Halo Wars bugs? Let the community know here!

The poll is to see how many bugs we’ve all experienced.

If you have a problem with anything Halo Wars, report it first here.

This thread is where you can link your discussion about the problem so we can help. The community has been here a while; we know a thing or two about this game and its many issues.

Also, please describe the bugs you’ve found after responding to the poll (there will be some good ones, prepare to laugh).

Raging won’t solve anybody’s problems

Canny glitch, cryo canny glitch, warthog falling off map glitch (pathfinding glitch of some sort), glitch rage, cross map stasis glitch.

If you include every bug/glitch in this game you’ll come out with 20+ however most of them are impossible to replicate, let alone do on command. Yeah you can add god rage to the list, but good luck doing it in an actual game. Sure you can make your tanks fly across the map, but it’s hard to do and provides zero benefit. Yeah you can make your chieftain invincible, one game out of every twenty thousand. You can give your prophet 4 sentinels, play a custom game with one base inside of another base, and get a covey turret to fire like a machine gun, but good luck doing any of those without setting it up in a custom.

The five glitches I listed up there either happen in almost every game or could happen in almost every game if desired (with the exception of the warthog one, happens randomly sometimes mostly on crevice/terminal).

Health-less Vulture chunk flying around the map and still shooting at me.
Protectors randomly stop following when I use the double protector trick.
Crossmap Canister Shell on Glacial Ravine.
Crossmap Scarab.
Wraith crossmaping my base on Labyrinth.
Invincible units.
Holes on the terrain instead of a base/building (UNCS only as far as I can tell) It also disapears from minimap, which on occasion makes me forget there is a target there.

> Health-less Vulture chunk flying around the map and still shooting at me.
> Protectors randomly stop following when I use the double protector trick.
> Crossmap Canister Shell on Glacial Ravine.
> Crossmap Scarab.
> Wraith crossmaping my base on Labyrinth.
> Invincible units.
> Holes on the terrain instead of a base/building (UNCS only as far as I can tell) It also disapears from minimap, which on occasion makes me forget there is a target there.

Crossmap Scarab.

Yeah…that was pretty freakin’ OP. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did I mention it was hilarious?

> Health-less Vulture chunk flying around the map and still shooting at me.

I love it when this happens.

My favorite glitch is when your units become invincible after dying. I once had a single ODST soldier that I just spammed against enemy bases who couldn’t die. Some kid accused me of hacking.

Not sure if this thread is still active, but I have a few glitches I encounter rather frequently.

One of which I posted about, just a few minutes ago, being that AI Captain Cutter always spams ODSTs whenever he gets them, and blatantly ignores Disruption Bombs until I lose.

Another glitch I get pretty often is that an enemy unit will come into view, and then flee, but I’ll still see them. This leads to me seeing everywhere they go, what bases are claimed (if they go to bases), other troop activity, etc. It doesn’t last very long, but it can provide useful intel.

One time I was in rage mode with my Arbiter on a Vulture on Fort Deen. The Vulture was flying over the pit near the middle of the map and when I got out of rage mode, my Arbiter fell and died in the pit.

> One time I was in rage mode with my Arbiter on a Vulture on Fort Deen. The Vulture was flying over the pit near the middle of the map and when I got out of rage mode, my Arbiter fell and died in the pit.

It’s referred to as “cliffing” when your arbiter leaves rage mode and would end up on an area that he can’t walk he dies or occasionally teleports across the map.