Halo wars 2 main screen spartan armor

Ive noticed that the red spartan on the main screen of the halo wars beta is a fusion of the mjolnir mark IV and the mark VI and I am curious what the armor is and what its called

> 2533274841080006;1:
> Ive noticed that the red spartan on the main screen of the halo wars beta is a fusion of the mjolnir mark IV and the mark VI and I am curious what the armor is and what its called

I’m not entirely sure, but my guess is its just a suit of Mark VI.

Anyways this is how a Spartan actually looks. I really hope 343i looks to what creative assembly has been doing in terms of art direction for the future Halo installments.

Fusion of mark IV and VI? My guess is Gen II Mark V.

I hope they keep this. I miss this Mark VI design. I absolutely hate the art direction in which 343 went in.

We’ll have to wait and see. Its obviously not Red Team as we saw what they look like in the e3 trailer. Could be many things

It looks really weird IMO. It looks like old Mark VI with the Mark IV helmet vents. It just doesn’t look right. I wonder how it fits into the game? Obviously Red Team won’t be wearing it, well not at the beginning of the game anyway.

I’m not counting it as canon until the full game releases.

I actually had this same discussion with my friend and the only thing we could find out is that it looks awesome, I honestly hope they put this armor in Halo 5 or Halo 6

Maybe it’s a early prototype of mark VI? Or it can be a new Gen ll armour?

I hope it’s a new version of the MJOLNIR Mark VII (assuming Naomi’s one could be a (B) model like for the Mark V), at last we could have it in a game.

Do we have any more information about this yet?

On a side-note: Anyone recognize the Symbol on the Warthog? Next to the red Spartan?

Its like a combo of a mk.4 suit and mk.6 its weird. Im not sure how I feel about it

IMO it looks more like the Mk. IV that was used in Halo legends and Forward Unto Dawn by the Chief. The vents lead me to believe it might be a variant of Mk. IV or Mk. V; both models are very similar in design and it is definitely something that is not present in any Mk. VI variant.

The only set to have vents on the front consistently are the Mk. V variants while there are quite a few Mk. IV suits that omit the mouth vents. The most recent media that showcases several different suits in the Mk. IV line is the heavily criticized Halo: Fall of Reach animated series. Those suits as far as I remember omit the mouth vents and are more reminiscent of Gen 2 models of existing armor.

All in all the biggest problem in determining the Red spartan in the Halo Wars 2 Beta is the inconsistent style of the MJOLNIR even all the way back to when Bungie was in charge.

I also noticed in the beta that the SPARTAN you can deploy wears this suit, it is difficult to make out but it is not the Mark IV like in the previous game.

Watch Halo Canon’s recent YouTube video, it’s a breakdown of the Halo Wars 2 cinematic trailer we got from RTX. He states an interesting theory that it could be Douglas’s new armor… You’ll have to check out the video to understand completely, it’s an interesting theory.

Don’t know but it looks really good.

> 2533274974284436;7:
> I’m not counting it as canon until the full game releases.

That is exactly what people should do. The title screen in the beta was just a few vehicles sitting around with that Spartan. Honestly when I first saw it I thought it was just something made in H5’s Forge as a placeholder. It could very well be a suit that one of Red team gets, but until we get any hints about it it’s better to leave it alone.

I’m going with the idea that it’s Douglas in that suit, since he gets brutally beaten by Atriox along with the fact that his mark IV armor gets damaged and the helmet is crushed, visor and all.

if I am gettin this correct and this is the helmet that is on the ground in the trailer and aslo as a xbox profile pic what is the name of the helmet