Halo Wars 2 - Can I actually have a real answer?

Ok I think we have all given up on hoping Microsoft and Robot make Halo Wars 2. This isnt another begging post as I imagine they are getting sick of ignoring them all by now!

What I want to know is why is there no Halo Wars 2, now putting the facts in order it seems hard to fathom the companies logic.

Halo Wars has sold over 2 million copies (not counting digital downloads)
It is the highest rated RTS on metacritic out on consoles.
It still has an active user base, 7000 players online two years after it came out is not bad.
Its DLC sold well if the amount of people in matchmaking who have it are anything to go by.
The community is still active (most posts are about Halo Wars here)
The game ends on a cliffhanger (legendary ending)
There is a demand for it.

Halo Wars is a good game a damn solid effort for a first foray into a new genre for the franchise.

I just feel if you told any other publisher, “hey we got a critically acclaimed hit that has sold millions and people are begging for a sequel” it would get made :frowning: so genuinly, why isnt Halo Wars 2 going to be made?

here is why

Nov 2001 - Halo 1 release date
Nov 2004 - Halo 2 release date
Sep 2007 - Halo 3 release date (2009 ODST expansion)
Sep 2010 - Halo R release date

so do you see a patern ? yes Halo games are release on a 3 year cycle

Feb 2009 - Halo Wars release date

so do not expect a Halo Wars 2 until 2012 (though I guess Halo Wars was announced sometimes around 2006, 3 years before release date …)

You DO Realize that even if there was a Halo Wars 2 it would be a different story, I mean think of all the places Halo Wars could go! I love the game and I still play it, and there is a great community BUT dont tell Bungie that It SOLD 2 million tell them that they could SELL 5 million copies.

I think Robot should be the only company to make it if at all. Robot knows what it takes to make a balanced RTS, and obviously from the events following TU5, Waypoint has no clue what it takes, or what it evens means if Gremlins are T1 or T2. They just wanted to fix the theater because that is what Waypoint is all about, stories of Halo. So Waypoint/343 should NOT try to make Halo Wars 2.

And on the topic of Bungie. Halo 1 was amazing for its time (and it still is), Halo 2 revolutionized online FPS’s, Halo 3 was IMO better yet (mostly because I didn’t play much Halo 2 online). Then Halo 3 ODST put dirt on Halo, then Reach buried Halo. Bungie has lost their touch with games because they are not revolutionizing any more, they are competing. Halo Wars 2 would fail epically in Bungie’s hands. There is soo much more that can be done with Halo Wars, but I personally think Bungie couldn’t do it because of how focused in FPS’s they have been. I’d bet they would make it so your spartans could be controlled FPS style. Sure it would be cool, but that is not what RTS’s are about. Anyway I think it is best to leave it where it is, unless Robot picks it up. Bungie or 343 would just fail again if they tried.

> I think Robot should be the only company to make it if at all. Robot knows what it takes to make a balanced RTS, and obviously from the events following TU5, Waypoint has no clue what it takes, or what it evens means if Gremlins are T1 or T2. They just wanted to fix the theater because that is what Waypoint is all about, stories of Halo. So Waypoint/343 should NOT try to make Halo Wars 2.
>
> And on the topic of Bungie. Halo 1 was amazing for its time (and it still is), Halo 2 revolutionized online FPS’s, Halo 3 was IMO better yet (mostly because I didn’t play much Halo 2 online). Then Halo 3 ODST put dirt on Halo, then Reach buried Halo. Bungie has lost their touch with games because they are not revolutionizing any more, they are competing. Halo Wars 2 would fail epically in Bungie’s hands. There is soo much more that can be done with Halo Wars, but I personally think Bungie couldn’t do it because of how focused in FPS’s they have been. I’d bet they would make it so your spartans could be controlled FPS style. Sure it would be cool, but that is not what RTS’s are about. Anyway I think it is best to leave it where it is, unless Robot picks it up. Bungie or 343 would just fail again if they tried.

I beg to differ on the " Reach buried Halo" quote ODST WAS a epic failure but reach brung it all back.

i thought ODST storyline was much better then Halo 3 (except the night vision that was very annoying)

I myself dont even want a halo wars 2 … yet … but rather a more balanced Halo Wars 1 with extended custom game options (like no tanks or no flying or only Tech 1 option and other restrictions) and a map creator (or just more 3v3 maps)

as well as a DLC that provides a 15 mission covenent campaign (I would pay 1200 msp for that :slight_smile: )

The problem is I guess that it would be not feasable to dedicate a team for such extensive development therefore I assume we have to hope for a HW2

They aren’t gonna make halo wars 2. They shut down the HW forums for christ sakes. Obviously, that means they are done with this game and halo wars in general. It would be stupid to reopen the forum for the next HW game. Why shut it down in the first place?

because more and more arent playing any more they all play reach now because tha is great. i think halo wars was a good game but i think its time to give up on a halo wars.

try a new tittle like halo wars reveng of the chiften or somthing like that!

> They aren’t gonna make halo wars 2. They shut down the HW forums for christ sakes. Obviously, that means they are done with this game and halo wars in general. It would be stupid to reopen the forum for the next HW game. Why shut it down in the first place?

Closing a forum is no way to judge if they will make another or not…Ever think they want a new site for the second game, that will cover the first and the second game.

Just a thought!

I’d take Halo Wars 2 over Halo 4 and the next hundred CoD games.

Sadly, only like 50 people share this opinion.

> I’d take Halo Wars 2 over Halo 4 and the next hundred CoD games.
>
> Sadly, only like 50 people share this opinion.

I don’t care about CoD. It is just another generic fps to me, but that isn’t what I am about to talk about. I want a Halo 4 and Halo Wars 2. I want a Halo 4 first because I want to see the end of the John’s story before any other game is made. Let’s be honest. If it wasn’t for him, Halo would have never got as popular until Halo 2 (because of online multiplayer). This brings me to Halo Wars 2. After Halo 4 is made, I want to see a Halo Wars 2 made before any random Halo game is made. Halo Wars revolutionized console rts games. So first I want to see a Halo 4, and then I want to see a Halo Wars. I am just going to go ahead and make a timeline showing how each Halo revolutionized its genre.

2001-Halo-It had an amazing diverse story never before seen in a console fps game. Even its customs games revolutionized console fps games. It was what made the xbox popular and put it on the map. It sold about 3 million copies which set the record for most sold games on the original xbox at that time.

2004-Halo 2-It was the first console fps game to create a great successful online multiplayer experience. It is what put the xbox live service on the map. It sold about 6.4 million copies which set the record for most sold games on the original xbox at that time.

2007-Halo 3-It had forge. It was one of the first console fps games to have something like this. The custom games were taken even farther with it. It also had more content than any other console fps at that time. That is why most people bought an xbox 360 back in 2005-2008. It sold about 11.6 million copies which set the record for the most sold games on the xbox 360 at that time.

2009-Halo Wars-It showed that a succesful rts game can be made for consoles. It had simple controls which were perfect. It sold 2 million copies which set the record for most sold console rts game which it still holds that record.

2009-Halo 3 ODST-It was overpriced, but it had a great campaign although it was short. It was still great. It introduced firefight. That was a great feature that became popular. Too many people let the price get in their way to see how great the game was. It set the record for most copies sold for an fps console expansion.

2010-Halo Reach-It had and still has more content in it than any other console fps out to date. No other game has as many options as it has. I have been keeping up with it sales, and sadly it is starting to fall behind Halo 3 sales after this time of its release. A lot of people blame that on the changes, but let’s be honest. It is because CoD is more popular now, and it has taken the sales of a lot of games. (I don’t see how people like CoD when Battlefield is so much better. CoD is overhyped too.) Nevertheless, the Halo Reach beta set the record for a most played console game beta ever.

If you didn’t notice, every single Halo game set a record for something at one time. Both the fps and rts Halo games deserve a sequel.

The FPS genre is seriously overdone. I hope Bungie doesn’t make another Halo FPS until they come up with some fresh ideas (think Shadowrun).

> The FPS genre is seriously overdone. I hope Bungie doesn’t make another Halo FPS until they come up with some fresh ideas (think Shadowrun).

It really is old news that bungie can no longer make a Halo game again for 10 years because they are with Activision now. I think this is something that every Halo player should know anyway.

> I’d take Halo Wars 2 over Halo 4 and the next hundred CoD games.
>
> Sadly, only like 50 people share this opinion.

Make that 51

> > I’d take Halo Wars 2 over Halo 4 and the next hundred CoD games.
> >
> > Sadly, only like 50 people share this opinion.
>
> Make that 51

> > > I’d take Halo Wars 2 over Halo 4 and the next hundred CoD games.
> > >
> > > Sadly, only like 50 people share this opinion.
> >
> > Make that 51
>
> 52.

> > > > I’d take Halo Wars 2 over Halo 4 and the next hundred CoD games.
> > > >
> > > > Sadly, only like 50 people share this opinion.
> > >
> > > Make that 51
> >
> > 52.
>
> 53

In my own opinion, I am horrible at halo games, i couldn’t care less about halo before i played halo wars.
It was the first halo game i played and i enjoyed it. As an RTS player i enjoyed from the worst Rts games for the 64 n SNES to the epicness of AOE, AOM, COH, SC, and Wow. But from all the RTS games i played halo wars was the simplest most fun n competitive game i ever played. With the rigth minds together this game can become bigger than Starcraft, it has pretty much endless possibilities do to the halo world. Bungie you set records everytime you make a game, now make the record of the company that actually cares the most for their community.

HHHHH HHHHH WWWW WWWW
HHHHH HHHHH WWWW WWWW
HHHHH HHHHH WWWW WWWW
HHHHH HHHHH WWWW WWWW
HHHHH HHHHH WWWW WWWW
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WWWW WWWW WWWW
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WWWW WWWW WWWW WWWW
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WWWW WWWW WWWW WWWW
HHHHH HHHHH WWWW WWWW WWWW WWWW
HHHHH HHHHH WWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWW
HHHHH HHHHH WWWWWW WWWWWWWW
HHHHH HHHHH WWWW WWWWW

Considering that most of the people here are from the Halo Wars forums, it makes sense that most people here would want a Halo Wars 2 before anything else. As long as we both get a Halo 4 and Halo Wars 2, I’ll be happy. I want those two made before anything else. Also, I’m not talking bad about anyone. It is a good thing that most of the bungie.net people haven’t got here yet because this would be a troll house. But, we all know they will come soon sadly.

Make that 55.

There is so much potential in Halo Wars. It better not die after the first game.