Halo Wars 3v3 Strats

Post your 3s strategies here. I want to see the best you guys can come up with.

my strat is if you have 2 or more covie leaders at your base within the first min of the game, instant resign while your teamates take out rebel bases then they insta resign when they get to their bases.

Other than that it’s good to have 1 covie leader and 2 UNSC, Cutter’s MAC’s are instant scarab killers which is also to keep in mind. Other than that, it’s good that you scout them and act accordingly, if you can’t effectively scout them then make a variety of units to counter what you think they have.

Also, having 2 guys take them on while the 3rd goes for bases are good. And if you’re in a tight spot, have the Covie player make suicide banshees, target reactors, unit training buildings, that will effectively stop their unit building capacity for atleast 3 mins allowing you to catch up. And if you’re lucky, you can kill a base.

Also if you have 2 UNSC teamates, have them each pelican in 3-4 spartan cobras to a base, once they are locked down, target reactors and then secondary targets. They are true building killers once locked down. But it’s more effective to have the Cobra’s ate one base and the banshees at another to divide their forces. That whole thing should buy you a good 5 mins of peace to gain resources and build units.

> Also if you have 2 UNSC teamates, have them each pelican in 3-4 spartan cobras to a base, once they are locked down, target reactors and then secondary targets. They are true building killers once locked down. But it’s more effective to have the Cobra’s ate one base and the banshees at another to divide their forces. That whole thing should buy you a good 5 mins of peace to gain resources and build units.

Cobras are some of the worst units to make. I know they can break a turtle and everything, but they are just sitting ducks once you lock them down. That’s just asking to lose units.

My friends and I always just push the game into late-game so we can farm points. Cheap, but that’s how we do. How we go about that depends on our opponents since we constantly scout them and counter any early attack they might perform. If they have multiple Covie leaders we just make flamethrowers regardless. Possibly some turrets.

forge for mid game tanks
arby to slay hogs
prophet for ehg on opp teams arby

Currently our 3s start is triple cutter. Having one teammate get full hornets asap, then researching ODST and getting cobras and wolverines after the Hornets have been killed off. Another cutter focuses on getting wolverines and cobras up immediately and getting ODST researched along the way. The final cutter focuses on a few spartan-tanks and also gets ODST up.

-The key to this start is to build a massive turtle with cobras and wolverines defending each funnel point leading to a teammates base.

-The Hornets work as an early mobile defense allowing the team to get up to ODST which then substitutes as a quick and effective mobile defense. If the Hornets are not needed on D they can be sent to an enemy base, hopefully destroying some vital buildings and forcing that team to bite on anti-air.

-Once all members of the team are up to ODST (leaving 10 pop. room at all times to drop in ODST units) and have 4xMac blast ready the attack begins. 4x mac should be used as an instant army killer or if all team members drop it on a base that base is done for. So, if a sizeable enemy attacks the mac can wipe that force out or at least make it more manageable to defend against. If no enemy attack occurs, all team members can drop the mac on one base effectively destroying it, while also droping all their ODSTs at another base (thats 30 units RPGing at once, that base will fall soon enough).

-Overall this strat is a wait and see, and adapt, but because of the MAC blasts and ODST it is relatively easy to break a stalemate.

So basically any kind of rush/early harassment will destroy your strat lol.

Lol not in the least bit. If the enemy is rushing (we scout because this isn’t amateur hour) we will send our elephants and possibly hogs if we feel the need, to hit the weakest covie base (if it is a pure human rush I’m not worried) while also getting a pre-cautionary turret up. The elephants/hogs will shift the attention of the leader to defense giving enough time to get tanks up and ODST researched, or at least prevent the rush.

> > Also if you have 2 UNSC teamates, have them each pelican in 3-4 spartan cobras to a base, once they are locked down, target reactors and then secondary targets. They are true building killers once locked down. But it’s more effective to have the Cobra’s ate one base and the banshees at another to divide their forces. That whole thing should buy you a good 5 mins of peace to gain resources and build units.
>
> Cobras are some of the worst units to make. I know they can break a turtle and everything, but they are just sitting ducks once you lock them down. That’s just asking to lose units.

Cobra’s aren’t the worst but they’re kinda annoying. In any case, the subject you quoted me from is a strategy, the spartan cobra’s will deal a great amount of damage to their bases, they may even call unit’s from the front to help deal with them, possibly tanks out of desperation. But the important point is, target reactors, then supply pads. Combined attacks from 6-8 cobras will take them out almost instantly prompting a swift regrouping. You will lose them, but it’s a calculated loss, pelican your spartans out and after that point one of them is crippled slightly.

www.youtube.com/bas1sta

doesnt matter what leader combo: harass, stop expansions, steam roll

3 Brute Chieftains and 150 Engineers.

3v3 team, we often simply go random all. Nut when we do go for strats we go

2 human

Anders
-Early game, clear bases with spartans. If Prophet(/ possibly Chieftain) present on enemy team Hog rush to kill the leader only ( Don’t expect to be able to destroy the base)
-Mid/late game, if against only human build 6 scorpions (2 with spartans) + 11 hawx (1 with a spartan) Have them prioritise wolverines if present
If against covy or mixed human/covy teams. Or if an anders is spamming hawx at you, build 6 scorpions (1 with spartan), 6 hawx (1 with spartan) + 5 wolverines ( against, 1 with spartan)

• Also mid/late (this goes without saying) use counter units where necessary.

Cutter (the most adaptable of human factions)

• Early game, clear bases with spartans/marines.
  • Mid late game, build Air/tanks as necessary.
  • Can also use 3 elephants (with spartans) to spam ODST at the frontlines try to do this in an area of the map where it would be difficult for the enemy to get behind your elephants the whole idea of this is mostly the ODSTs spawn walk to an enemy unit, fire rockets and then die, if done well you can hold off even push back the enemy.

1 Covy
Any covy, (usually Arbiter or chieftain)

• Early game Clear bases with your leader, if possible the bases in the enemy starting area. join with Anders rush to help delay any covy players on the enemy team
  • Mid/late game 1) Mixed army of 12-18 hunters, 4 vampires, 6 engineers and as many jackels as you have pop left
  1. Engineers/Banshees mainly to support Cutters elephants

Other tactics,
Cutter/Arby rush (only against a covy player)
-Arby builds warehouse, temple,warehouse,warehouse,warehouse, when the temple is built send your leader to the target base (covy only) and start building suicide grunts (you’ll need 4-6 for this to work) as soon as you have 4 at your base send them though the telepad and run them into the front of the target base (using Y ability), get your team mate cutter to put a mac round into the middle of the base and it should die, keep your leader around to stop them from reclaiming the base and then should be 1 enemy down 2 to go. Anders hog rush -Begin by queueing 3 supply pads and a warthog, use your initial hog and any you build to gather crates from the map as your res come in, queue more hogs, another supply pad and your reactor continue build hogs you’ll need at least 5 and queue the Gunner upgrade on your hogs as soon as your tech comes up run your hogs over to an the prophets base start attacking his leader if its there, if not he’s gone to kill rebels nearby go find him, once located start attacking him 'till he’s shields are down. Once down, ram him with all 5 hogs, he should die. If h teleports at any point just run to his base and he should be there for you to resume the attack.

> Currently our 3s start is triple cutter. Having one teammate get full hornets asap, then researching ODST and getting cobras and wolverines after the Hornets have been killed off. Another cutter focuses on getting wolverines and cobras up immediately and getting ODST researched along the way. The final cutter focuses on a few spartan-tanks and also gets ODST up.
>
> -The key to this start is to build a massive turtle with cobras and wolverines defending each funnel point leading to a teammates base.
>
> -The Hornets work as an early mobile defense allowing the team to get up to ODST which then substitutes as a quick and effective mobile defense. If the Hornets are not needed on D they can be sent to an enemy base, hopefully destroying some vital buildings and forcing that team to bite on anti-air.
>
> -Once all members of the team are up to ODST (leaving 10 pop. room at all times to drop in ODST units) and have 4xMac blast ready the attack begins. 4x mac should be used as an instant army killer or if all team members drop it on a base that base is done for. So, if a sizeable enemy attacks the mac can wipe that force out or at least make it more manageable to defend against. If no enemy attack occurs, all team members can drop the mac on one base effectively destroying it, while also droping all their ODSTs at another base (thats 30 units RPGing at once, that base will fall soon enough).
>
> -Overall this strat is a wait and see, and adapt, but because of the MAC blasts and ODST it is relatively easy to break a stalemate.

I held off 3 cutters who were spamming hornets and ODST using Vampires and Jackles, my team was a man down and my remaining ally had no army (this was in 3v3 random though) i mean ok, i didn’t have the firepower to attack any bases and gain any ground…but I was losing any ground either. I had 2-3 shields on each of my bases which helped them survive each wave, and i was able to spam units just as fast as my enemies. finally an hour and a half into the match my ally informed me his army as ready and with the back up of 13 grizzlies I was able to break the stalemate, for once, i was glad i was the prophet since i was able to move my entire army to pretty much any point on the map in an instant using the telepads

> forge for mid game tanks
> arby to slay hogs
> prophet for ehg on opp teams arby

Funniest thing i have ever seen has to be 31 fully upgraded elite honour guards verses my fully upgraded 3 star Arbiter, without using rage my arbiter killed the lot of them, and only lost like 20% of his health. It was just Swing, Swing, Swing EHG is now in red health…Arbiter grabs the EHG by the throat spins him around and throws him into one of the other honour guards. I had other units present at the battle but i had them focusing on the enemy tanks and things on the other side of the battle

> > Currently our 3s start is triple cutter. Having one teammate get full hornets asap, then researching ODST and getting cobras and wolverines after the Hornets have been killed off. Another cutter focuses on getting wolverines and cobras up immediately and getting ODST researched along the way. The final cutter focuses on a few spartan-tanks and also gets ODST up.
> >
> > -The key to this start is to build a massive turtle with cobras and wolverines defending each funnel point leading to a teammates base.
> >
> > -The Hornets work as an early mobile defense allowing the team to get up to ODST which then substitutes as a quick and effective mobile defense. If the Hornets are not needed on D they can be sent to an enemy base, hopefully destroying some vital buildings and forcing that team to bite on anti-air.
> >
> > -Once all members of the team are up to ODST (leaving 10 pop. room at all times to drop in ODST units) and have 4xMac blast ready the attack begins. 4x mac should be used as an instant army killer or if all team members drop it on a base that base is done for. So, if a sizeable enemy attacks the mac can wipe that force out or at least make it more manageable to defend against. If no enemy attack occurs, all team members can drop the mac on one base effectively destroying it, while also droping all their ODSTs at another base (thats 30 units RPGing at once, that base will fall soon enough).
> >
> > -Overall this strat is a wait and see, and adapt, but because of the MAC blasts and ODST it is relatively easy to break a stalemate.
>
> I held off 3 cutters who were spamming hornets and ODST using Vampires and Jackles, my team was a man down and my remaining ally had no army (this was in 3v3 random though) i mean ok, i didn’t have the firepower to attack any bases and gain any ground…but I was losing any ground either. I had 2-3 shields on each of my bases which helped them survive each wave, and i was able to spam units just as fast as my enemies. finally an hour and a half into the match my ally informed me his army as ready and with the back up of 13 grizzlies I was able to break the stalemate, for once, i was glad i was the prophet since i was able to move my entire army to pretty much any point on the map in an instant using the telepads
>
>
>
> > forge for mid game tanks
> > arby to slay hogs
> > prophet for ehg on opp teams arby
>
>
> Funniest thing i have ever seen has to be 31 fully upgraded elite honour guards verses my fully upgraded 3 star Arbiter, without using rage my arbiter killed the lot of them, and only lost like 20% of his health. It was just Swing, Swing, Swing EHG is now in red health…Arbiter grabs the EHG by the throat spins him around and throws him into one of the other honour guards. I had other units present at the battle but i had them focusing on the enemy tanks and things on the other side of the battle

I agree with you, the people you faced were poor and didn’t adapt. First off i typically stop air after the first wave of Hornets I produce, meanwhile the rest of my team is building other units to counter the enemy (or an anticipated counter if our scouts don’t see much).

> I agree with you, the people you faced were poor and didn’t adapt. First off i typically stop air after the first wave of Hornets I produce, meanwhile the rest of my team is building other units to counter the enemy (or an anticipated counter if our scouts don’t see much).

To be honest that’s the most important aspect of any strat, adaptability. if your strat can’t change to meet the changing circumstances on the battlefield then it’s worthless. Then number of players i’ve seen who will play as anders and only ever build Air, or play as forge and only ever build tanks, even if the circumstance have changed and the enemy has counter units up. Never set your plan in stone. If the enemy counters your tanks ok you might still need tanks, but back them up with some air so you can better take out the enemies anti tank ect. simple as that really, If the enemy is only using one type of unit you can easily counter it.

> To be honest that’s the most important aspect of any strat, adaptability. if your strat can’t change to meet the changing circumstances on the battlefield then it’s worthless. Then number of players i’ve seen who will play as anders and only ever build Air, or play as forge and only ever build tanks, even if the circumstance have changed and the enemy has counter units up. Never set your plan in stone. If the enemy counters your tanks ok you might still need tanks, but back them up with some air so you can better take out the enemies anti tank ect. simple as that really, If the enemy is only using one type of unit you can easily counter it.

Agreed its all about adaptability, I tend to think of it like this:

1. Nub= Nothing, no idea what is happening

2. Low-Level= Build orders and knows how to build units.

3. Mid-Level= Understands expansion and how to upgrade (typically upgrades to their leaders special units and only uses those units)

4. High-Level= Adapts to the opponent, able to rush/defend rush.

> > To be honest that’s the most important aspect of any strat, adaptability. if your strat can’t change to meet the changing circumstances on the battlefield then it’s worthless. Then number of players i’ve seen who will play as anders and only ever build Air, or play as forge and only ever build tanks, even if the circumstance have changed and the enemy has counter units up. Never set your plan in stone. If the enemy counters your tanks ok you might still need tanks, but back them up with some air so you can better take out the enemies anti tank ect. simple as that really, If the enemy is only using one type of unit you can easily counter it.
>
> Agreed its all about adaptability, I tend to think of it like this:
>
> 1. Nub= Nothing, no idea what is happening
>
> 2. Low-Level= Build orders and knows how to build units.
>
> 3. Mid-Level= Understands expansion and how to upgrade (typically upgrades to their leaders special units and only uses those units)
>
> 4. High-Level= Adapts to the opponent, able to rush/defend rush.

this is a low level view of the game. anything below your description of ‘high level’, a real high level player would view as absolute trash.

your high level = adapts to opponent = low level

> http://www.youtube.com/bas1sta

Followed you on Youtube! I really like your videos! I never knew how to queue my scout to go to different spots! Thanks a ton (:

(plus all of the other amazing tips lol)