Halo Wars deal of the week

To everyone on this boards, please post in here if you want to make HW dlc a deal of the week. I’ve been looking through Enesemble Studios forums and they suggested asking 343 studios/Halo Waypoint team to help that happen.

The game have been picking up a lot of players recently, which might be caused by closing Halo Reach release. Many would like to enjoy the new maps and modes, but theese are really pricy. Please post in here so we might get some attention from Halo Waypoint mods, and hopefully they will take our request to Microsoft.

I agree they are way overpriced, but I was able to find them on ebay for $5 per DLC, which is the price they should be. I think they should also make a Double XP weekend for Halo Wars to help people get general. But now that I got general I am 100% done with Halo Wars.

I agree with you on this. Personally I do not believe that we should have to pay for new game modes (isn’t that what title updates are for?). The thing that just drives me nuts is that they are charging 800mps for EACH! They should be 800mps combined then it would be reasonable. I understand that they are trying to make money off of it, but I also know a lot of people who have been deterred from purchasing these add-ons because of the price. Now to finish my little rant; yes I do believe they should make them the deal of the week again especially with Reach so close to try and get people remembering and adamant about the Halo series again.

i really hope that they update halo wars to fix the cutscenes. that is one of the best parts and without it you are not getting the full halo experience.

I wasn’t aware the cutscenes were broken.

> I wasn’t aware the cutscenes were broken.

This^^ ??

Me neither. But when you mention it… I couldn’t view the ending from the Theater menu.

I just attempted to view all cutscenes and they all worked fine from the Theater menu. Maybe they are only broken for some people?

With Halowars TU4 patch, the last two cut scenes were having problems loading the the theater.
If anyone has any halowars related questions (patch info/ updates) I’ll be happy to answer as I at one stage was the #1 3v3 player in the world and have been in numerous #1 GB teams.

> With Halowars TU4 patch, the last two cut scenes were having problems loading the the theater.
> If anyone has any halowars related questions (patch info/ updates) I’ll be happy to answer as I at one stage was the #1 3v3 player in the world and have been in numerous #1 GB teams.

And i thought it was my savefile.
On-topic, i really hope they put a deal of the week for halo wars, but, with Halo Reach getting near release, i really doubt this is going to happen.

Yea the DLC for this was overpriced I hope it’s a deal of the week soon, also the cutscene glitch does need to be fixed.

I’ve been waiting for a deal on these for ages. As someone said above, 800 points for the maps is fine, but why is it 800 points for the game modes?

If they bundled them up for 800 points I’d buy them. If they made the modes free I’d buy the map pack. If they made each 400 points, I’d buy them. But I’ve been refusing to buy either of them because of the modes price since they first came out.

> I agree they are way overpriced, but I was able to find them on ebay for $5 per DLC, which is the price they should be.

No, Strategic Options should not be any where near that. It’s practically patch material.

oh yeah the moment halo wars DLC go on for sale or are reduces in price i am buying them both but at this time 800 for each is just too much imo

its ridiculous on how much they are asking for the DLC’s. If it were to just drop to 10 for both then I’ll buy it.

Although dropping price soon would be a money maker due to pure Halo hype, I don’t know that it would be good for Reach, which is where they are focusing things. I eventually got the DLC as a gift, but agree 100% that it is overpriced.

It’s quite ridiculous that there hasn’t been a price drop yet, or even (dare I say it) that Strategic Options hasn’t been made free. Seriously, a lot more people (including myself) would purchase the DLC and pick this game back up if it was reasonably priced.

If it does go on DoTW for 50% off I’ll pick it up, and I’m sure a few of my friends would too.

I agree with most. I never was really a fan of the game, but I’d go for DLC and pick the game up again if it was cheaper.

I too would pick this up as i have all the Halo games and all DLC apart from HW due to being heaviliy overpriced, i mean really 800msp for the game modes which amount to 1.9MB is a bit bloody over the top. Give me that free and the map pack for 400msp you got a deal…

Given the history this game has seen lately, anything is possible.