Halo Wars 3? or HW2 DLC

Any plans to make a Halo Wars 3 or DLC for HW2 in the future?

6 Likes

I think all the attention right now is on fixing up Halo Infinite. This is my assumption, but with the way Halo Infinite is still struggling with content, 343 probably won’t be thinking about Halo Wars’ until Halo Infinite is in a stable state. It’s nice to dream of one though.

6 Likes

As of now there’s no plans for a halo wars 3.

Im holding out hope that they’ll do a halo wars 2 dlc that somewhat crosses with halo infinite.

7 Likes

If you have HALO WARS3, I hope the fight with Atriox will continue.
But the third power may be good.
I imagine that having a forerunner would make the world richer.

Well, I think 343 haven’t made HW3.

Besides, HALOWARS2 is incomplete and has bugs left.
I think it might be easier to cure it and release the STEAM version …

3 Likes

Halo Wars 3 was proposed by Creative Assembly, who enjoyed the project of Halo Wars 2… only they got it shot down because 343 was focusing all their writing on Halo Infinite.

9 Likes

Cross my fingers they release a new game, hopefully the previous one was pretty good and mostly made by third party teams so it should not require too much attention for them to make the game

6 Likes

Loved HW and HW2. I played HW to death and never thought HW2 would come out. I gave up after 5 or 6 years after HW came out, but then lo behold HW2 came. I am sure it will be the same again… I’ll pine and hope for a 3rd game, give up and then 343/microsoft will say “hey you know hw??? here’s the third game”

7 Likes

hw2 won’t get anymore dlc, best we can for is pc port for steam and x|s update.

3 Likes

And they’ve already said the Steam port won’t happen as the Publishing team is already too busy

1 Like

Imagine a halo wars that combined first person with the control armies gimmick

2 Likes

Like the old ghost reckon games?

Never played those games

They are pretty great, ghost recon advanced warfighter 1 and 2 were early 2000~ war games. You would play as a chief squad and give order to a squad of marines , vehicles and even control remotely a drone to get intel on enemy position (you had to be careful as the enemy could destroy it). Pretty great game honestly, i would recommend to give it a try or take a look on YouTube if you have the chance

I’d say Ghost Recon isn’t a great comparison here as it was more of a tactical shooter than strategy.

It needs a halo wars 3. This game deserves a trilogy

2 Likes

Halo Infinite picks up after Halo Wars 2 clearly it is the trilogy to the H Wars Saga. This title combines the story with what was left over from Halo 5 it concludes both games. Red Blue Majestic an Crimson have yet to make an appearance.

The Spirit of Fire, last we know from Shadows of Reach, is still on the Ark.

I think Infinite is only a sequel in terms of its placement in the time line and dealing with a few of HW2’s antagonists. We still need a true spiritual sequel for the gameplay and protagonists of HW and HW2

1 Like

It is the sequel as soon as they put out some more strategy based playlists. The FPS titles were more popular. I assume you want another RTS title. Let’s be honest Halo is first a strategic First person shooter probably because it was at first a RTS that developed into a FPS look up Halo 1 development an be shocked. But yea we could use some more Halo wars 2 characters an vehicles placed in Halo Infinite in DLC possibly.

I’m not sure if anyone remembers the old game Star Wars: Empire at War, but it was an RTS in which seamlessly transitioned from space combat to ground combat, in any case they should include fleet battles in HW3.

1 Like

A sequel, sure. Not THE sequel.