Halo Wars Achievement Glitch?

Hey everyone,

I decided to pop in Halo Wars for the first time in a while, still remembering that I was ranked Captain. Shortly after I started playing online and finishing a match, I got the “Running the Show” achievement unlocked, despite being a Captain. The requirements are to obtain a General rank on Xbox Live.

Now, quite frankly, I don’t like this. I’ve been moving towards my goal of getting 100% completion in all Halo games in a legit manner. The only achievement that I needed to obtain 100% in Halo Wars was that achievement. My question to everyone: Is there a way to “re-lock” the achievement?

I’ve never had any Halo achievements glitch on me before, so I’m curious if this has happened to anyone else. Any help is appreciated.

> Hey everyone,
>
> I decided to pop in Halo Wars for the first time in a while, still remembering that I was ranked Captain. Shortly after I started playing online and finishing a match, I got the “Running the Show” achievement unlocked, despite being a Captain. The requirements are to obtain a General rank on Xbox Live.
>
> Now, quite frankly, I don’t like this. I’ve been moving towards my goal of getting 100% completion in all Halo games in a legit manner. The only achievement that I needed to obtain 100% in Halo Wars was that achievement. My question to everyone: Is there a way to “re-lock” the achievement?
>
> I’ve never had any Halo achievements glitch on me before, so I’m curious if this has happened to anyone else. Any help is appreciated.

Huh…that’s very interesting. I understand that it must be frustrating to have this happen to you. While there isn’t a way to “relock” the achievement, you can still get it “legitimately” by reaching General rank. If it matters to you that much, then you will have the drive to fight your way there.

On the other hand, you weren’t boosting or doing anything shady when it unlocked, so you were “legitimate”. I think I’ll test this achievement out tonight. I’ve never played Halo Wars online, so that’ll be a new experience. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Just realized this is actually a different issue from the linked post, but it seems similar.

> I’m curious if this has happened to anyone else. Any help is appreciated.

This was reported here and the forum team replied but I guess nothing has been done yet. I would also feel a little guilty if this happened to me and would probably try to get to General anyway (it took about 3 months for me from recruit to General) since I found the game really fun anyway.

So you want to re-lock that achievement because guilt? That’s … interesting.

Dear OP, of course I can see your problem, but still let me assure you: You got the achievement legit, glitches unlocking achievements must result in those achievements counted as legitimate obtained, even more so if you have done nothing to intentionally trigger the glitch to happen.

I for one have played a lot of Halo Wars game to obtain that achievement, however I would never claim that people like you have not obtained the achievement “legit”.

Glitches are part of the achievement hunting adventure!

Hi A 2x4TOtheFACE,

This sounds like an issue with Xbox and thus is out of our scope. We recommend you contact Xbox Support in one of the following ways:

[/li]- Xbox Support on Twitter