Halo Wars 2 Ideas from Longtime Players

My friend and I put together this small list of feedback from the Beta. First off, great job. 343i and Creative Assembly have done an excellent job of capturing and evolving what made HW1 great while making it for a new generation of players. I’ve put more hours than I care to admit into HW1 and have noticed a few things I think could be changed to improve HW2. By no means do I mean for this to sound nit picky or that the game is bad, just looking to provide constructive feedback as requested for this great beta. All of this is from an Xbox One perspective.
UI

• A progress bar/or percentage (like HW1) of construction progress to be displayed when a building is under construction. - Visual feedback when a leader point earned a bit more prominent. It’s very easy to not notice and forget they are even there. - Visual feedback when you multiple upgrades in cue. IE darken the slice of the upgrade selected after the in progress upgrade. - The ability to see your partner’s field of view on the minimap in multiplayer matches would make communication much easier just like in HW1.Controls

• The ability to hold X and set waypoints for a unit needs to return. - Classic HW1 style control scheme.

• for example switching quick scroll to left trigger, etcGameplay

• Unit movement when grouped is not uniform. In HW1 when you had units of varying types moving together they would hold the same speed as the slowest unit. Bringing this back would help greatly and prevent the lonely banshee assaulting without infantry support.Just a few things we thought of. But HW2 is great and thanks 343i and Creative Assembly for giving us the sequel we never thought would happen.
    Signed
    Long time Halo wars fans
    Dark Knight37 & NF Homer

Excellent points that I agree with, let’s hope they add these to the finished version.

I also agree with all of these points. And “all units” quick command should return as well.

Also, I feel like the beta’s unit cap is way too low. I feel like my army is smaller and less impressive as it was in HW1. I guess I just expected a large increase in map and army sizes because we are now in the Xbox One generation and not still in the 360’s generation.

Other than that, very excited to see how the final product will turn out!

these are excellent points,i always keep checking my points just incase i earned one and it kind of gets annoying,also just my opinion the unit cap is ok for me its pretty balanced.

• > - Visual feedback when a leader point earned a bit more prominent. It’s very easy to not notice and forget they are even there. - Visual feedback when you multiple upgrades in cue. IE darken the slice of the upgrade selected after the in progress upgrade. - The ability to see your partner’s field of view on the minimap in multiplayer matches would make communication much easier just like in HW1.