Halo Wars 2 Poll

It might be different, considering that 343i is in charge now.
But I think the changes will be for good.

> 2535453464044488;2:
> It might be different, considering that 343i is in charge now.
> But I think the changes will be for good.

I think that also.

> 2535453464044488;2:
> It might be different, considering that 343i is in charge now.
> But I think the changes will be for good.

Just as Bungie was in charge of Halo Wars…

343i is not the developer. Creative Assembly is. 343i is there for canonical oversight. CA makes the game.

It’ll be the same as Halo Wars in terms of the way it’s developed. Ensemble Studios developed the game, Bungie reviewed the story and techs and provided insight as to what did or did not fit within the Halo Universe.

I’m wondering where in the time line it will be set. That will determine the enemies we face.

Of course it’ll be different, should be 5x better after all this time

I’m hoping it’s just as good or better than the first one. ooo-ooo-ooo-ooo ODST on the way!

I loved Halo Wars, and will love Halo Wars 2. It’s just about guaranteed.

My body is ready.

It’ll be great don’t worry about it

hope there is multiplayer

> 2533274993813075;11:
> hope there is multiplayer

HAhahahaha. Good one. That’s like saying, “I hope there’s an options menu”

Of course there will be multiplayer. Why would they cut it from HW2 when it was the major component of Halo Wars.

> 2533274809541057;4:
> > 2535453464044488;2:
> > It might be different, considering that 343i is in charge now.
> > But I think the changes will be for good.
>
>
> Just as Bungie was in charge of Halo Wars…
>
> 343i is not the developer. Creative Assembly is. 343i is there for canonical oversight. CA makes the game.
>
> It’ll be the same as Halo Wars in terms of the way it’s developed. Ensemble Studios developed the game, Bungie reviewed the story and techs and provided insight as to what did or did not fit within the Halo Universe.

If I remember right, didn’t Ensemble Studios change to 343i? Or at least merge with them?

> If I remember right, didn’t Ensemble Studios change to 343i? Or at least merge with them?

I thought they were shut down?

We can expect a great multiplayer because its going to be on the Xbox 1. I would like some changes in game play so that the game is new and refreshing rather than like getting an up to date version of Halo Wars.

I will greet it with open arms!

I hope it blows the first Halo Wars away and adopts some much needed RTS features.

> 2533274836669416;13:
> If I remember right, didn’t Ensemble Studios change to 343i? Or at least merge with them?

No, they were acquired by Microsoft in 2001, but then closed by MS in January 2009, one month before the release of Halo Wars. Most of those employees went directly to brand new companies formed from the disbanding of Ensemble Studios.

In all likelyhood, Microsoft saw the closing of ES necessary due to the decling demographic for classic PC RTS’s which was what Ensemble specialized in. They had a couple new IP’s in different genres in production, including a Halo MMO, but their lack of quantifiable published work in other genres may have indicated their inablility to adapt to the changing environment.

RTS is still alive and thriving, but not in the way that it was more than a decade ago.

I’m not saying that closing Ensemble Studios was the right thing to do by Microsoft, but I understand (or think I do) their reasoning for it.

love-in it

I’ll expect an amazing story.

All we can do is hope