Halo version of Pokémon go

Let me explain. We all like going around and catching Pokémon, now I ask you what do you say battling other plays and Ai from halo factions. It would work like this, you can pick three factions the Covenant, the Banished and the Unsc. The forerunners where left out because of technology differences at this time. Each player starts out with the smallest ship of each factions and work their way up. They can earn three different kinds of resources crew, building materials and slipe space fuel. Each can be used to upgrade a regional based that each faction has and the higher level of the base the more Ai resources you can call on like an additional battle group for defense or for personal use in you pick a bigger fight then you can handle. If you played any kind of app like Star Wars commander that’s how the regional base would look like.

Gameplay experience: when A player opens the app they see their fleet (their player). When the player walks around in the real world their fleet moves with them and they can find enemy Ai fleets to attack. Each Ai fleet comes in different strengths. Every victory makes the fleet stronger from experience and will gain you credits and one of the three materials. The crew and materials are for building ships and upgrading the regional base. The slipe space is for escaping battles you may loss to save your ship. Or can be used to to upgrade the regional bases able to send Ai to battle. If your ship is destroyed you will have a timer until it’s repaired and depending on the level of the regional base it can be a 15 mins or 5 mins( not actually time just times for conceptual thinking). The regional based in concept could be seen comparable to gyms.
Just an idea I had floating around. Feel free to give feedback, roast or just say it sounds like no man sky.

Its an interesting idea though I don’t think there would be enough of a fanbase to justify the time and effort to build the game. If this game came out around the same time as Halo Infinite when the hype is at its peak and the game was built flawlessly, I could see it working. Timing feels like the most important part of all this.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Cooooool

Nope. Just nope

It’s an interesting idea, and I appreciate the effort you put into it. Though, and correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Pokemon Go kinda drop in popularity pretty drastically? I ask because it was a big deal for like a couple months, and now I don’t hear anything about it at all. So for me, it seems like a lot of effort for a game that likely few would play in the first place. Plus, what you are describing might just work better as a simple online mobile game with no ARG elements or even just another RTS that focuses on fleet battles.

Cool idea, but no

Very interesting, kind of cool but the demographic behind this is already small. At that point I think people would prefer space battles in Halo Wars 3 then an app game.

If I can’t catch Lord Hood in a Pokeball, I’m not sure that I want it.

> 2535435902217648;5:
> It’s an interesting idea, and I appreciate the effort you put into it. Though, and correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Pokemon Go kinda drop in popularity pretty drastically? I ask because it was a big deal for like a couple months, and now I don’t hear anything about it at all. So for me, it seems like a lot of effort for a game that likely few would play in the first place. Plus, what you are describing might just work better as a simple online mobile game with no ARG elements or even just another RTS that focuses on fleet battles.

At some point every mobile game drops in popularity, that seems to be the nature of the market, but Pokémon Go is still raking in tons of money. It’s making millions every year. That being said I’d rather not see a similar experience for Halo. It would seem obviously appear derivative of other games’ success and that never bodes well with me.

> 2717573882290912;9:
> > 2535435902217648;5:
> > It’s an interesting idea, and I appreciate the effort you put into it. Though, and correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Pokemon Go kinda drop in popularity pretty drastically? I ask because it was a big deal for like a couple months, and now I don’t hear anything about it at all. So for me, it seems like a lot of effort for a game that likely few would play in the first place. Plus, what you are describing might just work better as a simple online mobile game with no ARG elements or even just another RTS that focuses on fleet battles.
>
> At some point every mobile game drops in popularity, that seems to be the nature of the market, but Pokémon Go is still raking in tons of money. It’s making millions every year. That being said I’d rather not see a similar experience for Halo. It would seem obviously appear derivative of other games’ success and that never bodes well with me.

Indeed.

As a short term ARG experience in the Infinite release cycle I’m sure there’s something they could do which would be awesome, but not sure a full Pokemon Go type experience would be right for the franchise

I like the idea that special events could include things like entire real life cities being glassed and invaded. Sounds surprisingly epic tbh.

I would not play it. How would you have an HCS tournament by walking around and being in the same area?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274800168045;8:
> If I can’t catch Lord Hood in a Pokeball, I’m not sure that I want it.

You would be catching energy swords and plasma pistols.

I would be down for some Halo GO.
If they make it right why not.