halo wars stat tracking should be moved over to waypoint

now we all know that 343 wont shut down stat tracking. so i thought that they should bring the stat tracking over here. because i think that this website would become even more awesome with that and it would show 343 cares about all the halo games.

P.S if that does happen than all we need is to be able to view our waypoint medals online here

They should do what bungie did with their games. Have a link in their profile to it and on the main page have a search bar for people.

Bring it over here so the way point can resemble the SoF.

im just saying it’s the best course of action, and when the CE re-make comes out those stats can be up here with halo wars, and 343 does want to migrate the halo wars community over here so i just think it would be the best thing to do and than let us see our medals up here than our halo reach stats

It might be the best course of action, but I don’t know if it’s technologically possible. I remember the debates when they first announced to get rid of the HW website (along with stat tracking), the mods said it was basically impossible to move it over to the new website because of the way the servers were set up or something. I’m just glad they kept it, and it really isn’t a hassle at all to search it on the old website.

> It might be the best course of action, but I don’t know if it’s technologically possible. I remember the debates when they first announced to get rid of the HW website (along with stat tracking), the mods said it was basically impossible to move it over to the new website because of the way the servers were set up or something. I’m just glad they kept it, and it really isn’t a hassle at all to search it on the old website.

Ya, the game files its stats reports directly to the “Halowars.com”, so they’d have to make a patch that changes that, and also be ready for it on this side, not to mention transferring the old stats.

> > It might be the best course of action, but I don’t know if it’s technologically possible. I remember the debates when they first announced to get rid of the HW website (along with stat tracking), the mods said it was basically impossible to move it over to the new website because of the way the servers were set up or something. I’m just glad they kept it, and it really isn’t a hassle at all to search it on the old website.
>
> Ya, the game files its stats reports directly to the “Halowars.com”, so they’d have to make a patch that changes that, and also be ready for it on this side, not to mention transferring the old stats.

Not 100% true. There are sites that can copy data from others almost like streaming it if that word works with what im trying to say. Just copy all the halowars.com data to here and make halowars.com invisible or something. An example is appshopper. It copys all the data from apple to their site and can use it the same way

> > > It might be the best course of action, but I don’t know if it’s technologically possible. I remember the debates when they first announced to get rid of the HW website (along with stat tracking), the mods said it was basically impossible to move it over to the new website because of the way the servers were set up or something. I’m just glad they kept it, and it really isn’t a hassle at all to search it on the old website.
> >
> > Ya, the game files its stats reports directly to the “Halowars.com”, so they’d have to make a patch that changes that, and also be ready for it on this side, not to mention transferring the old stats.
>
> Not 100% true. There are sites that can copy data from others almost like streaming it if that word works with what im trying to say. Just copy all the halowars.com data to here and make halowars.com invisible or something. An example is appshopper. It copys all the data from apple to their site and can use it the same way

yeah that defenitly sounds possible with a title update made to the game. the stats could be copied over here after adjustments are made to the website and profiles to be able to read them, than a title update could be made to edit the game so the stats would be sent to halo waypoint. this would take a while but it is defeniately possible and in my opinion worth it.

> Ya, the game files its stats reports directly to the “Halowars.com”, so they’d have to make a patch that changes that, and also be ready for it on this side, not to mention transferring the old stats.

As far as I know, this is correct. :slight_smile:

> Not 100% true. There are sites that can copy data from others almost like streaming it if that word works with what im trying to say. Just copy all the halowars.com data to here and make halowars.com invisible or something. An example is appshopper. It copys all the data from apple to their site and can use it the same way

While yes, the marvels of modern computing allow many creative things (“magic”) to occur, this just isn’t ideal in my opinion. It would be a waste of valuable resources to attempt what you describe.

To be honest, the best course of action is to keep halowars.com as is. If 343i finds themselves with significant amounts of extra time (not likely with all of the surprises they have in store for us), they can patch the game and transfer all content to the Waypoint servers. Unfortunately, I just don’t see them having the time.

Rejoice in the fact that HW stats have been saved and don’t let anything else get you down. Hallelujah! :smiley:

> > > It might be the best course of action, but I don’t know if it’s technologically possible. I remember the debates when they first announced to get rid of the HW website (along with stat tracking), the mods said it was basically impossible to move it over to the new website because of the way the servers were set up or something. I’m just glad they kept it, and it really isn’t a hassle at all to search it on the old website.
> >
> > Ya, the game files its stats reports directly to the “Halowars.com”, so they’d have to make a patch that changes that, and also be ready for it on this side, not to mention transferring the old stats.
>

And the amount of bandwidth that’s gonna take is…?