Halo wars 2 makes no sense

So from my understanding halo wars 2 takes place at the lesser ark same one from halo 3. At the end of halo 3 to kill the flood the master chief fires the halo ring and it’s on the edge of the galaxy so it’s okay. So in halo wars 2 how was there researchers left on the ark, they should have been destroyed when the rings fired, I’m confused can someone explain this to me.

> 2533274848168318;1:
> So from my understanding halo wars 2 takes place at the lesser ark same one from halo 3. At the end of halo 3 to kill the flood the master chief fires the halo ring and it’s on the edge of the galaxy so it’s okay. So in halo wars 2 how was there researchers left on the ark, they should have been destroyed when the rings fired, I’m confused can someone explain this to me.

Ark is purged of Flood by localized energy blast in late 2552/early 2553. Ark has vast resources and begins rebuilding itself and the ill fated Installation 04 MK III. Researchers arrived on the Ark post 2553, as seen in the novel “Hunters in the Dark” and note that the Ark, while damaged, is in fact repairing.

> 2533274888057089;2:
> > 2533274848168318;1:
> > So from my understanding halo wars 2 takes place at the lesser ark same one from halo 3. At the end of halo 3 to kill the flood the master chief fires the halo ring and it’s on the edge of the galaxy so it’s okay. So in halo wars 2 how was there researchers left on the ark, they should have been destroyed when the rings fired, I’m confused can someone explain this to me.
>
> Ark is purged of Flood by localized energy blast in late 2552/early 2553. Ark has vast resources and begins rebuilding itself and the ill fated Installation 04 MK III. Researchers arrived on the Ark post 2553, as seen in the novel “Hunters in the Dark” and note that the Ark, while damaged, is in fact repairing.

Spot on. It can also repair and manufacture Halo rings in cases where they are destroyed.

> 2533274798171689;3:
> > 2533274888057089;2:
> > > 2533274848168318;1:
> > > So from my understanding halo wars 2 takes place at the lesser ark same one from halo 3. At the end of halo 3 to kill the flood the master chief fires the halo ring and it’s on the edge of the galaxy so it’s okay. So in halo wars 2 how was there researchers left on the ark, they should have been destroyed when the rings fired, I’m confused can someone explain this to me.
> >
> > Ark is purged of Flood by localized energy blast in late 2552/early 2553. Ark has vast resources and begins rebuilding itself and the ill fated Installation 04 MK III. Researchers arrived on the Ark post 2553, as seen in the novel “Hunters in the Dark” and note that the Ark, while damaged, is in fact repairing.
>
> Spot on. It can also repair and manufacture Halo rings in cases where they are destroyed.

This will likely be relevant since there is a halo ring in the Launch trailer, shown at 1:17 ironically.