Halo Wars 1 Or Halo Wars 2?

Which One Was The Best Game?

Wars 2

The first one was great, loads of nostalgia. But Halo Wars 2 is better in everything except maps.

Both good, but HW2. All the way.

I’m too lazy to justify why.

Halo wars 1 imo,halo wars 2 focused too much on leaders instead of maps

Original Halo Wars

Halo Wars was a great start for multiplayer but lacked many strategies but nonetheless stategy. I will admit the campaign and multiplayer maps were great, HW2 had all else in the bag as a FPS. I will say the game is still lacking to traditional strategies such as Warcraft, Starcraft, and Command and Conquer; It’s still a great game.

HW2

Halo Wars 2, Halo Wars 1 only had the better maps and fight for resources.

Halo Wars 2 but man the maps were bland as hell with nothing truly different from one another.

Halo Wars 2 is better but the base campaign and maps are worse.

> 2533275001759937;10:
> Halo Wars 2 is better but the base campaign and maps are worse.

I disagree about the campaign. Halo Wars 1 has the most boring gameplay of any halo campaign. I probably enjoy the Spartan assault series more. The gameplay is so linear and it feels like they don’t take the training wheels off until the last mission. Just my opinion though.

Halo Wars 2 is better in every single regard expect maps. As fun as it was, the state of balance in wars 1 was abysmal. DLC for the game consisted of some small gametypes no one played and a few maps that no one played on. Balance updates were few and far between and only came around to fix clearly broken issues… anders gauss and gremlins. That’s… about it. And prophets move speed.

I know it’s a matter of opinion but I just have a hard time understanding how someone could say the first one was better. The maps were better because variety of objective control was offered. That i can totally appreciate. But as for everything else I find 2 to be miles ahead of the first.

> 2533274812650916;11:
> > 2533275001759937;10:
> > Halo Wars 2 is better but the base campaign and maps are worse.
>
> I disagree about the campaign. Halo Wars 1 has the most boring gameplay of any halo campaign. I probably enjoy the Spartan assault series more. The gameplay is so linear and it feels like they don’t take the training wheels off until the last mission. Just my opinion though.
>
> Halo Wars 2 is better in every single regard expect maps. As fun as it was, the state of balance in wars 1 was abysmal. DLC for the game consisted of some small gametypes no one played and a few maps that no one played on. Balance updates were few and far between and only came around to fix clearly broken issues… anders gauss and gremlins. That’s… about it. And prophets move speed.
>
> I know it’s a matter of opinion but I just have a hard time understanding how someone could say the first one was better. The maps were better because variety of objective control was offered. That i can totally appreciate. But as for everything else I find 2 to be miles ahead of the first.

I agree that the maps was the best for multiplayer but thats where it’s greatness ended. I do completely disagree on the campaign however. I played HW for hours because of the great story.

The story is based during the Covenant Human War where both suffered greatly. The Covenant taken the lead an established a foothold in hopes to learn of a super weapon. The humans regain control and the Spirit of Fire chases the covies down, disobeys orders to defend a reclaimed war torn planet, to discover their purpose and finish what they started. Little did they know what they chased would bring them to an enemy that onced ended all other life even the Covenant would learn to fear. The flood was an ancient life form capable to virtually live in any environment and controlled by a megamind body to learn and destroy by life through indoctrinations of its hosts. Once a host is under it’s control, the only way to stop them is to control and burn anything and everything, which both lacked the technology to incinerate. Finally, they discover the weapon the Truth and Ripa the Arbiter sought and the Spirit of Fire made the choice to sacrifice any chance to destroy the weapons by using the their very fusion core capable of taking the home where they are lost lost and their deeds unknown.

> 2533274812650916;11:
> > 2533275001759937;10:
> > Halo Wars 2 is better but the base campaign and maps are worse.
>
> I disagree about the campaign. Halo Wars 1 has the most boring gameplay of any halo campaign. I probably enjoy the Spartan assault series more. The gameplay is so linear and it feels like they don’t take the training wheels off until the last mission. Just my opinion though.
>
> I know it’s a matter of opinion but I just have a hard time understanding how someone could say the first one was better. The maps were better because variety of objective control was offered. That i can totally appreciate. But as for everything else I find 2 to be miles ahead of the first.

In my opinion, the characters in HW1 were much better fleshed out than in HW2. The cutscenes seemed better too and were much better paced/spread out than HW2’s. Even though the missions themselves weren’t the greatest ever, they made a good attempt at making them memorable.

I consider the maps in HW1 better because they felt quite distinct from each other with good art and variation in each. The creeps and objects unique to each map also made them more exciting compared to the bland HW2 maps.

I do think HW2 is better in every other way and overall is the better game. I also think ATN’s campaign was very good, but props need to be given to HW1 for including the Flood in the base game and for having more upgrades for units.

I do perfer HW2 over hw1 for obvious reasons but one thing that truly gets under my skin and annoys me and slows me down is the fact that you have to hit the B button to back out of every single menu. I remember in wars 1 you could hit left on the D Pad to jump to ur base, build something then simply press left again to hop to ur next base or hit down to your units. Now you have to cancel out every menu the D Pad should over ride that and make players a lot faster . Keeps the flow of the game better in my opinion.

Numbering bases, hw1 has it and HW2 does not. HW2 the buildings look very similar IMO plus it was always easier for me to remember I built airpad at 1 base, garage at 2nd etc etc… I also don’t like that minibases are tied in with main bases. Main bases should stay left on d Pad and mini bases should be right on d Pad. Problem solved. I tend to overshoot the base I want and have to cycle threw bases and minis when my bases look identical so I use the minimap but either way. Changing the hotkey solves this.

Also after selecting “all units” I found it hard to scroll threw your units on the bottom of the screen using the RT button. Someone recently taught me you can hold the RT down and use the Y button to scroll and wow, what a difference. Hw1 was fine with the RT alone.

The last thing is, the games still buggy. Especially when a game initially starts and I’ve also had many issues where I send marines to gather and they don’t take the command. Several times it takes for them to finally do it.

> 2533274812650916;11:
> > 2533275001759937;10:
> > Halo Wars 2 is better but the base campaign and maps are worse.
>
> I disagree about the campaign. Halo Wars 1 has the most boring gameplay of any halo campaign. I probably enjoy the Spartan assault series more. The gameplay is so linear and it feels like they don’t take the training wheels off until the last mission. Just my opinion though.

That’s because Halo Wars was the first console specific RTS. The campaigns in RTS’ have always served as glorified tutorials for the multiplayer. It’s just that in this instance you have to show a group of people who likely didn’t even know what an RTS was how to play a game that they didn’t know existed. You’re transitioning from a mainly FPS series to something that, even in the first games state, was infinitely more complex then what people were used to. If HW2 was just released now as the first game, it would probably be in the same condition.

In multiplayer HW 2 although the maps are worst than HW1, but in campaing I prefer HW1.

For me it’s Halo Wars 2, loved what they did,
Believe me I hated the new “New Covenant” At first.
However, when I learned 343 were trying their hand at a devastatingly new and deadly cool enemy, I tried it again, and realized it was an unrecognized masterpiece.
So was I frustrated with new Cutter, but you wouldn’t believe how shivered I was when he became my hero in that speech!
I may just sound like a Nostalgia Blind fan, but I’d be lying if I said I loved Halo Wars 1 evenly throughout all fields, but have a Really Concentrated Attachement to the qualities of this game.
Halo Wars 2 doesn’t get it right in all Areas, but when they get it right, they freakin carry me to a new level!
I know a lot of people would disagree with me though so if you have a counter, just say the word!

Other than that, great, fun Multiplayer, LOVE the new focus on Leaders, miss the Map gimmicks.
It’s all around a great game for me.

Halo Wars 1 is still a fantastic piece of art though and I respect both equally.

I would say they’re equal in the story, but HW2 didn’t have one story, it had two! (Spearbreaker doesn’t count because it had almost no story, but great gameplay)
I might say the multiplayer was balanced, great maps and awful balance in one and meh maps, leader diversity, and balance but HW2 has Terminus Firefight, Blitz, Blitz Firefight, Terminus Firefight, and Terminus Firefight…
Overall I like HW2 but HW1 was nothing short of great.

Halo Wars 2

LOVE HALO WARS2