Halo Universe and the Coast Guard

Hello everyone, Lupin here, for a while I’ve been gone. 2+ months to be exact, it’s because I’ve been in the Coast Guard bootcamp, fully graduated and at my first unit, I’m serving my country and being as big a Halo fanatic as I was as a civilian.

I was curious, and wanted some wheels in people’s heads to be spinning, Is there not any coast guard in the Halo universe? For sure I know there’s an Air Force (not sure what they do exactly) Army (Reach) Navy (Spartan II and III) and Marines (ODST and Spartan IV)

I’m curious if the halo creators just thought they’d just be merged with the Navy, but I know that wouldn’t be right because although similar, the coast guard does have its unique traits different than the Navy.

Maybe bungie wasnt worrying about it and wanted to highlight the big 4 popular ones, and in no way am I trying to brag about the coast guard. (Coast Guard does what it does not for glory, but because it needs to be done)

Now that 343i has taken the helm and is going in way more depth with the lore, id like to know what happened to the coast guard, also I know a lot of these in game branches are based more so on the United States Military.

Thoughts?

> 2533274871929668;1:
> Hello everyone, Lupin here, for a while I’ve been gone. 2+ months to be exact, it’s because I’ve been in the Coast Guard bootcamp, fully graduated and at my first unit, I’m serving my country and being as big a Halo fanatic as I was as a civilian.
>
> I was curious, and wanted some wheels in people’s heads to be spinning, Is there not any coast guard in the Halo universe? For sure I know there’s an Air Force (not sure what they do exactly) Army (Reach) Navy (Spartan II and III) and Marines (ODST and Spartan IV)
>
> I’m curious if the halo creators just thought they’d just be merged with the Navy, but I know that wouldn’t be right because although similar, the coast guard does have its unique traits different than the Navy.
>
> Maybe bungie wasnt worrying about it and wanted to highlight the big 4 popular ones, and in no way am I trying to brag about the coast guard. (Coast Guard does what it does not for glory, but because it needs to be done)
>
> Now that 343i has taken the helm and is going in way more depth with the lore, id like to know what happened to the coast guard, also I know a lot of these in game branches are based more so on the United States Military.
>
> Thoughts?

One correction, Spartan IVs are their own branch of service.

Other than that, Coasties occupy a non-combatant, life preserving, role within the modern military. Maybe there would be patrols running before and after the Covenant war, protecting against piracy and rescuing ships in distress, like the current CG, but that wouldn’t have the same draw, in theory, as a game or novel about combat.

> 2535411711152989;2:
> > 2533274871929668;1:
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> Other than that, Coasties occupy a non-combatant, life preserving, role within the modern military. Maybe there would be patrols running before and after the Covenant war, protecting against piracy and rescuing ships in distress, like the current CG, but that wouldn’t have the same draw, in theory, as a game or novel about combat.

Not sure what coast guard your are on about, but the US coast guard operates beyond everything you said, working closely with homeland security and Alphabet agency’s (engagement and detaining of smugglers, with powers to seize or destroy a ship or vessel that threatens US borders)
edit: clarify, coastguard implies widely different responsibilities in different countries, from being a heavily armed military force with customs and security duties to being a volunteer organization tasked with search and rescue functions and lacking any law enforcement powers.

OP: if there is a “coast guard” we’ve seen them (indirectly) in the form of border security operating out of a checkpoint on Sedra. Though not directly called coast guard they are pretty much doing the same thing but on a plant wide scale. -2nd story Halo: Nightfall: Rhoen Border Security

but there has never been a direct reference to a “Coast Guard” authority/branch

> 2535411711152989;2:
> > 2533274871929668;1:
> > Hello everyone, Lupin here, for a while I’ve been gone. 2+ months to be exact, it’s because I’ve been in the Coast Guard bootcamp, fully graduated and at my first unit, I’m serving my country and being as big a Halo fanatic as I was as a civilian.
> >
> > I was curious, and wanted some wheels in people’s heads to be spinning, Is there not any coast guard in the Halo universe? For sure I know there’s an Air Force (not sure what they do exactly) Army (Reach) Navy (Spartan II and III) and Marines (ODST and Spartan IV)
> >
> > I’m curious if the halo creators just thought they’d just be merged with the Navy, but I know that wouldn’t be right because although similar, the coast guard does have its unique traits different than the Navy.
> >
> > Maybe bungie wasnt worrying about it and wanted to highlight the big 4 popular ones, and in no way am I trying to brag about the coast guard. (Coast Guard does what it does not for glory, but because it needs to be done)
> >
> > Now that 343i has taken the helm and is going in way more depth with the lore, id like to know what happened to the coast guard, also I know a lot of these in game branches are based more so on the United States Military.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> One correction, Spartan IVs are their own branch of service.
>
> Other than that, Coasties occupy a non-combatant, life preserving, role within the modern military. Maybe there would be patrols running before and after the Covenant war, protecting against piracy and rescuing ships in distress, like the current CG, but that wouldn’t have the same draw, in theory, as a game or novel about combat.

Non Combatant? Tell that to my shipmates out in South West Asia or anyone dealing with drug smugglers or pirates lol

> 2533274830366691;3:
> > 2535411711152989;2:
> > > 2533274871929668;1:
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > Other than that, Coasties occupy a non-combatant, life preserving, role within the modern military. Maybe there would be patrols running before and after the Covenant war, protecting against piracy and rescuing ships in distress, like the current CG, but that wouldn’t have the same draw, in theory, as a game or novel about combat.
>
>
> Not sure what coast guard your are on about, but the US coast guard operates beyond everything you said, working closely with homeland security and Alphabet agency’s (engagement and detaining of smugglers, with powers to seize or destroy a ship or vessel that threatens US borders)
> edit: clarify, coastguard implies widely different responsibilities in different countries, from being a heavily armed military force with customs and security duties to being a volunteer organization tasked with search and rescue functions and lacking any law enforcement powers.
>
> OP: if there is a “coast guard” we’ve seen them (indirectly) in the form of border security operating out of a checkpoint on Sedra. Though not directly called coast guard they are pretty much doing the same thing but on a plant wide scale. -2nd story Halo: Nightfall: Rhoen Border Security
>
> but there has never been a direct reference to a “Coast Guard” authority/branch

That’s what I thought, the never been a reference part, I’d like to see 343i’s take on this matter.

What do you mean -2nd story?

> 2533274830366691;3:
> > 2535411711152989;2:
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > Other than that, Coasties occupy a non-combatant, life preserving, role within the modern military. Maybe there would be patrols running before and after the Covenant war, protecting against piracy and rescuing ships in distress, like the current CG, but that wouldn’t have the same draw, in theory, as a game or novel about combat.
>
>
> Not sure what coast guard your are on about, but the US coast guard operates beyond everything you said, working closely with homeland security and Alphabet agency’s (engagement and detaining of smugglers, with powers to seize or destroy a ship or vessel that threatens US borders)
> edit: clarify, coastguard implies widely different responsibilities in different countries, from being a heavily armed military force with customs and security duties to being a volunteer organization tasked with search and rescue functions and lacking any law enforcement powers.
>
> OP: if there is a “coast guard” we’ve seen them (indirectly) in the form of border security operating out of a checkpoint on Sedra. Though not directly called coast guard they are pretty much doing the same thing but on a plant wide scale. -2nd story Halo: Nightfall: Rhoen Border Security
>
> but there has never been a direct reference to a “Coast Guard” authority/branch

That’s what I mean, the US Coast Guard protects the seas and doesn’t wage war. Unless you know of them being in Iraq or Afghanistan along with the Navy. They interdict on, like you said, security and customs issues, but they don’t wage war.

I admit I don’t know about other Coast Guard equivalents around the world but I was just speaking about the US Coast Guard.

> 2535411711152989;5:
> > 2533274830366691;3:
> > > 2535411711152989;2:
> > > > 2533274871929668;1:
> > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > >
> > > Other than that, Coasties occupy a non-combatant, life preserving, role within the modern military. Maybe there would be patrols running before and after the Covenant war, protecting against piracy and rescuing ships in distress, like the current CG, but that wouldn’t have the same draw, in theory, as a game or novel about combat.
> >
> >
> > Not sure what coast guard your are on about, but the US coast guard operates beyond everything you said, working closely with homeland security and Alphabet agency’s (engagement and detaining of smugglers, with powers to seize or destroy a ship or vessel that threatens US borders)
> > edit: clarify, coastguard implies widely different responsibilities in different countries, from being a heavily armed military force with customs and security duties to being a volunteer organization tasked with search and rescue functions and lacking any law enforcement powers.
> >
> > OP: if there is a “coast guard” we’ve seen them (indirectly) in the form of border security operating out of a checkpoint on Sedra. Though not directly called coast guard they are pretty much doing the same thing but on a plant wide scale. -2nd story Halo: Nightfall: Rhoen Border Security
> >
> > but there has never been a direct reference to a “Coast Guard” authority/branch
>
>
> That’s what I mean, the US Coast Guard protects the seas and doesn’t wage war. Unless you know of them being in Iraq or Afghanistan along with the Navy. They interdict on, like you said, security and customs issues, but they don’t wage war.
>
> I admit I don’t know about other Coast Guard equivalents around the world but I was just speaking about the US Coast Guard.

No branch on its own wages war lol But yes coast guard does operate overseas. Like I said my shipmates are in South East Asia, Europe, Guam, Russia, etc.

Hell in world War 2 the USCG sunk several German U-boats.

Anyway! Coast Guard in Halo!

> 2535411711152989;2:
> > 2533274871929668;1:
> > Hello everyone, Lupin here, for a while I’ve been gone. 2+ months to be exact, it’s because I’ve been in the Coast Guard bootcamp, fully graduated and at my first unit, I’m serving my country and being as big a Halo fanatic as I was as a civilian.
> >
> > I was curious, and wanted some wheels in people’s heads to be spinning, Is there not any coast guard in the Halo universe? For sure I know there’s an Air Force (not sure what they do exactly) Army (Reach) Navy (Spartan II and III) and Marines (ODST and Spartan IV)
> >
> > I’m curious if the halo creators just thought they’d just be merged with the Navy, but I know that wouldn’t be right because although similar, the coast guard does have its unique traits different than the Navy.
> >
> > Maybe bungie wasnt worrying about it and wanted to highlight the big 4 popular ones, and in no way am I trying to brag about the coast guard. (Coast Guard does what it does not for glory, but because it needs to be done)
> >
> > Now that 343i has taken the helm and is going in way more depth with the lore, id like to know what happened to the coast guard, also I know a lot of these in game branches are based more so on the United States Military.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> One correction, Spartan IVs are their own branch of service.
>

Very well said

> 2533274871929668;1:
> Hello everyone, Lupin here, for a while I’ve been gone. 2+ months to be exact, it’s because I’ve been in the Coast Guard bootcamp, fully graduated and at my first unit, I’m serving my country and being as big a Halo fanatic as I was as a civilian.
>
> I was curious, and wanted some wheels in people’s heads to be spinning, Is there not any coast guard in the Halo universe? For sure I know there’s an Air Force (not sure what they do exactly) Army (Reach) Navy (Spartan II and III) and Marines (ODST and Spartan IV)
>
> I’m curious if the halo creators just thought they’d just be merged with the Navy, but I know that wouldn’t be right because although similar, the coast guard does have its unique traits different than the Navy.
>
> Maybe bungie wasnt worrying about it and wanted to highlight the big 4 popular ones, and in no way am I trying to brag about the coast guard. (Coast Guard does what it does not for glory, but because it needs to be done)
>
> Now that 343i has taken the helm and is going in way more depth with the lore, id like to know what happened to the coast guard, also I know a lot of these in game branches are based more so on the United States Military.
>
> Thoughts?

First off congrats on finishing basic! I just finished Basic Cadet Training at the Air Force Academy myself a few months ago, and it is a major accomplishment.

There hasn’t been any mention of a Coast Guard type organization in halo yet, but you’re totally right on the parallels. The UNSC and US Military branches both seem to have identical roles to their real life counterparts. It could be that the Coast Guards role was absorbed into the Air Force, Navy, and Various colonial forces, with the Air Force and Navy taking the military role of the guard (although the Navy also was seen to preform boarding roles in the insurrection, and it can be presumed the Air Force did the same) and the colonial forces (which seem to be a a combination of national guard/milita) performing some of the more primarily law enforcement roles.

Frankly there should be a be a dedicated coast guard force, especially now that there is an external and expeditionary threat for the Air Force and Navy to fight (one of the major rationales for the Navy was to fight piracy, which domestically is a law enforcement role, which the Coast Guard would take the lead on). If anything I would guess the UEG would have some sort of law enforcement agency, even if it’s not military (personally it should have military status).

> 2535411711152989;5:
> > 2533274830366691;3:
> > > > Thoughts?
>
>
> That’s what I mean, the US Coast Guard protects the seas and doesn’t wage war. Unless you know of them being in Iraq or Afghanistan along with the Navy. They interdict on, like you said, security and customs issues, but they don’t wage war.
>
> I admit I don’t know about other Coast Guard equivalents around the world but I was just speaking about the US Coast Guard.

To interdict a vessel is a military action and a act of warfare be it offensive or defence, Tactical or operation (on patrol).

Regardless they do more then that. U.S cost guard where integral to the INVASION of Iwo Jima during the WWII. Nine hundred vessels sailed in the numerous task groups in support of the Allied invasion. These ships carried an expeditionary force of over 70,000 Marines, nearly 4,000 men in the naval landing force, and over 36,000 garrison troops to attack the 21,000 Japanese defenders. The Allies set 19 February as D-Day. The assault forces arrived off the southeast side of the island to make landings at seven predetermined beaches stretching only 3,500 yards. Included in these vessels were the attack transports Bayfield (APA-33) and the Callaway (APA-35). Eighteen LSTs and the submarine chaser PC-469, all manned by the Coast Guard, also participated in the landings.

> 2535470440995877;8:
> > 2533274871929668;1:
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
>
> First off congrats on finishing basic! I just finished Basic Cadet Training at the Air Force Academy myself a few months ago, and it is a major accomplishment.
>
> There hasn’t been any mention of a Coast Guard type organization in halo yet, but you’re totally right on the parallels. The UNSC and US Military branches both seem to have identical roles to their real life counterparts. It could be that the Coast Guards role was absorbed into the Air Force, Navy, and Various colonial forces, with the Air Force and Navy taking the military role of the guard (although the Navy also was seen to preform boarding roles in the insurrection, and it can be presumed the Air Force did the same) and the colonial forces (which seem to be a a combination of national guard/milita) performing some of the more primarily law enforcement roles.
>
> Frankly there should be a be a dedicated coast guard force, especially now that there is an external and expeditionary threat for the Air Force and Navy to fight (one of the major rationales for the Navy was to fight piracy, which domestically is a law enforcement role, which the Coast Guard would take the lead on). If anything I would guess the UEG would have some sort of law enforcement agency, even if it’s not military (personally it should have military status).

Congrats to yourself! Perhaps 343i could enlighten us on the matter.

> 2533274830366691;9:
> > 2535411711152989;5:
> > > 2533274830366691;3:
> > > > 2535411711152989;2:
> > > > > 2533274871929668;1:
> > > > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > That’s what I mean, the US Coast Guard protects the seas and doesn’t wage war. Unless you know of them being in Iraq or Afghanistan along with the Navy. They interdict on, like you said, security and customs issues, but they don’t wage war.
> >
> > I admit I don’t know about other Coast Guard equivalents around the world but I was just speaking about the US Coast Guard.
>
>
> To interdict a vessel is a military action and a act of warfare be it offensive or defence, Tactical or operation (on patrol).
>
> Regardless they do more then that. U.S cost guard where integral to the INVASION of Iwo Jima during the WWII. Nine hundred vessels sailed in the numerous task groups in support of the Allied invasion. These ships carried an expeditionary force of over 70,000 Marines, nearly 4,000 men in the naval landing force, and over 36,000 garrison troops to attack the 21,000 Japanese defenders. The Allies set 19 February as D-Day. The assault forces arrived off the southeast side of the island to make landings at seven predetermined beaches stretching only 3,500 yards. Included in these vessels were the attack transports Bayfield (APA-33) and the Callaway (APA-35). Eighteen LSTs and the submarine chaser PC-469, all manned by the Coast Guard, also participated in the landings.

If it’s intridected in a law enforcement setting then it’s not an act of war. That’s why the USCG does that and the Navy generally does not.

Thanks for pointing out all of the valuable things the CG has done over the years. They are just as critical to our national security and Armed Forces as all the other branches. There are Coast Guardsmen who are deployed all across the world defending the US.

> 2535470440995877;11:
> > 2533274830366691;9:
> > > 2535411711152989;5:
> > > > 2533274830366691;3:
> > > > > 2535411711152989;2:
> > > > > > 2533274871929668;1:
> > > > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s what I mean, the US Coast Guard protects the seas and doesn’t wage war. Unless you know of them being in Iraq or Afghanistan along with the Navy. They interdict on, like you said, security and customs issues, but they don’t wage war.
> > >
> > > I admit I don’t know about other Coast Guard equivalents around the world but I was just speaking about the US Coast Guard.
> >
> >
> > To interdict a vessel is a military action and a act of warfare be it offensive or defence, Tactical or operation (on patrol).
> >
> > Regardless they do more then that. U.S cost guard where integral to the INVASION of Iwo Jima during the WWII. Nine hundred vessels sailed in the numerous task groups in support of the Allied invasion. These ships carried an expeditionary force of over 70,000 Marines, nearly 4,000 men in the naval landing force, and over 36,000 garrison troops to attack the 21,000 Japanese defenders. The Allies set 19 February as D-Day. The assault forces arrived off the southeast side of the island to make landings at seven predetermined beaches stretching only 3,500 yards. Included in these vessels were the attack transports Bayfield (APA-33) and the Callaway (APA-35). Eighteen LSTs and the submarine chaser PC-469, all manned by the Coast Guard, also participated in the landings.
>
>
> If it’s intridected in a law enforcement setting then it’s not an act of war. That’s why the USCG does that and the Navy generally does not.
>
> Thanks for pointing out all of the valuable things the CG has done over the years. They are just as critical to our national security and Armed Forces as all the other branches. There are Coast Guardsmen who are deployed all across the world defending the US.

Yup yup, and I’ve been told in bootcamp about the British navy needing our help for something too. shipmates of mine will be going as far from South America to Japan to Europe, etc. We’re all over the place doing law enforcement but will participate in a war if needed.

I know the UNSC does have a wet navy in addition to the space one, the Coast Guard might’ve been integrated into that.

> 2533274830366691;9:
> > 2535411711152989;5:
> > > 2533274830366691;3:
> > > > 2535411711152989;2:
> > > > > 2533274871929668;1:
> > > > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > That’s what I mean, the US Coast Guard protects the seas and doesn’t wage war. Unless you know of them being in Iraq or Afghanistan along with the Navy. They interdict on, like you said, security and customs issues, but they don’t wage war.
> >
> > I admit I don’t know about other Coast Guard equivalents around the world but I was just speaking about the US Coast Guard.
>
>
> To interdict a vessel is a military action and a act of warfare be it offensive or defence, Tactical or operation (on patrol).
>
> Regardless they do more then that. U.S cost guard where integral to the INVASION of Iwo Jima during the WWII. Nine hundred vessels sailed in the numerous task groups in support of the Allied invasion. These ships carried an expeditionary force of over 70,000 Marines, nearly 4,000 men in the naval landing force, and over 36,000 garrison troops to attack the 21,000 Japanese defenders. The Allies set 19 February as D-Day. The assault forces arrived off the southeast side of the island to make landings at seven predetermined beaches stretching only 3,500 yards. Included in these vessels were the attack transports Bayfield (APA-33) and the Callaway (APA-35). Eighteen LSTs and the submarine chaser PC-469, all manned by the Coast Guard, also participated in the landings.

The world wars are different, simply based on scale. Since then, how many wars have they been involved in? Not securing the coasts around the war, like your pals in Asia right now, actually doing the same jobs you mention above?

> 2535411711152989;14:
> > 2533274830366691;9:
> > > 2535411711152989;5:
> > > > 2533274830366691;3:
> > > > > 2535411711152989;2:
> > > > > > 2533274871929668;1:
> > > > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s what I mean, the US Coast Guard protects the seas and doesn’t wage war. Unless you know of them being in Iraq or Afghanistan along with the Navy. They interdict on, like you said, security and customs issues, but they don’t wage war.
> > >
> > > I admit I don’t know about other Coast Guard equivalents around the world but I was just speaking about the US Coast Guard.
> >
> >
> > To interdict a vessel is a military action and a act of warfare be it offensive or defence, Tactical or operation (on patrol).
> >
> > Regardless they do more then that. U.S cost guard where integral to the INVASION of Iwo Jima during the WWII. Nine hundred vessels sailed in the numerous task groups in support of the Allied invasion. These ships carried an expeditionary force of over 70,000 Marines, nearly 4,000 men in the naval landing force, and over 36,000 garrison troops to attack the 21,000 Japanese defenders. The Allies set 19 February as D-Day. The assault forces arrived off the southeast side of the island to make landings at seven predetermined beaches stretching only 3,500 yards. Included in these vessels were the attack transports Bayfield (APA-33) and the Callaway (APA-35). Eighteen LSTs and the submarine chaser PC-469, all manned by the Coast Guard, also participated in the landings.
>
>
> The world wars are different, simply based on scale. Since then, how many wars have they been involved in? Not securing the coasts around the war, like your pals in Asia right now, actually doing the same jobs you mention above?

Coast Guard in the first and second “Gulf War”. There is even a CG Reserve specialty that deals specifically with port security, and those reservists are only called up in “war time”, and they are deployed to war zones and expect to do combat if required.

I was pointing out the fallacy that you said they do not “wage war”. They have been present at every US conflict since 1812 and even assisted the army in land locked Afghanistan in a logistical role.

funny thing about military branchs… they record all their battles and engagements!

I don’t have any comment about your Halo universe question but thanks for your service!

Coast Guard is 100% not a branch of the UNSC military. However that doesn’t mean it is nonexistent. My educated guess is that each colony has a coast Guard if they feel they need it (some might not have oceans, we don’t know about all 800 colonies). Just like all colonies have their own militia, police, firefighters,etc I think each colony has their own coast guard.
Edit P.S. thank you for your service

Coast guard was probably modernized into “planet defense fleets” or something along that line.

Good job getting in the coast guard… they are frigging picky suckers when it comes to selecting people. Especially these days… with like 6-12+ months of wait time…

I would think just regular marine type soldiers would act as coast guard.

> 2533274871929668;4:
> > 2535411711152989;2:
> > > Hello everyone, Lupin here, for a while I’ve been gone. 2+ months to be exact, it’s because I’ve been in the Coast Guard bootcamp, fully graduated and at my first unit, I’m serving my country and being as big a Halo fanatic as I was as a civilian.
> > >
> > > I was curious, and wanted some wheels in people’s heads to be spinning, Is there not any coast guard in the Halo universe? For sure I know there’s an Air Force (not sure what they do exactly) Army (Reach) Navy (Spartan II and III) and Marines (ODST and Spartan IV)
> > >
> > > I’m curious if the halo creators just thought they’d just be merged with the Navy, but I know that wouldn’t be right because although similar, the coast guard does have its unique traits different than the Navy.
> > >
> > > Maybe bungie wasnt worrying about it and wanted to highlight the big 4 popular ones, and in no way am I trying to brag about the coast guard. (Coast Guard does what it does not for glory, but because it needs to be done)
> > >
> > > Now that 343i has taken the helm and is going in way more depth with the lore, id like to know what happened to the coast guard, also I know a lot of these in game branches are based more so on the United States Military.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> >
> > One correction, Spartan IVs are their own branch of service.
> >
>
>
> Non Combatant? Tell that to my shipmates out in South West Asia or anyone dealing with drug smugglers or pirates lol
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274830366691;3:
> > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > >
> > > Other than that, Coasties occupy a non-combatant, life preserving, role within the modern military. Maybe there would be patrols running before and after the Covenant war, protecting against piracy and rescuing ships in distress, like the current CG, but that wouldn’t have the same draw, in theory, as a game or novel about combat.
> >
> >
> > Not sure what coast guard your are on about, but the US coast guard operates beyond everything you said, working closely with homeland security and Alphabet agency’s (engagement and detaining of smugglers, with powers to seize or destroy a ship or vessel that threatens US borders)
> > edit: clarify, coastguard implies widely different responsibilities in different countries, from being a heavily armed military force with customs and security duties to being a volunteer organization tasked with search and rescue functions and lacking any law enforcement powers.
> >
> > OP: if there is a “coast guard” we’ve seen them (indirectly) in the form of border security operating out of a checkpoint on Sedra. Though not directly called coast guard they are pretty much doing the same thing but on a plant wide scale. -2nd story Halo: Nightfall: Rhoen Border Security
> >
> > but there has never been a direct reference to a “Coast Guard” authority/branch
>
>
> That’s what I thought, the never been a reference part, I’d like to see 343i’s take on this matter.
>
> What do you mean -2nd story?

Second story is a sub story in halo nightfall this can be found on the halo channel if you have a digital copy or on the DVDs extras