Halo Wars 2 Campaign Ending - SPOILERS

Just in case you accidentally clicked, there will be spoilers for the campaign here.

ok so, the end cutscene shows us Atriox over a sea of Banished units… and I was expecting the fight of my life… Game Ends, Credits roll.

I can’t tell if that was a bad direction to go since I felt like all this build up to Atriox was for nothing… or if it’s just made me more excited for Halo Wars 3 or some kind of Halo 6 tie in. The Cutscene at the end of the credits makes me think it will be more of a Halo 6 tie in, which would actually be pretty cool.

What did you think of the ending?

I honestly think that it is ok given that there should be campaign DLC coming out for this title. I’m not saying that anything is ok so long as it is released later (looking at you halo 5), but this current campaign seems to have been intended on being a sort of introduction stage for the game. I imagine more will be done with Atriox and the banished as more story stuff rolls out.

That was a terrible ending. It was so abrupt and pointless.
The campaign was incredibly short and left a LOT to be desired.

> 2533274964092569;3:
> That was a terrible ending. It was so abrupt and pointless.
> The campaign was incredibly short and left a LOT to be desired.

Incredably short? No, thanks to the general style of the missions being rolling sections opening up it took me longer then one.

> 2533274925633740;2:
> I honestly think that it is ok given that there should be campaign DLC coming out for this title. I’m not saying that anything is ok so long as it is released later (looking at you halo 5), but this current campaign seems to have been intended on being a sort of introduction stage for the game. I imagine more will be done with Atriox and the banished as more story stuff rolls out.

The campaign was a full story. We arrived, we got anders home along with a message. An expansion would be nice (It’ll take Cortana time to get here after all) but it’s a whole exprience.

> 2533274813056574;1:
> -snip-

The game ended that way to show yes, you’re amazing work crippled their transport and stranded a bunch of them on the ark…but that’s all you did. That huge sparse army distrubted over the entire ark is still there. If the game continued, it would have to do until the start of the next game, spoiling the beginning of H6 or HW3. I imagine story DLC will be skirmishes taking place during that period, or better yet Atriox fighting the original covenant. (Swap some units around and some reskins and it’s not too hard to get a covenant faction) With the enduring still up, or the transport network, cutter would get stomped.