Halo Wars 2

Considering the game went platinum and had almost universally great reviews, wouldn’t it make sense to work on another one? Remember Microsoft, if you give up on the console RTS market, Sony might corner the market. Almost all the reviews said that it was a step in the right direction. You have the rights and the engine, why not make another one? I’d buy it. I’d buy it and the DLC to go with it. In contrast I’m not buying the DLC for Reach. Considering you’ve lost Bungie it makes sense to continue the franchise through HW2.

Think about it Microsoft; that juicy little market just waiting for you pounce on it.

Here I would comment and create more backbone to the argument, but there is nothing more to be said…
RC is right.

lol@cocopop’s post in locked thread:
interesting post
but underlining statement is
nothing will be done

> lol@cocopop’s post in locked thread:
> interesting post
> but underlining statement is
> nothing will be done

If we persevere something may be done…

lol, just like our leaderboard reset, took 1 year of asking and it finally was done in 5 seconds.
Halo wars 2, take 1 eyar of asking and spamming emails and will be done in 5 years

But the thing is that Halo is Microsoft’s biggest franchise and they just lost it’s developer. Halo Reach will last for a while, but I’m not as sure that a halo FPS will be very successful in another five years. All of the other shooter trends seem to be getting away from the run-and-gun style games.

My point is that Microsoft Definitely doesn’t want to abandon its flagship, and a way to keep it alive in the intermediate time would be another Halo Wars game.

There is obviously a market for a console RTS, it just hasn’t been tapped to its full potential. It has to be something just like Halo Wars. Something with stripped down and streamlined gameplay that allows for instantaneous action. Halo Wars is a little bit buggy, but that is to be expected when one develops an engine on a new machine for the first time. They can take what they have learned and build upon it.

I remember the development process for the original Halo Wars was plagued by all sorts of setbacks, and the bugs would have been fixed if they had more time. All that money spent on the development process resulted in a product with a winning formula. The development process for the sequel would probably be half as trying considering they know what works and have a formula to build off of. Why spend all of that time and money on developing a game, come up with a winning formula for a genre that has not yet been tapped successfully, and then NOT BUILD ON IT?

Base scheme suggestion, where it’ll actually get heard now.
A new base scheme where you have preset base locations like now (much bigger), but you can upgrade+build a wall around the perimeter, and there are pre-set buildings areas along the inner edge. (like E3 07)Some buildings (like the vehicle depot) will take up 2+ areas, while a barracks might only take up 1. The default rally point would be in the middle, and the rest would be like E3 07
This solves the issue with buildings not being big enough for a tank to come out of, and also lets stuff like the barracks stay small.

I want halo wars 2! Yboo Erick votes halo wars 2! With the new vehicles, weapons and returning ones.

i agree with this. alot of others would too but most of them are too rattled by what is going on at the halowars forum to agree.

> i agree with this. alot of others would too but most of them are too rattled by what is going on at the halowars forum to agree.

They should stop complaining pointlessly over there and come and have their voices heard here. Honestly aside from the stat tracking this could be a much better place for the forum. If we had enough people ask at the outset I bet we could get a Halo Wars subsection. After all it’s only logical considering the game is an entirely different genre than the rest of the Halo series and has a different community.

Halo Wars 2 would be amazing thats all I can say. I don’t know if it would worth it from a business standpoint, but from a fan of the Halo series Halo Wars 2 would be amazing.

> > i agree with this. alot of others would too but most of them are too rattled by what is going on at the halowars forum to agree.
>
> They should stop complaining pointlessly over there and come and have their voices heard here. Honestly aside from the stat tracking this could be a much better place for the forum. If we had enough people ask at the outset I bet we could get a Halo Wars subsection. After all it’s only logical considering the game is an entirely different genre than the rest of the Halo series and has a different community.

yeah i agree with the forum thing, its the gamestats being taken down that is really -Yoink!- everyone off.

the whole community feels like they got curb stomped, things were starting to look good but now that there arent any gamestats…

Having subsections for different games would be great, just like Halo Wars, people still play Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3, having subforums would make things great, however, it would also promote segregation of the community. We’re still in beta, so we’ll see what happens, right now input from the community is very important so this can be the best community it can be.

> Having subsections for different games would be great, just like Halo Wars, people still play Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3, having subforums would make things great, however, it would also promote segregation of the community. We’re still in beta, so we’ll see what happens, right now input from the community is very important so this can be the best community it can be.

segregation has already happened, i have yet see a person other than a halowars.com member post in one of the 3 threads made by members of halowars.com (besides mods).

if there isnt a subsection for halowars most halowars.com members wont even bother, and the ones that do will either try to troll. the ones who dont troll will most likely end up walking away from waypoint and once you lose them i doubt they will bother coming back

> > Having subsections for different games would be great, just like Halo Wars, people still play Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3, having subforums would make things great, however, it would also promote segregation of the community. We’re still in beta, so we’ll see what happens, right now input from the community is very important so this can be the best community it can be.
>
> segregation has already happened, i have yet see a person other than a halowars.com member post in one of the 3 threads made by members of halowars.com (besides mods).
>
> if there isnt a subsection for halowars most halowars.com members wont even bother, and the ones that do will either try to troll. the ones who dont troll will most likely end up walking away from waypoint and once you lose them i doubt they will bother coming back

It’s true, segregation may be a problem in education, but it is a force of organization in forums. Most Halo players who haven’t played HW don’t care and won’t bother to post on our threads. It doesn’t make sense to have them intermingled. I personally couldn’t care less about posting about Reach. There’s really nothing for me to say about it. I play it but I won’t learn strats from reading posts about it like I do with HW.

^ I’m sure they will see what we mean and create a Halo Wars subforum in the future. We are too much of a close-knit community to suddenly be moved to a site where all halo games are discussed.

Halo Wars 1 was pretty fun. I don’t think a Halo Wars 2 would be very good unless the developers really kick it up a notch from the first iteration. RTS games aren’t my thing very much, but Halo Wars seemed very “kindergarten” to other RTS games I’ve played.

I will be buying the DLC for Reach. I’ve purchased pretty much every playable DLC available for Halo so I am going to keep the trend going.

> > > Having subsections for different games would be great, just like Halo Wars, people still play Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3, having subforums would make things great, however, it would also promote segregation of the community. We’re still in beta, so we’ll see what happens, right now input from the community is very important so this can be the best community it can be.
> >
> > segregation has already happened, i have yet see a person other than a halowars.com member post in one of the 3 threads made by members of halowars.com (besides mods).
> >
> > if there isnt a subsection for halowars most halowars.com members wont even bother, and the ones that do will either try to troll. the ones who dont troll will most likely end up walking away from waypoint and once you lose them i doubt they will bother coming back
>
> It’s true, segregation may be a problem in education, but it is a force of organization in forums. Most Halo players who haven’t played HW don’t care and won’t bother to post on our threads. It doesn’t make sense to have them intermingled. I personally couldn’t care less about posting about Reach. There’s really nothing for me to say about it. I play it but I won’t learn strats from reading posts about it like I do with HW.

exactly.

besides this will just make it harder for halowars players to sift through information.

I think everyone would be happy if a sub-forum was made, and if the gamestat tracker was kept.

> Halo Wars 1 was pretty fun. I don’t think a Halo Wars 2 would be very good unless the developers really kick it up a notch from the first iteration. RTS games aren’t my thing very much, but Halo Wars seemed very “kindergarten” to other RTS games I’ve played.
>
> I will be buying the DLC for Reach. I’ve purchased pretty much every playable DLC available for Halo so I am going to keep the trend going.

Ahh… but how much of it did you play my friend? Believe me it gets rather intense at the upper levels. Remember that PC first person shooters like Doom had tons of hotkeys and successful console FPS games were considered to be impossible. Now look at the market. Chess is a simpler game than Risk. Does chess require less strategy?