Halo vs Bioshock

So I recently got the bioshock collection and played it for the first time. I have been a halo fan for many years now and as I was playing I thought to myself “What does the halo community think about Bioshock?” Now having beat every game in both series I find myself at a straight tie. Both games are equally awesome and I can’t decide. So which one do you like better? Write why you chose the one you did.

I would say that I prefer Halo over Bioshock, because I can rack up more playtime on it, but Bioshock is also amazing. I’ve beat them all and I used to play Bioshock 2’s multiplayer a lot as well. Is it still active, have you tried? Because I might buy the Bioshock Collection soon.

> 2535414420217156;1:
> So I recently got the bioshock collection and played it for the first time. I have been a halo fan for many years now and as I was playing I thought to myself “What does the halo community think about Bioshock?” Now having beat every game in both series I find myself at a straight tie. Both games are equally awesome and I can’t decide. So which one do you like better? Write why you chose the one you did.

First off, congrats on your first playthrough of the Bioshock series! In my opinion, probably the best series of singleplayer games out there, period.

I love Halo to death, and (by my evidence of posting here) I’m a total Halo fanboy.

But I have to say that Bioshock’s single player blows that of Halo out of the water. It isn’t necessarily a fair comparison, mostly because Halo isn’t just a single player game. But man is Bioshock mad good.

I can’t say I love one over the other, in the end. It’s like comparing my favorite comedy to my favorite action movie. They’re supposed to be (and are) different beasts with different objectives, so why compare them when I can enjoy them both equally?

Gotstaff, the Bioshock 2 multiplayer might be active on 360 (as in, supported) but it sure as hell isn’t or shouldn’t be played anymore. Kinda like the Dead Space 2 multiplayer.

Congratulations on your venture into Bioshock. I had a blast with all the Bioshocks. It is one of the few that I go back and play.

I have a feeling that this post will get blocked. For these types of threads some times turn into DEV bashing.

> 2535414420217156;1:
> So I recently got the bioshock collection and played it for the first time. I have been a halo fan for many years now and as I was playing I thought to myself “What does the halo community think about Bioshock?” Now having beat every game in both series I find myself at a straight tie. Both games are equally awesome and I can’t decide. So which one do you like better? Write why you chose the one you did.

I enjoy the story and replay value of halo.

> 2533274832402841;2:
> I would say that I prefer Halo over Bioshock, because I can rack up more playtime on it, but Bioshock is also amazing. I’ve beat them all and I used to play Bioshock 2’s multiplayer a lot as well. Is it still active, have you tried? Because I might buy the Bioshock Collection soon.

Yeah it’s active

> 2535414420217156;6:
> > 2533274832402841;2:
> > I would say that I prefer Halo over Bioshock, because I can rack up more playtime on it, but Bioshock is also amazing. I’ve beat them all and I used to play Bioshock 2’s multiplayer a lot as well. Is it still active, have you tried? Because I might buy the Bioshock Collection soon.
>
> Yeah it’s active

On the Xbox One as well?

> 2533274832402841;7:
> > 2535414420217156;6:
> > > 2533274832402841;2:
> > > I would say that I prefer Halo over Bioshock, because I can rack up more playtime on it, but Bioshock is also amazing. I’ve beat them all and I used to play Bioshock 2’s multiplayer a lot as well. Is it still active, have you tried? Because I might buy the Bioshock Collection soon.
> >
> > Yeah it’s active
>
> On the Xbox One as well?

Yes it should be I just played it but you have to have the remastered collection.

You will appreciate Fathom and Mercy more now that you’ve played Bioshock :slight_smile: they have some nice similarities.

Bioshock, Left 4 Dead, and Halo are my go to games. TitanFall 2 is proving itself but hasn’t earned to be in the aforementioned game company yet. That will be determined over time and how EA/Respawn monetize future content.

I’ve never played it myself, but they look like something I’d really enjoy. Story wise, it’s straight out of a dystopian novel (Which is really all I read) and gameplay wise it just looks fun.

I don’t care for Bioshock. Halo for the winz.

In terms of gameplay, I enjoy Halo more (in general). But collectively, I think I like the story and atmosphere of Bioshock more. The old-timey aspects, the horror elements, the good vs. evil decision-making…
I even quite enjoyed Bioshock 2, mostly because Eleanor is a total -Yoink!- and watching her extract ADAM from Splicers never got old.