Halo Wars Stat Tracking to Continue

Halo Wars Stat-Tracking
Good news, everyone: Plans have changed and Halo Wars stat-tracking will continue to be supported after all. In other words, you, the Halo Wars fans, spoke and we listened. 343 Industries and Waypoint are in the process of investigating alternate ways of continuing to support Halo Wars stat-tracking, and while exact plans have yet to be formalized, Halo Wars fans can rest assured that they will continue to be able to access their game statistics online.Why the change of heart?
Waypoint and 343 Industries were always uncomfortable with the idea of taking stat-tracking offline, even though the technical and logistical problems presented made sense. The argument that it was a small and shrinking population didn’t do much to quell the reaction of both Halo Wars fans and Halo FPS fans who were concerned about the future of other Halo titles, and we decided that the current plan of action was not in line with how we have always intended to support Halo games and the Halo franchise in general.Is this simply a delay in removing the stats?
This is not a delay. Waypoint’s goal is making sure that Halo fans continue to have access to stats for the Halo games they’re playing for as long as possible.What does this mean for TU5?
Title Update 5 will still take place, as we want to fix the Theater issues that some users are experiencing. Other than that, you should not notice any changes in Halo Wars or Halo Wars stat-tracking.So what happens on December 15th?
The Halo Wars and Halo Waypoint forums will still be merged. But other than that, nothing changes. Keep playing Halo Wars and keep checking your stats on HaloWars.com! If and when the location of accessing your stats changes, we will let you know at that point in time.

This is a great win for the Halo Wars peeps. AWESOME stuff. Thanks for doing this for them. I don’t play the game, but I appreciate this.

WOOHOOO!

Cool.
I love this game and then i still have to unlock a goal, to become general.

Well done for both killing and then saving Halo Wars Cocop. Now where’s Dark Planetoid Rising?

I can’t hear you, I guess your headset is broken.

> I can’t hear you, I guess your headset is broken.

^Win.

xD

I’m a General and still used to play from time to time! Deathmatch is sooooo fun! You can truly see that 343i DOES care about the comunity. They listen, they act, if they don’t act they tell us. They interact, and they need to keep interacting.

Is Glyph the only one with a friend’s list that’s not full?

Great.
Now what about Halo 2 Vista?
It’s linked to Games for windows LIVE servers for achievements and according to the GFWL support section, support for this game is supposedly going to last up until 2012.
Is H2V going to be added to Waypoint at sometime or was the faith I had in Microsoft for supporting their games when I purchased H2V in vain?

> Halo Wars Stat-Tracking
> Good news, everyone: Plans have changed and Halo Wars stat-tracking will continue to be supported after all. In other words, you, the Halo Wars fans, whined about it until we were forced to listen, and actually do something for the HWF for once, even if that was simply undoing another bad choice that we made…

Fix’d fist paragraph.

This is AWESOME. But what does this mean exactly for HW.com? Are you just shutting down the forums and keeping the rest of the site in tact?

Mr Congeniality FTW. :wink:

> This is AWESOME. But what does this mean exactly for HW.com? Are you just shutting down the forums and keeping the rest of the site in tact?

Yes.

> > This is AWESOME. But what does this mean exactly for HW.com? Are you just shutting down the forums and keeping the rest of the site in tact?
>
> Yes.

Wait - What?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo… Don’t do it Cocop!

> > This is AWESOME. But what does this mean exactly for HW.com? Are you just shutting down the forums and keeping the rest of the site in tact?
>
> Yes.

Yeah, sorry I read it on HW.

It would be much better for Waypoint as a site if you tried to get all Halo game stats to run through a section of the site. It would integrate the community a lot more, which is your goal.

In fact, figuring out how to reroute the stats into Waypoint’s site would be good practice for future Halo games.

Awesome.

Awesome, now it will be much easier for all of us to get along. On the downside, looks like I have to genuinely work to get to General… who’s with me?

Brilliant news. Thanks for listening.

Now, hows about Halo Wars 2?.. We’d all love you forever …

… You know you want to.

It’s nice to see 343 go the extra mile for the Halo Wars community. Keep up the good work guys!

+1 Respect

Excellent! :slight_smile: