halo wars 2 looking more unlikly now, atleast from robot :(

tl/dr: http://kotaku.com/#!5770528/age-of-empires-online-switches-developers-in-mid+game
“Robot was founded to work on original IP, but working with AoE was a great way to get the company off the ground. The plan was always to move to original IP as soon as we had the ability focus on our core business goal”
meaning, they are focusing on new original games, not going back to old ones. ie: no halo wars 2 for them

i have been optimistic about halo wars 2, cuz that game rocked, had over 1 million sales, and a sequel seemed likly.
but then things happen
ensemble closed down
robot entertainment kept hope alive, with dlc releasage
forums/site of halowars.com now shut down basically
robot has been working on Age of Empires Online, wich no offense IMO is a wrong direction for AoE
i mean AoE 3 and 2 are super awesome games
now they released the have been working on Orcs must die, a pretty sweet game,
but not the release i was hoping for.
now robot releases a statement that they are only going to be working on new games,
and not continue in old endevours.
so robot probably wont do it, enseble is dead, 343 is busy with reach, and doest care.
so its left in limbo, to die.
now i am now not even expecting halo wars 2.
other great games are coming out (skyrim), so its not the end of the world
but, if they do ever release any info on halo wars 2, even just a ‘hey, its a coming’ i’l be happier.

Extra Rant: RIP
RIP ensemble, you were the best. AoE was super great, and my favorite game on PC.
here are some other companys dead, with game i relate them to. i know i’m missing alot, but here are some.
ensemble - AoE, halo wars
pandemic - star wars battlefront 2
bizarre - blur, geometry wars 2

> ----
> tl/dr: http://kotaku.com/#!5770528/age-of-empires-online-switches-developers-in-mid+game
> “Robot was founded to work on original IP, but working with AoE was a great way to get the company off the ground. The plan was always to move to original IP as soon as we had the ability focus on our core business goal”
> meaning, they are focusing on new original games, not going back to old ones. ie: no halo wars 2 for them
> ----
>
> i have been optimistic about halo wars 2, cuz that game rocked, had over 1 million sales, and a sequel seemed likly.
> but then things happen
> ensemble closed down
> robot entertainment kept hope alive, with dlc releasage
> forums/site of halowars.com now shut down basically
> robot has been working on Age of Empires Online, wich no offense IMO is a wrong direction for AoE
> i mean AoE 3 and 2 are super awesome games
> now they released the have been working on Orcs must die, a pretty sweet game,
> but not the release i was hoping for.
> now robot releases a statement that they are only going to be working on new games,
> and not continue in old endevours.
> so robot probably wont do it, enseble is dead, 343 is busy with reach, and doest care.
> so its left in limbo, to die.
> now i am now not even expecting halo wars 2.
> other great games are coming out (skyrim), so its not the end of the world
> but, if they do ever release any info on halo wars 2, even just a ‘hey, its a coming’ i’l be happier.
>
> Extra Rant: RIP
> RIP ensemble, you were the best. AoE was super great, and my favorite game on PC.
> here are some other companys dead, with game i relate them to. i know i’m missing alot, but here are some.
> ensemble - AoE, halo wars
> pandemic - star wars battlefront 2
> bizarre - blur, geometry wars 2

I’m sorry to say that this is old news. If there is going to be Halo Wars 2, then it probably isn’t going to be Robot.