Halo trilogies need better cutscenes.

By that I mean that they need better action cutscenes like in Halo Wars, a real eye opener. I mean look at Forge, he wasn’t even a spartan and he took down the Arbiter so skillfully. Isn’t 343i trying to improve Spartans and make you feel like a walking tank? Well the gameplay sure isn’t going to give me that feel, so what better way than through cutscenes?

Halo Wars cut scene’s = Linky Linky

I’ve enjoyed the cutscenes through the original trilogy. I thought they were a nice reward for seeing a chapter through.

That being said, more cutscenes or even more detail in them would be amazing.

Forge stabbed the Arbiter in the eye and stabbed him with an energy sword while he was reeling from the shock, I wouldn’t say it was “skillfully”. After all he was getting his -Yoink- kicked before.

But epic action cutscenes are a must.

I would much rather stick with emotional than “epic” (and I use that word lightly).

I like the previous cutscenes, but I agree, I’d like to see some nice action like in Wars and the trailers, even Scanned.

> Forge stabbed the Arbiter in the eye and stabbed him with an energy sword while he was reeling from the shock, I wouldn’t say it was “skillfully”. After all he was getting his -Yoink!- kicked before.
>
> But epic action cutscenes are a must.

Dat gut punch…

> Forge stabbed the Arbiter in the eye and stabbed him with an energy sword while he was reeling from the shock, I wouldn’t say it was “skillfully”. After all he was getting his -Yoink!- kicked before.
>
> But epic action cutscenes are a must.

I think he stabbed him in the throat?

> > Forge stabbed the Arbiter in the eye and stabbed him with an energy sword while he was reeling from the shock, I wouldn’t say it was “skillfully”. After all he was getting his -Yoink!- kicked before.
> >
> > But epic action cutscenes are a must.
>
> I think he stabbed him in the throat?

Yeah, I think that is it. I must be confusing that with Fred stabbing the Elite in the eye in Halo: Legends. Still, Ripa was shocked by it.

^I believe it was in the jaw, right in the mandible. It was too high for the throat.

In Halo Wars, the cut scenes was epic, because you don’t get to see the battles like that in normal game play, where as the other Halos, it’s all FPS, so you get to see epic battle in and out of cut scenes, but the developers try to leave the epic battles out side of cut scenes for players to fight in.

Have you not seen the Halo 4 cutscene snippets 343i have been putting out? To me it looks a huge leap over the previous trilogy, I’m seriously impressed with the production standard 343i have set themselves.

Halo in game and in cut scenes has never looked so great or silky smooth either.

But Chief gave the Covenant their bomb back, that was pretty epic.

Overall the cutscenes were good in halo wars but that one particular cutscene, when the Elites attacked the spartans, it was just ridiculous… They were charging with STICKS and all in a row like in the 16th century, and they also had camo at their disposal and yet they just deactivated it and mindlessly charged against the spartans who were having their own circus show doing flips and jumps… Come on…

Also the Arbiter could’ve so many times easily killed Forge, I mean, I don’t know how many times he held him by his head or Forge was lying on the ground. I also imagine fighting against an Elite is comparable to having wrestling with a bear, and that doesn’t usually end well for a human, and don’t forget to give the bear high tech armour, energy weapons, invisibility and a more efficient brain.

There are so many things in those cutscenes that are typical to an average, cheesy, american action movie.

Its hard to judge since the first two games were on previous gen consoles but they have been getting better. I think with Halo 4 the cut scenes will be really well done to go along with 343’s emphasis on expanding the Halo canon as much as possible

What does this have to do with halo 4? But since you brought up. The cut scenes look awesome.