, but with a smaller blast radius. The autocannons would be as powerful as the chaingun on the Mantis, but with slightly longer range and better accuracy. The Sparrowhawk would be REQ level 8.

grizzly tanks or the elephant

> 2533274809220485;8:
> All of them!!!

the vulture would not fit that well. or the scarab. so. yeah.

I would pay money for this DLC.

Flame painted Warthog from the Limited Edition

> 2533274832089275;6:
> It was an anti building vehicle. It wasn’t very good against anything else, so what would its role be in halo 5

Because no vehicle that has returned has ever had gameplay changes in the history of gaming ever he said sarcastically

Image a Vulture entering the field!!! We would need a bigger map though hehe

My dream would be Pelicans though. Imagine this: Your teammates are on Tankmaster Rok, leaving the earlier captured Spire unguarded! You see that enemy color creeping into your base icon. Draw that PELICAN card! Load 5 teammates onboard and drop em off just before the Spire falls. -Yoinks!- will be kicked and the middle of the map remains home… for now…

> 2533274808539505;17:
> Image a Vulture entering the field!!! We would need a bigger map though hehe
>
> My dream would be Pelicans though. Imagine this: Your teammates are on Tankmaster Rok, leaving the earlier captured Spire unguarded! You see that enemy color creeping into your base icon. Draw that PELICAN card! Load 5 teammates onboard and drop em off just before the Spire falls. -Yoinks!- will be kicked and the middle of the map remains home… for now…

size comparison in halo, the vultures are giant compared to spartans. it would cover the entire map haha.

i don’t see the use for pelicans, just a faster way to transport people really.

> 2533274818737568;16:
> > 2533274832089275;6:
> > It was an anti building vehicle. It wasn’t very good against anything else, so what would its role be in halo 5
>
>
> Because no vehicle that has returned has ever had gameplay changes in the history of gaming ever he said sarcastically

Pretty much. I think the Locust could easily be tweaked to fit an anti-vehicle role. The beam could have a very low AoE, making it effective against bigger targets. Think of it as an equivalent of the Gauss Warthog.

Sounds great your idea men