Halo Wars cheating - Prophet using beam on teammates to increase their own score

Has anyone encountered teammate Prophets who, at the end of a match, turn their beam on their own teammates to increase their own score?

This just happened to me - has anyone else experienced this? If so, it seems as though this individual uses this method to boost.

How can I record a match to post online for ban hammer?

Thanks

*This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out specific individuals.

> Has anyone encountered teammate Prophets who, at the end of a match, turn their beam on their own teammates to increase their own score?
>
> This just happened to me - has anyone else experienced this? If so, it seems as though this individual uses this method to boost.
>
> How can I record a match to post online for ban hammer?
>
> Thanks
>
> *This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out specific individuals.

Killing your teammate’s units will not increase your score.

It won’t increase your score only decrease the multiplier of the one being cleansed. It was done to me once, i simply put 4 Mac rounds into the prophet and declared myself victorious lol

> > Has anyone encountered teammate Prophets who, at the end of a match, turn their beam on their own teammates to increase their own score?
> >
> > This just happened to me - has anyone else experienced this? If so, it seems as though this individual uses this method to boost.
> >
> > How can I record a match to post online for ban hammer?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > *This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out specific individuals.
>
> Killing your teammate’s units will not increase your score.

It reduces the multiplier. On my team, although we won, the 2nd place guy was in 1st, but because the prophet’s beam deliberately killed at least 5 units he lost 1st place and the high multiplier, which went to the prophet.

> It won’t increase your score only decrease the multiplier of the one being cleansed. It was done to me once, i simply put 4 Mac rounds into the prophet and declared myself victorious lol

I’ll keep that in mind! As Sgt. Forge, the worst I could do was carpet bomb his base, which had a shield and obviously didn’t do anything. Maybe I’ll start using Cutter :wink:

Wow, so thats what it’s for? I have a total of 1.9m points, if only you could prestige in Halo Wars lol…

But yes, I have seen it, about 6-7 times. I’ve also seen people do Cyro at the end, I always thought it was a “victory” dance type of thing. Then again, I never use my microphone.

man i need to get me some Halo wars action, i wish it was cheaper.

> man i need to get me some Halo wars action, i wish it was cheaper.

It’s totally worth it if you want to get a higher Waypoint Milestone! That’s the sole reason why I started playing. I got my new copy in Sept. 2010 at Best Buy for $30 and it included the DLC. The campaign is fun - let me know if you need someone to co-op with, which is another achievement. The hardest achievement is “Running the Show” which is achieving the rank of General… which takes a while - much longer than it would in Reach.

> > > Has anyone encountered teammate Prophets who, at the end of a match, turn their beam on their own teammates to increase their own score?
> > >
> > > This just happened to me - has anyone else experienced this? If so, it seems as though this individual uses this method to boost.
> > >
> > > How can I record a match to post online for ban hammer?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > *This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not call out specific individuals.
> >
> > Killing your teammate’s units will not increase your score.
>
> It reduces the multiplier. On my team, although we won, the 2nd place guy was in 1st, but because the prophet’s beam deliberately killed at least 5 units he lost 1st place and the high multiplier, which went to the prophet.

Yes, it will reduce your teammate’s multiplier if you kill their units. But in no way will it increase your own base score or multiplier. Whether you get 1st place with 2500 points or 2nd place with 2500 points doesn’t really make a difference. It is not point boosting, but isn’t a nice thing to do to your teammates either.