Halo wars pre order worries

I was thinking of pre ordering the ultimate edition until I heard of microtransactions
in the ultimate edition it states that you get new units and leaders with it
with the arrival with blitz mode though I am worried that all these new units will be exclusive cards

considering that I won’t play blitz as much considering that I love the old school kind of rts system with managment I want to know if these new units and leaders will be of use in skirmish matches or just variants of cards in blitz because I honestly won’t pay a cent for a card based bonus

This is why I’m holding off of special editions and pre-orders.

They just use it to trick the old loyal fans to jump up and quickly get it, like people used to pre-order REAL pre-order exclusive items back in the day but now its just a scam because they don’t mention that they are timed exclusives or easily/early access items and lately, this has been the case.

Better off getting standard editions and waiting for the exclusivity to run out or unlock the stuff via gameplay…

I think what they meant was that you will get the DLC for the new units and whatever.

> 2533274848663644;3:
> I think what they meant was that you will get the DLC for the new units and whatever.

i know that. but what i mean is i hope the new units and leaders arent just cards for the new blitz mode

> 2535451095571869;1:
> I was thinking of pre ordering the ultimate edition until I heard of microtransactions
> in the ultimate edition it states that you get new units and leaders with it
> with the arrival with blitz mode though I am worried that all these new units will be exclusive cards
>
> considering that I won’t play blitz as much considering that I love the old school kind of rts system with managment I want to know if these new units and leaders will be of use in skirmish matches or just variants of cards in blitz because I honestly won’t pay a cent for a card based bonus

I’m mainly getting the Ultimate edition because It gives you halo wars 2 ($60 on its own, the season pass for halo 2($30-$40) and an Hd version of halo wars 1( Max $25-$20) The Ultimate edition is more cost effective since it’s $80. And correct me if I’m wrong but Blitz sounded like it’s own gametype. We were able to play the halo wars 2 beta without Microtransactions. Now if Blitz becomes something similar to warzone, that might be of worry. I myself will probably only play online with friends and strictly play campaign and battle bots if there is a skirmish mode like in the first halo wars.