Halo Wars for the PC or Mac

I really love Halo Wars on the 360 but would love it even more if it was on my Mac (ok put the plasma grenade’s down, all you flamers).

I know there isn’t a hope in hell but is there any talk or anything about porting it to the ‘PC’ in general?

I mean Halo CE and 2 came to the PC so I was wondering if anyone at Microsoft etc… had any plans to port this?

Sorry to be the one to say it, but I highly, highly doubt you will see Halo Wars on a PC/Mac. From the beginning, the developers had the intention of making a console RTS. Everything about the game was designed and crafted with that in mind, from the controls to the units to the stationary building pads. I’m not going to be one to say it will never happen, but it’s pretty close. :wink:

HW would probably suck as a PC game, plus everything was designed for use by an Xbox controller.

> I really love Halo Wars on the 360 but would love it even more if it was on my Mac (ok put the plasma grenade’s down, all you flamers).
>
> I know there isn’t a hope in hell but is there any talk or anything about porting it to the ‘PC’ in general?
>
> I mean Halo CE and 2 came to the PC so I was wondering if anyone at Microsoft etc… had any plans to port this?

Microsoft never have good plans to port anything.
Halo 2 PC? proof enough.

[(Video Game News & Reviews | Engadget)]There was an RTS mod for a game]([Video Game News & Reviews | Engadget), which incorporated Halo stuff, and was very good until Microsoft sent the author a Cease & Desist letter, because, Microsoft was already planning to release an RTS Halo game for Xbox 360.

Maybe they should continue development on this mod, it’s not like Microsoft can lose sales from Halo Wars, and they’re never going to make anymore Halo games for PC or Mac* for that matter.

*Halo 2 was only released for PC.

> > I really love Halo Wars on the 360 but would love it even more if it was on my Mac (ok put the plasma grenade’s down, all you flamers).
> >
> > I know there isn’t a hope in hell but is there any talk or anything about porting it to the ‘PC’ in general?
> >
> > I mean Halo CE and 2 came to the PC so I was wondering if anyone at Microsoft etc… had any plans to port this?
>
> Microsoft never have good plans to port anything.
> Halo 2 PC? proof enough.
>
> There was an RTS mod for a game, which incorporated Halo stuff, and was very good until Microsoft sent the author a Cease & Desist letter, because, Microsoft was already planning to release an RTS Halo game for Xbox 360.
>
> Maybe they should continue development on this mod, it’s not like Microsoft can lose sales from Halo Wars, and they’re never going to make anymore Halo games for PC or Mac* for that matter.
>
> *Halo 2 was only released for PC.

I doubt anyone would want to be sued by Microsoft which they would be sued for continuing a mod.