halo wars 2 campaign thoughts.

what where your guys opinion of the campaign?
i just finished it there and as much as the story was cool especially the cut scenes.

i felt like the story was rushed. the cut scenes where amazing when they happened but i felt like there where hardly any of them.
the first half of the campaign missions felt boring aswell.
when the campaign came to the end it left me feeling like “was that it?”.

just compared to halo wars 1 the campaign was disappointing to me.

whats you guys thoughts?

It really just needed a cutscene for every mission like the original. Would have helped emphasize all the great themes they touched on early on but never really fully explored. I loved all the characters, and the plot, and the setting. There just wasn’t enough to fully realize the amazing potential. If they added new cutscenes post launch to fill the gaps in the story I would be the happiest Halo fanboy in the world lol

> 2533274803049083;2:
> It really just needed a cutscene for every mission like the original. Would have helped emphasize all the great themes they touched on early on but never really fully explored. I loved all the characters, and the plot, and the setting. There just wasn’t enough to fully realize the amazing potential. If they added new cutscenes post launch to fill the gaps in the story I would be the happiest Halo fanboy in the world lol

i agree

There should have been a Douglas medbay scene. I didn’t even realize he was back which is a shame because his return to duty should have been a big deal. Would have emphasized the crew is family theme.

6.5 or 7/10 no memorable missions and too many unanswered questions

They were just being lazy, diddnt you guys notice most of their “Cutscenes” were just in game pan overs of the units. Cutscenes should be able to flow somewhat into a short film, if someone tried watching all 3 (i think) cutscenes, they would have no clue on what was going on. I wish they were able to just add them, but sadly this halo game will never reach its potential because of this.

A game should NOT use cutscenes where they can’t be used effectively. As per game/story design, a cutscene should either develop characters/plot, or explain the objective in the next level. With not as much focus on characters or plot, and with objectives being explained by loading screens(as actual cutscenes would simply be a waste, since it’s the conversation that matters in this case), and with the in-game vignettes with custom animations, Halo Wars 2’s amount of cutscenes is just fine.

Also, why do I CONSTANTLY need to remind people Halo Wars 1 didn’t have a cutscene before EVERY level!? You know where there ISN’T a cutscene for every level?

• Between the levels “Arcadia City” and “Arcadia Outskirts” - Between the levels “Dome of Light” and “Scarab” - Between the levels “Ander’s Signal” and “The Flood”

> 2533274824086819;6:
> They were just being lazy, diddnt you guys notice most of their “Cutscenes” were just in game pan overs of the units. Cutscenes should be able to flow somewhat into a short film, if someone tried watching all 3 (i think) cutscenes, they would have no clue on what was going on. I wish they were able to just add them, but sadly this halo game will never reach its potential because of this.

Just like the original Halo Wars. The cutscenes go straight from them arriving at Arcadia to going after the Covenant’s shield.

And no, it wasn’t any more incoherent than Halo Wars 1 was with it. Because a lot of the levels were filler, as an RTS usually is.

> 2533274974033696;8:
> > 2533274824086819;6:
> > They were just being lazy, diddnt you guys notice most of their “Cutscenes” were just in game pan overs of the units. Cutscenes should be able to flow somewhat into a short film, if someone tried watching all 3 (i think) cutscenes, they would have no clue on what was going on. I wish they were able to just add them, but sadly this halo game will never reach its potential because of this.
>
> Just like the original Halo Wars. The cutscenes go straight from them arriving at Arcadia to going after the Covenant’s shield.
>
> And no, it wasn’t any more incoherent than Halo Wars 1 was with it. Because a lot of the levels were filler, as an RTS usually is.

I dont know what that first part means, but I said if someone only played the cutscenes they wouldnt know what was going on because there were so few. thats a bad sign.

> 2533274974033696;7:
> A game should NOT use cutscenes where they can’t be used effectively. As per game/story design, a cutscene should either develop characters/plot, or explain the objective in the next level. With not as much focus on characters or plot, and with objectives being explained by loading screens(as actual cutscenes would simply be a waste, since it’s the conversation that matters in this case), and with the in-game vignettes with custom animations, Halo Wars 2’s amount of cutscenes is just fine.
>
> Also, why do I CONSTANTLY need to remind people Halo Wars 1 didn’t have a cutscene before EVERY level!? You know where there ISN’T a cutscene for every level?
> - Between the levels “Arcadia City” and “Arcadia Outskirts” - Between the levels “Dome of Light” and “Scarab” - Between the levels “Ander’s Signal” and “The Flood”

Do you know how much they could have developed characters further with the cutscenes? a lot, like what the hell was that with douglas. he just randomly jumps back into combat…

> 2533274824086819;10:
> > 2533274974033696;7:
> >
>
> Do you know how much they could have developed characters further with the cutscenes? a lot, like what the hell was that with douglas. he just randomly jumps back into combat…

A lot. But they didn’t. It’s a writing issue moreso than a Blur issue.

> 2533274974033696;11:
> > 2533274824086819;10:
> > > 2533274974033696;7:
> > >
> >
> > Do you know how much they could have developed characters further with the cutscenes? a lot, like what the hell was that with douglas. he just randomly jumps back into combat…
>
> A lot. But they didn’t. It’s a writing issue moreso than a Blur issue.

Very true, i diddnt think about it like that.

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks.