Halo wars 2 possible?

I still play halo wars with 1000’s of others and still have new people buying the game in order to play it, just wondering if there’s going to be a hw2? Everyone who is playing hw right now wants a hw2 but everyone says it’s not possible or it’s not happening. It isn’t like the other halo games being it’s a RTS instead of FPS but it’s a great game still.

It’s possible…

but probably in the back seat behind Halo 4.

just wait in to june for E3

> just wait in to june for E3

to find out that there is no halo wars 2. I don’t think so.

> > just wait in to june for E3
>
> to find out that there is no halo wars 2. I don’t think so.

I mean, there could be. There always can be. I somewhat expect it to pop up in the “near” (AKA next years) future…but not at next E3, and not before Halo 4 gets released.

Maybe afterwarths, as a launch title for the next Xbox.

> > > just wait in to june for E3
> >
> > to find out that there is no halo wars 2. I don’t think so.
>
> I mean, there could be. There always can be. I somewhat expect it to pop up in the “near” (AKA next years) future…but not at next E3, and not before Halo 4 gets released.
>
> Maybe afterwarths, as a launch title for the next Xbox.

If Halo Wars 2 is coming… It is coming after the HD remake of Halo 1. And that is coming in 2014.

So the timeline is

2012 - Halo 4
2013 - nothing/odst-esque game/Halo Wars?
2014 - H2 HD remake
2015 - Halo Wars? Halo 5?
2016 - Halo Wars?

My money is on that it would probably most likely come alongside or just slightly after halo 5 now that I have the years in front of me. 343 is going to 1 a year halo’s to keep up with Activision and their game plan seeing as this is what people apparently want to pay for. The attention span for a game is about a year. Americans are consumerism based creatures since we live and thrive in capitalism…

MS is going to jump all over it in the coming generation with Halo I believe. Hell - I would. It’s a smart thing to do to make money!

I really hope so. Halo Wars is one of my favorite Halo games and it is definitely an underrated game.

Halo Wars is the #1 console rts game of history for a reason.

> Halo Wars is the #1 console rts game of history for a reason.

Because Ensemble (the now Bonfire and some of Robot Entertainment I believe) made it, and Halo was attached to the title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

Anything is possible…

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk
>
> Anything is possible…

This is true - but the likliehood is very unlikely seeing as FPS and RPG/MMORPG dominate the games sectors. RTS is higher than it used to be, but most gamers are either FPS or RPG (not counting casual sports games)

> > Halo Wars is the #1 console rts game of history for a reason.
>
> Because Ensemble (the now Bonfire and some of Robot Entertainment I believe) made it, and Halo was attached to the title.

But that still doesn’t take away from it being #1.

Just such a good game not to give it a #2…I’ve been play’n RTS for long long time, PC and system. And HW has great controls/story for system play. Being a big fan of RTS and Halo, my brain exploded when I first found out about HW…But I can see how RTS isn’t as big as others and with that, not continuing the series. They DID do a great job on making it playable sooooo if they keep improving on that they could open up RTS to more gamers. Just do it 343…Just do it.

> Just such a good game not to give it a #2…I’ve been play’n RTS for long long time, PC and system. And HW has great controls/story for system play. Being a big fan of RTS and Halo, my brain exploded when I first found out about HW…But I can see how RTS isn’t as big as others and with that, not continuing the series. They DID do a great job on making it playable sooooo if they keep improving on that they could open up RTS to more gamers. Just do it 343…Just do it.

If only it was that simple…

I love Halo Wars and I’m waiting for a Halo Wars 2. If they were smart they would release it on the next Xbox and make it like this with Kinect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK1_bNv2xWY

I say, if they were smart, because they want to push hardcore games onto Kinect and this would be it. Also rumor is that the next Xbox will have Kinect 2 and that should track things better.

Who would make it? Ensemble is gone and I guarantee you that they have all found new jobs now.

Could 343 make it? Probably not. Different engine, different level design, different controls, different creative design. You cannot just take a studio that works on a FPS and put them on a RTS. It just does not work that way. People were probably specifically hired because of their experience working on first person shooter or with a particular engine. As well, once Halo 4 is out, you have patches, DLC and then Halo 5 which will take priority.

This all means that they would have to go outside 343 and Microsoft to make the game, which I am very doubtful of. Maybe whoever is handling Age of Empires online, but I seriously doubt it. Though it was a great game, we will likely never see a Halo Wars 2.

> Who would make it? Ensemble is gone and I guarantee you that they have all found new jobs now.
>
> Could 343 make it? Probably not. Different engine, different level design, different controls, different creative design. You cannot just take a studio that works on a FPS and put them on a RTS. It just does not work that way. People were probably specifically hired because of their experience working on first person shooter or with a particular engine. As well, once Halo 4 is out, you have patches, DLC and then Halo 5 which will take priority.
>
> This all means that they would have to go outside 343 and Microsoft to make the game, which I am very doubtful of. Maybe whoever is handling Age of Empires online, but I seriously doubt it. Though it was a great game, we will likely never see a Halo Wars 2.

I’m not going to flame you, but I am guessing you never kept up with Halo Wars.

> I love Halo Wars and I’m waiting for a Halo Wars 2. If they were smart they would release it on the next Xbox and make it like this with Kinect.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK1_bNv2xWY
>
> I say, if they were smart, because they want to push hardcore games onto Kinect and this would be it. Also rumor is that the next Xbox will have Kinect 2 and that should track things better.

I think that should be a option or advantage like “Street Fighter’-Yoink!- Stick” or (Arcade Pad) w/e. Because i like relaxing and most people don’t have a Kinect and even if they did most likely won’t have room to use it. Shoot my sis has one and she barely has enough room to use it in the livingroom, It won’t work in my room where my game is. Are you really wanting them to say, Sorry you can play where ever you want anymore and you can’t be comfortable. It’s a RTS not a action game, I agree is should be incorperated but shouldn’t be the only options It would be great as a add on.

:open_mouth: they want to rush me huh??? i’m turning on my Kinect!

Well we’re here to show our desire for a halo wars 2 right?

> > Halo Wars is the #1 console rts game of history for a reason.
>
> Because Ensemble (the now Bonfire and some of Robot Entertainment I believe) made it, and Halo was attached to the title.

Exactly, there is nothing “special” about Halo Wars that is specific to Halo besides its name. It was good RTS with well known name attached to it, so it became popular quick.

Most Likely MW or Battlefield will get into the RTS,before halo wars 2. By contracting a studio well known for RTS’s then stamping their name on it for popularity

Halo Wars = Lord Of The Rings: Battle For Middle Earth 1 & 2 dumb’d down for consel. Sadly no idea from Halo Wars was orignal