halo wars general

Its been a while since I played, but does anybody know roughly how many points you get from a typical game of halo wars? I’m at 25000 pts and I’m curious what I’d be getting myself into if I decide to go for general. Also, how many points per game do people get from a boosting match?

> Its been a while since I played, but does anybody know roughly how many points you get from a typical game of halo wars? I’m at 25000 pts and I’m curious what I’d be getting myself into if I decide to go for general. Also, how many points per game do people get from a boosting match?

The base score cap (the number on the far left of the score screen, unnaffected by the multiplier) is 4000. The greatest multiplier you can get is 8.4, so the highest score you can get is technically 33,600. However, teh chances of getting both 4000 points and a perfect multiplier are very very vlow.

The score you get can aslo depened on your enemies quite a bit. I have had people leave the second they see my 3 warthogs in the beginning of a game, and I get 0 points (maybe a few from neutrals).

All the points below are if you generally do well in your games, meaning you kill more than you lose.
Average points in a 1v1 are anywhere from 300-2000 (dependning on length)
Average for 2v2 is probably around 1000-6000.
Average for 3v3 is probly 1500-8000
Once again, these are averages for STANDARD. I have had games with much mroe and much less, thats why the ranges I give are so big.

For deathmatch, your point average goes way up:
1v1 DM average is probly 2000-6000
2v2 DM average is probly 5000-8000

If you want to get points fast, try:

1. get in a matchmaking game with a friend and have him send waves of crap units for you to kill/
  2. play a 2v2 or 3v3, build warthogs or a leader and clear all the neutral bases as fast as you can (before other people)
  3. turtle. Build lots of counter units only (cobras/wolverines) and full turrets. Let their attacks break on you.
  4. Play deathmatch

Wow, so if I average 3000 per 20 minute game it will take 106 hrs to get general but if I average 4000 per game it will take 80 hours. Halo wars is fun, but not 100 hours fun.

> Wow, so if I average 3000 per 20 minute game it will take 106 hrs to get general but if I average 4000 per game it will take 80 hours. Halo wars is fun, but not 100 hours fun.

At least it doesnt take 2,400,000 like it did a few months back, and 3,200,000 before that.

Your looking at it in the wrong way though, but you answer your own question.

Its not “How many hours will it take me…”

Its “How much fun can I have…”

You look at it the first way, so you obviosuly dont enjoy the game taht much.

Hm… In deathmatch 1v1 I usually get around 2000 p. For me 2000 xp per ~10 minutes is acceptable. Well I think it’s 2000… It might be 1000 but I don’t think so. But I’m a general so… It’s still fun.

Play UNSC, expand early to a close second base, get Cobras and Wolverines to turtle. When you’re set up, research Hornets and Flamethrowers, and get Flamethrowers earlier if you’re hit with Hunters. Try to help your teammates a bit, otherwise they get overwhelmed and 3v1 you’ll be destroyed. Scout to keep your unit balance right between attacks, but don’t hit their bases until your teammates are steamrolling them. Sit back and enjoy a long game.

> > Wow, so if I average 3000 per 20 minute game it will take 106 hrs to get general but if I average 4000 per game it will take 80 hours. Halo wars is fun, but not 100 hours fun.
>
> At least it doesnt take 2,400,000 like it did a few months back, and 3,200,000 before that.
>
>
> Your looking at it in the wrong way though, but you answer your own question.
>
> Its not “How many hours will it take me…”
>
> Its “How much fun can I have…”
>
> You look at it the first way, so you obviosuly dont enjoy the game taht much.

Thanks for the perspective. I guess I kind of gave up on this game when I no longer had any friends playing. I feel the difference between playing HW with friends and with strangers is immense, especially people without a mic. If anybody wants to add me, I’m up for some 2v2 or 3v3. GT is my username.

> > > Wow, so if I average 3000 per 20 minute game it will take 106 hrs to get general but if I average 4000 per game it will take 80 hours. Halo wars is fun, but not 100 hours fun.
> >
> > At least it doesnt take 2,400,000 like it did a few months back, and 3,200,000 before that.
> >
> >
> > Your looking at it in the wrong way though, but you answer your own question.
> >
> > Its not “How many hours will it take me…”
> >
> > Its “How much fun can I have…”
> >
> > You look at it the first way, so you obviosuly dont enjoy the game taht much.
>
> Thanks for the perspective. I guess I kind of gave up on this game when I no longer had any friends playing. I feel the difference between playing HW with friends and with strangers is immense, especially people without a mic. If anybody wants to add me, I’m up for some 2v2 or 3v3. GT is my username.

I ONLY play halo wars with friends now, and I rarely try my hardest to win.

This my be in part to the amount of time I have already played, and how ismple Halo Wars is for an RTS game (compared to starcraft/warcraft/any computer rts)

I just play to have fun, use stupid strats. CYCLOPS RUSH FTW

> Its been a while since I played, but does anybody know roughly how many points you get from a typical game of halo wars? I’m at 25000 pts and I’m curious what I’d be getting myself into if I decide to go for general. Also, how many points per game do people get from a boosting match?

Play a lot. I’m also going for General… I try to play 5 games a night… It doesn’t always happen, but play anyway it’s good practice. I figure it will probably take me 3 - 6 months LOL.

It took me about 5 months and about 3 to 4 hundred matches to get general, i was only playing 3v3 random though and a lot of the matches were over before the 4 min mark if you could seethe amount of time I’ve spent in matches it’d say something like.

Shortest match: 3 seconds
Longest match: 3 hours 30 mins
Average game length: about 25 mins

Just keep playing and don’t resign. It’ll take 6 months. Lets just say if Halo Wars had a prestige system, I’d had 2nd prestige, it’s too addicting.

If you want points, death match. Personally though, I prefer the strategy of standard… strange how I have over
1.8m points playing standard 3 on 3… Wow… wow… I sound sad.

> Just keep playing and don’t resign. It’ll take 6 months. Lets just say if Halo Wars had a prestige system, I’d had 2nd prestige, it’s too addicting.
>
> If you want points, death match. Personally though, I prefer the strategy of standard… strange how I have over
> 1.8m points playing standard 3 on 3… Wow… wow… I sound sad.

Actually, resigning can prevent you from getting a lower score. If you never resign, you give the enemy the chance to destroy everything you have, lowering your multiplier.

Sometimes you find yourself in a game, where you and your enemies army have fought, and you know you have lost. As you try to fight back, the inevitable becomes more clear: you will lose. Instead of letting the enemy destroy your base, RESIGN, locking in the amount of units you have lost for the game, instead of allowing that number to grow and ruin your multiplier.
Basically, once you have taken out all you can, and all that can happen is the destruction of more of your units/buildings, you have maxed your multiplier and should resign.

NEVER BLOW UP YOUR BASE. If a person blows up their base with no enemies around, the points will be divided amongst the enemy players and the scoring formula assumes these buildings were lost, lowering your multiplier.

@Radioactiv Taco:

Besides deathmatch, UA 3v3 is the best place to farm points. People are often busy teching up, which allows a point farmer to spam warthogs and clear all neutrals on the map. After that, you can continue to play and get more points and possibly victory, or resign and collect the points you got from neutrals.

Deathmatch you get around 4000-10000 if you do well. I got to General in ten days doing this.

> Deathmatch you get around 4000-10000 if you do well. I got to General in ten days doing this.

How many games a day?

Don’t boost like a guy above said. If you are going to go for it, get it fair. Also, do the honorable thing and blow up your bases if you know you lost. Don’t resign and cheat people out of points. I have been a general for a long time, and I still have the honor to not take the cheap way out. You also get a 20% points bonus too for staying the whole game.

> Don’t boost like a guy above said. If you are going to go for it, get it fair. Also, do the honorable thing and blow up your bases if you know you lost. Don’t resign and cheat people out of points. I have been a general for a long time, and I still have the honor to not take the cheap way out. You also get a 20% points bonus too for staying the whole game.

A resign still earns them points.

Im 2/3 the way to general :smiley:

> > Just keep playing and don’t resign. It’ll take 6 months. Lets just say if Halo Wars had a prestige system, I’d had 2nd prestige, it’s too addicting.
> >
> > If you want points, death match. Personally though, I prefer the strategy of standard… strange how I have over
> > 1.8m points playing standard 3 on 3… Wow… wow… I sound sad.
>
> Actually, resigning can prevent you from getting a lower score. If you never resign, you give the enemy the chance to destroy everything you have, lowering your multiplier.
>
> Sometimes you find yourself in a game, where you and your enemies army have fought, and you know you have lost. As you try to fight back, the inevitable becomes more clear: you will lose. Instead of letting the enemy destroy your base, RESIGN, locking in the amount of units you have lost for the game, instead of allowing that number to grow and ruin your multiplier.
> Basically, once you have taken out all you can, and all that can happen is the destruction of more of your units/buildings, you have maxed your multiplier and should resign.
>
> NEVER BLOW UP YOUR BASE. If a person blows up their base with no enemies around, the points will be divided amongst the enemy players and the scoring formula assumes these buildings were lost, lowering your multiplier.
>
> @Radioactiv Taco:
>
> Besides deathmatch, UA 3v3 is the best place to farm points. People are often busy teching up, which allows a point farmer to spam warthogs and clear all neutrals on the map. After that, you can continue to play and get more points and possibly victory, or resign and collect the points you got from neutrals.

Resigning only actually makes a difference to your score if you were the last on your team to quit out of the match. If you resign but you still have team mates in the game your stuff blows up decreasing your multiplier same as blowing your buildings up yourself where as if your resign and there’s no one left on your team the game simply endsand your buildings/units are still alive and not recorded as destroyed on the end game screen

960,000 for General last time i checked.