Halo Wars themed game mode

Now I never really played much Halo Wars and by that I mean I played one game of what i believed to be multiplayer at a friends house. So if this sounds completely ridicules do say so.

The last few Halo titles have consisted of Multiplayer matchmaking, Custom Games, Firefight/Spartan Ops and a Theater mode. What if we added a Halo Wars themed mode on top of that? It would play similar to Halo Wars multiplayer with custom options. I see so many people asking for a second Halo Wars game and with the not so recent addition of prometheans, I don’t think it would be so much of a bad idea to include a Halo Wars themed game mode.

I really haven’t got much else to say. Again I haven’t really played the game.

Dominion, in my opinion, is the closest game to Halo Wars. A FPS version of Halo Wars would pretty much have to be it’s own game, which probably means a MMO. I think trying to squeeze a game like that into Halo 5’s matchmaking would probably make something explode.

I would imagine they would make a halo wars 2 as it is the highest selling console strategy game. The game itself was dubbed down so any halo player could play it so I hope they make it much more advance.

> I would imagine they would make a halo wars 2 as it is the highest selling console strategy game. The game itself was dubbed down so any halo player could play it so I hope they make it much more advance.

It’s a console game, making it too complex on a console is ackward to play, it’s why C & C felt pretty bad on consoles while the PC versions were better. If people wanted a more complicated Halo RTS then it might as well be for the PC instead. Halo wars wasn’t dumbed down, it was designed to be easier to play.

> > I would imagine they would make a halo wars 2 as it is the highest selling console strategy game. The game itself was dubbed down so any halo player could play it so I hope they make it much more advance.
>
> It’s a console game, making it too complex on a console is ackward to play, it’s why C & C felt pretty bad on consoles while the PC versions were better. If people wanted a more complicated Halo RTS then it might as well be for the PC instead. Halo wars wasn’t dumbed down, it was designed to be easier to play.

I guess you have never played ruse or supreme Commander 2, have you? Command and conquer was designed for PC then put on console, halo wars showed other developers how to design console RTS games. Halo wars wasn’t targeted for RTS gamers it was for halo players so they made it as simple as possible to play. They can make it more complicated by adding free base building, a tech tree, more unit commands, bigger maps, bigger variety in units and more factions like the flood or forerunners. Halo wars wasn’t given a high budget but seeing how successful it was Microsoft will probably make a AAA halo wars game.