Halo Wars 2 Windows 10 text rendering bug

I just installed Halo Wars 2 for the first time in a while (Windows 10 64bit) and I am experiencing a very strange bug that nothing seems to be able to fix. Basically all of the text in the game is rendered is white blocks instead of letters - this makes all the menus impossible to navigate.

Here is a screenshot of how my main menu looks: Dropbox - File Deleted

The above problem affects all rendered text on every screen. I have already re-installed the game, tried updating graphics drivers etc… no luck, really hope somebody has some idea.

> 2533274804821771;1:
> I just installed Halo Wars 2 for the first time in a while (Windows 10 64bit) and I am experiencing a very strange bug that nothing seems to be able to fix. Basically all of the text in the game is rendered is white blocks instead of letters - this makes all the menus impossible to navigate.
>
> Here is a screenshot of how my main menu looks: Dropbox - File Deleted
>
> The above problem affects all rendered text on every screen. I have already re-installed the game, tried updating graphics drivers etc… no luck, really hope somebody has some idea.

Hey there,

This is usually caused by a missing language pack on your OS. Can you make sure you have any language packs you need installed and set as default?

I have both English US and English UK installed - is there another I need?

> 2533274804821771;3:
> I have both English US and English UK installed - is there another I need?

If you go to Settings > Language > Region & Language, what Languages do you have set to default? You may need to update the English language packs and ensure that they are set to default. You shouldn’t need any other packs.

The default is set to English (UK). I also had English (US) in the list, but on clicking the options button for it it gave me the option to download the EN US language pack, which I did. However this did not fix the font bug in HW2; I tried setting EN US as the default system language + a restart and that also did not work.

The only oddity I can think of about my language options is I use a US EN keyboard layout but with UK EN language set as default, but that can hardly be that uncommon - and it also doesn’t work when setting them to match as I mentioned above.

It would be really helpful to get an answer to this, I am still stuck with the game in an unplayable state.

any solution?

Any news on this? Just reinstalled and cant play the game, whats going on???

Same exact thing. I just built a new gaming rig and this was a disappointment to face such an issue…

> 2533274807321681;2:
> > 2533274804821771;1:
> > I just installed Halo Wars 2 for the first time in a while (Windows 10 64bit) and I am experiencing a very strange bug that nothing seems to be able to fix. Basically all of the text in the game is rendered is white blocks instead of letters - this makes all the menus impossible to navigate.
> >
> > Here is a screenshot of how my main menu looks: Dropbox - File Deleted
> >
> > The above problem affects all rendered text on every screen. I have already re-installed the game, tried updating graphics drivers etc… no luck, really hope somebody has some idea.
>
> Hey there,
>
> This is usually caused by a missing language pack on your OS. Can you make sure you have any language packs you need installed and set as default?

I personally have changed everything to US English to be sure. Even tried the Beta Unicode UTF-8 format. Nothing works. All settings are properly set in the same language.

I have the same problem… on Xbox one X!
How is this even possible? It’s a one-month-old console, with just a few games installed, it’s BY Microsoft, and the game is BY Microsoft as well. I waited the whole night to download over 30 gbs of updates and the game is unplayable.
As a programmer I find it hard to believe that a serious software company would make something like this.
SHOW AN ERROR MESSAGE WITH SUGGESTED FIX WHEN YOU CAN’T LOAD LANGUAGE PACKS (or whatever else is problematic) RATHER THAN DISPLAYING USELESS BLOCKS INSTEAD OF TEXT.

I have no idea how to even go about fixing this. I could reinstall, but that takes 8 hours of downloads :slight_smile: And most probably won’t even fix it… Did you guys ever get this to work on Windows…?