Halo Wars 2 Save Games Gone

Hello everyone,

I fired up Halo Wars 2 yesterday evening for the first time in a few days, and oddly both my save files, and the auto save, was gone. This is for the main Campaign, and I was just starting Mission 6.

All of my profile’s progress, unlocks, and even completed Campaign Missions stats and being unlocked seems to have been retained, though many of my Options were reset to their default values.

I’m playing the game on both my PC and Xbox One X, however I did not do any platform switching between this. I completed Mission 5 a few days ago and saved at the start of Mission 6 on my Xbox One X, I fired the game up last night on the Xbox One X and the saves were gone. After accidentally starting the Campaign over, I then exited and rebooted my console, went up to my PC and launched the game from there, and it synced with the now restarted Campaign.

I went back down to my console, and manually selected the Mission and just started from it’s very begin.

To the best of my memory, I did not turn off my console while it was saving prior, so I don’t think I did anything to corrupt/delete these saves.

Does anyone know what may have happened?

No idea but it seems to be a fairly old issue that is somehow still creeping around.

I just lost most of the logs and campaign progress on the two DLC missions (best time, highest medal and mission completion are still displayed but all the bonus stuff tracked is back at 0), all saved games and even two of the cutscenes are locked again. along with that all other logs were set back to unread.
And I only play it on PC so its not even a cross-platform issue as far as I can tell.

> 2533274938265880;2:
> No idea but it seems to be a fairly old issue that is somehow still creeping around.
>
> I just lost most of the logs and campaign progress on the two DLC missions (best time, highest medal and mission completion are still displayed but all the bonus stuff tracked is back at 0), all saved games and even two of the cutscenes are locked again. along with that all other logs were set back to unread.
> And I only play it on PC so its not even a cross-platform issue as far as I can tell.

Shame, okay. I’m starting the final Mission of the main Campaign, and no more save issues thus far.

I’ve found since I began playing the game many Campaign Logs need to be read a few times over a few sessions to actually have their “marked as read” save properly, but I’e seen that issue in hosts of other games so it doesn’t irk me much.

Having save games (or actual progress) delete or reset, that’s a big frustration.