Halo Wars and boosting.

The Halo Wars community have had boosting ignored for over two years, 24 months, 1,051,897.53 minutes. Enough is enough. I kindly ask you WayPoint for the 100th time to actually stop boosters. Cocojpopo said it takes a couple minutes to take off a booster. The official essay represented by the community, made by perhaps the most experienced and top 3 players of all-time.

"Alright, there are several mains types of boosting that should be deserving of a ban off the leaderboards.

1. Resign boosting. This is quite self-explanatory, it means when someone gets a friend of his to go an account, match each other, and one of them will resign to the other one in 1v1 for free TrueSkill.

This is also the easiest to tell, when there’s multiple game stats of someone resigning to someone else in a very short amount of time each game, that’s a clear indicator. This is the worst and most pathetic type of boosting, and usually takes place in 1v1. The good thing is, I don’t think anyone on the new leaderboard has done it yet.

2. Derank boosting happens in team games, it’s when one person tells one or two of his friends to make new accounts and “derank”, which means match random people and resign many times in a row. This results in the deranked accounts being extremely low TrueSkill, and after deranking they play with the booster on his main account, whose TrueSkill will go up VERY quickly due to the multiple accounts with negative TrueSkill that he’s playing with…

This is also very easy to tell, a good sign is multiple game stats of the one or two deranked accounts resigning over and over again to random people, and then whoever the deranked account(s) plays with later is the one being boosted to a high TrueSkill, and that’s the account which should be deleted off the leaderboards.

This is the most common form of boosting, with the three major culprits right now being JP Bison for Standard Party Teams, zZID0M3DIZz for 2v2 and 3v3 Party Teams, and o Tweeknout o for 3v3 Party Teams. All of them deserve to be deleted immediately, and it’s quite obvious to tell that all three of them frequently play with new, deranked accounts.

3. Unarranged boosting is the rarest and hardest to tell, and it’s done by playing unarranged 2v2/3v3 standard/deathmatch. Someone gets their friend to matchmake at the same time as them with Prophet of Regret or Brute Chieftain.

If they end up on the same team, they win easily against two uncoordinated people on the other team. If the person boosting his friend is on the other team, he cleansing beam/vortexes down his teammate’s base, giving an easy win for the other team which his friend is on.

"This hasn’t happened yet to the best of my knowledge, but it’s still a pathetic thing to do.

4. Straight up playing with new accounts. When a player high on the leaderboards plays with a new account that has less than 50 games, 0-400 gamerscore, and it’s been made recently, there’s no other purpose for that except to get higher on the leaderboards. It doesn’t allow you to gain TrueSkill as quickly as derank boosting, but it’s still much quicker than playing legitimately."

Get rid of boosters. As Nike said, Just Do It!

One thing I dont understand about boosting is that it seems one would not garner any skill that way. Being new to both XBox and Halo, Im allowing myself to get beat up consistently in slayer multiplayer, simply to improve my controller skills. I play a MMORPG and there are folks that door sit to level up without really playing, the term there is farming and I hate it.

Im here to play.

I Need a Weapon…

Cheers,
Brad

Instead of merely linking us to another thread and locking this one, here is a crazy idea: why don’t you actually do your job, bs angel, and answer the questions that the Halo Wars community are putting forward to you?

It would take you about 3 minutes to type a well structured reply that addresses all of Crusader King’s points, but I doubt you’ll do that, you don’t seem to have an understanding of what a “Moderator” is supposed to do.

> If they end up on the same team, they win easily against two uncoordinated people on the other team. If the person boosting his friend is on the other team, he cleansing beam/vortexes down his teammate’s base, giving an easy win for the other team which his friend is on.
>
> "This hasn’t happened yet to the best of my knowledge, but it’s still a pathetic thing to do.

It’s happened to me once, just the other day one a prophet on my team randomly started cleansing my base i put a mac round into his leader and since it wasn’t yet upgraded it died, after that i tried to make sure i kept my mac round just for my allies leader, the moment it came anywhere near me i’d mac it out of the match. Ironically my team still won :smiley: despite having a complete -Yoink- on my team. Just goes to show really, some people can’t even win by cheating…they’re just that bad.

In any game your gunna have cheats and boosters. People who try to cheat in rts’s fail because they try lagg switches which just slow the match down. And people who boost just have no life as far as i can tell as they have nothing better to do.

I already know boosters who are boosting as we speak. It would be nice if they were dealt with, however, 6 month resets would be fine with me considering the costs, time, and effort would start to add up which means there will be less boosters.

> > If they end up on the same team, they win easily against two uncoordinated people on the other team. If the person boosting his friend is on the other team, he cleansing beam/vortexes down his teammate’s base, giving an easy win for the other team which his friend is on.
> >
> > "This hasn’t happened yet to the best of my knowledge, but it’s still a pathetic thing to do.
>
> It’s happened to me once, just the other day one a prophet on my team randomly started cleansing my base i put a mac round into his leader and since it wasn’t yet upgraded it died, after that i tried to make sure i kept my mac round just for my allies leader, the moment it came anywhere near me i’d mac it out of the match. Ironically my team still won :smiley: despite having a complete Yoink! on my team. Just goes to show really, some people can’t even win by cheating…they’re just that bad.

The problem arises when decent players boost, because they are good and cheat. Just ask Klunk.

Boosters are starting to drive the boards down again…=(

The email address where Halo Wars boosters are reported, preview [at] halowaypoint [dot] com, has not received any emails in over a week. I just sent a test message to ensure it was working, and it was received just fine. Please let me know if you’re experiencing issues sending emails to that account so I can look into it further, if needed.

> The email address where Halo Wars boosters are reported, preview [at] halowaypoint [dot] com, has not received any emails in over a week. I just sent a test message to ensure it was working, and it was received just fine. Please let me know if you’re experiencing issues sending emails to that account so I can look into it further, if needed.

That would probably be because at least 2 dozen detailed emails have been completely ignored before the last 30 days. Look, if you’re lazy or incompetent or such, please just tell us instead of pointing in circles and closing threads about this issue every few hours.

You also imply that emails were received prior to the last week, and yet there has never been anything done. How sad.

> The email address where Halo Wars boosters are reported, preview [at] halowaypoint [dot] com, has not received any emails in over a week. I just sent a test message to ensure it was working, and it was received just fine. Please let me know if you’re experiencing issues sending emails to that account so I can look into it further, if needed.

Alright thank you. I will ask everyone back at Lazyfrog.us

im against boosting but this crusader king chap is shamelessly bumping this thread repeatedly

anyone notice?

In the future, please edit your previous post instead of replying back to back. Repeated bumping will result in either post deletion or a thread lock.

> im against boosting but this crusader king chap is shamelessly bumping this thread repeatedly
>
> anyone notice?

rules on forums>stopping boosting? Where you could be helping you infatuate yourself with pointless rules.

> > im against boosting but this crusader king chap is shamelessly bumping this thread repeatedly
> >
> > anyone notice?
>
> rules on forums>stopping boosting? Where you could be helping you infatuate yourself with pointless rules.

Meh, they can only boost for so long.

I was wondering bs Angel if you can ask WayPoint if they have gotten the E-mails sent by numerous players over the past couple days, a couple E-mails extremely well-written and took a very long time to make catching over 20 boosters. Could you ask them if there is any more proof or evidence needed to block these game-destroying players.

This isn’t a pointless post to bump either, I will use this post to further edit if I have anymore questions or concerns.

Thank you. Much appreciated–honestly.

Thanks, nice to see Waypoint deciding what should be done now.

No major actions have been taken against boosters likely because Halo Wars isn’t that popular a game and they don’t really ruin the gameplay experience of legit players. If a player wanting to actually play bumps into a booster the booster will either quit or get beatin’. This isn’t like the shooters. You’re not going to rank up for sitting in a match and doing nothing while your allies get the crap beaten’ out of them.

> I was wondering bs Angel if you can ask WayPoint if they have gotten the E-mails sent by numerous players over the past couple days, a couple E-mails extremely well-written and took a very long time to make catching over 20 boosters. Could you ask them if there is any more proof or evidence needed to block these game-destroying players.
>
> This isn’t a pointless post to bump either, I will use this post to further edit if I have anymore questions or concerns.
>
> Thank you. Much appreciated–honestly.

There are currently four emails that potentially contain enough information for action. Next up is investigating the claims. While a few people have the impression it’s an extremely quick process, it’s not. Each provided game link is looked at before coming to a determination of action. Our goal is to have each email closed out within a week of receiving it but time is not always plentiful, so patience is appreciated.

> > I was wondering bs Angel if you can ask WayPoint if they have gotten the E-mails sent by numerous players over the past couple days, a couple E-mails extremely well-written and took a very long time to make catching over 20 boosters. Could you ask them if there is any more proof or evidence needed to block these game-destroying players.
> >
> > This isn’t a pointless post to bump either, I will use this post to further edit if I have anymore questions or concerns.
> >
> > Thank you. Much appreciated–honestly.
>
> There are currently four emails that potentially contain enough information for action. Next up is investigating the claims. While a few people have the impression it’s an extremely quick process, it’s not. Each provided game link is looked at before coming to a determination of action. Our goal is to have each email closed out within a week of receiving it but time is not always plentiful, so patience is appreciated.

So, two weeks and nothing? I’m pretty sure two weeks is more than enough time to ban 4 or 5 lousy boosters. I’m positive plenty of people have sent e-mails but it seems like you guys are just lazy. Here’s a tip, If you aren’t going to do anything about, then don’t say you will!

> > > I was wondering bs Angel if you can ask WayPoint if they have gotten the E-mails sent by numerous players over the past couple days, a couple E-mails extremely well-written and took a very long time to make catching over 20 boosters. Could you ask them if there is any more proof or evidence needed to block these game-destroying players.
> > >
> > > This isn’t a pointless post to bump either, I will use this post to further edit if I have anymore questions or concerns.
> > >
> > > Thank you. Much appreciated–honestly.
> >
> > There are currently four emails that potentially contain enough information for action. Next up is investigating the claims. While a few people have the impression it’s an extremely quick process, it’s not. Each provided game link is looked at before coming to a determination of action. Our goal is to have each email closed out within a week of receiving it but time is not always plentiful, so patience is appreciated.
>
> So, two weeks and nothing? I’m pretty sure two weeks is more than enough time to ban 4 or 5 lousy boosters. I’m positive plenty of people have sent e-mails but it seems like you guys are just lazy. Here’s a tip, If you aren’t going to do anything about, then don’t say you will!

Waypoint doesn’t give a -Yoink- about this game. How long did it take them to re-instate a patch that worked just fine previously? Several months?

No offense to bs angel, but it seems like she is just a messenger when it comes to giving definitive answers to legitimate questions. If there isn’t going to be a patch within 2 months of balance issues going out of whack, don’t tell us the fix should only take a few weeks.

> im against boosting but this crusader king chap is shamelessly bumping this thread repeatedly
>
> anyone notice?

Better make sure to jump all over someone for bumping a Halo Wars thread, intentional or not, when there always seems to be SEVERAL, ‘fix Reach’ threads on the front page. What’s the problem with trying to keep ONE well-thought-out topic about concern for one of the best Halo games up where the important people can see it right away? After all, bumping this thread only helps to keep the number of carbon-copy threads about “get rid of bloom/fix Reach/Armor lock hurts my feelings” out of the way.

It’s almost as if legitimate topics aren’t allowed here. When a legit topic is started, we basically NEVER get a legitimate answer to any questions we may have.