Halo tips and tricks

I thought this might help beginners or people who are having trouble on certain parts of any of the Halo games
so they can get some help and learn some new tricks or discuss tricks we learned ourselves this is for any Halo game and mode that someone needs help with.

> 2535425305181079;1:
> I thought this might help beginners or people who are having trouble on certain parts of any of the Halo games
> so they can get some help and learn some new tricks or discuss tricks we learned ourselves.

Which Halo title are you referring to? As all of the tips and tricks are widely different in their own respect from one game to the next.

Are you talking about multiplayer or campaign? Is it a mixture of both?

I’m happy to throw out some tips and tricks but my advice isn’t going to have any substance if it’s not what someone’s looking for you know.

Halo Reach multiplayer specifically: when trying to stick someone who is moving laterally up close (and take them with you if you’re about to get killed), throw your grenade ‘across’ their body in an almost sweeping motion starting from the direction they are moving into and across them to where they began. This way you have a better chance of it sticking onto some part of their body instead of throwing it directly at where they’re standing and missing since they’re no longer there. The latter only works if they are moving straight towards you (for instance with a shotgun) or of course standing still which I doubt they would be.

It’s easier to just not play LASO :wink:

(Thank you for letting me know) Its for any Halo game and any mode this is intended for beginners but also for everyone and sorry I wasn’t more specific I edited the post

I can’t think of any but should I give them my old play swat to learn how to get good at headshots tip?

Any tips or tricks you want to tell people about like easter eggs or different ways to defeat enemies etc.

Well, I personally made myself learn no scoping in firefight on legendary or heroic

Aim high and it’ll be hard to miss the head.
If you constantly miss shots, lower your sensitivity. If you can’t turn fast enough to combat someone who is to your right shooting you, increase your sensitivity.
Trying to run over everyone in a Ghost can be risky. Use your plasma!
Most players focus too much on their radar. Stealth is viable even in 4v4.
Dying too much? Keep getting ganked? try following a teammate very closely, it’ll double your odds of survival.

More tips for close quarters: always melee after you blast someone with a shotgun. If the initial blast doesn’t kill them, your follow up hit will likely finish the job and since are in close enough to be using the shotgun, you will lunge towards them slightly to close the distance and hit them. This will become second nature after no time.

Remember that sniper rifle rounds to the body are very damaging so if someone approaches you and catches you off guard and you have no time to switch to your secondary weapon, try and shoot them in the body as it’s a much bigger target than the head so should be slightly easier to do without your scope then follow up with a pummel to take them out. With enough practice this can become quite reliable.

If you’re a fan of Reach and you want to get good at headshots play some living dead.

That’s how I got gud back in the day anyway, just spent a whole summer with my mates playing zombies every day, by the end of it I could headshot a spartan rolling over a ramp at 600mph blindfolded

Howdy. Could use some tips on how to get past the last ground section Truth & Reconciliation in (Halo CE), legendary. The part where you’re at the grav lift and have to fend off several waves of Covenant with a group of marines. I get pretty deep using the plasma cannon, but as the marines die off I eventually get flanked and die. Not sure if I should be saving sniper rounds or something, but it’s quite a scrum. I usually am on the back end of the circle near the ledge - often cuz I have to grab the health pack. Any tips? Thx.

> 2535441504022513;12:
> Howdy. Could use some tips on how to get past the last ground section Truth & Reconciliation in (Halo CE), legendary. The part where you’re at the grav lift and have to fend off several waves of Covenant with a group of marines. I get pretty deep using the plasma cannon, but as the marines die off I eventually get flanked and die. Not sure if I should be saving sniper rounds or something, but it’s quite a scrum. I usually am on the back end of the circle near the ledge - often cuz I have to grab the health pack. Any tips? Thx.

There is one or two tips I have that could help overall, the first one being the unlimited ammo bug, to do this when you have to reload like say a sniper rifle quickly swap it for another weapon on the ground and after about 5-7 seconds you’ll have a full magazine at no expense to ammo you just have to repeat the process. The second is that the plasma rifle in CE is actually pretty good even on legendary which I honestly prefer over the magnum weirdly enough. A third tip for that section is with the unlimited ammo bug just camp at the place you entered the area into so you can just snipe from a safe place

Had to edit it because I accidentally pressed submit when typing this out

> 2535447291443771;13:
> > 2535441504022513;12:
> >
>
> There is one or two tips I have that could help overall, the first one being the unlimited ammo bug, to do this when you have to reload like say a sniper rifle quickly swap it for another weapon on the ground and after about 5-7 seconds you’ll have a full magazine at no expense to ammo you just have to repeat the process.

Good tips, thank you FightingFish. Question: Does this work on Steam? I can’t quite seem to make it work. Do you swap and then swap back super quick? Or do you - while reloading the snipe - switch for a gun on the ground, wait 5-7, and then pick the snipe back up?

I’m no pro but try to always pay attention to what you are aiming at with your crosshair, even if you are not fighting at the moment.

I got the timing down - thanks so much Fighting Fish.

WackierSpring - always a good idea, thank you.

> 2535441504022513;14:
> > 2535447291443771;13:
> > > 2535441504022513;12:
> > >
> >
> > There is one or two tips I have that could help overall, the first one being the unlimited ammo bug, to do this when you have to reload like say a sniper rifle quickly swap it for another weapon on the ground and after about 5-7 seconds you’ll have a full magazine at no expense to ammo you just have to repeat the process.
>
> Good tips, thank you FightingFish. Question: Does this work on Steam? I can’t quite seem to make it work. Do you swap and then swap back super quick? Or do you - while reloading the snipe - switch for a gun on the ground, wait 5-7, and then pick the snipe back up?

While reloading you switch to a gun on the ground then wait the 5-7 which it could be a little longer for that but after waiting you pick it up, if you do it super quick it cancels the glitch, I’ve only tried this on console but it should work on steam to.

Edit: Seen were you said you got the time down, it’s really useful for rockets to but sadly doesn’t work for every weapon

Then main tip I would like to share is to thing like the devs as they do usually have the deepest knowledge about the game and how it’s intended to be played. For instance, if you use a weapon, think about how the devs intended that the weapon should be used.

This infinite ammo trick is interesting. It’s really an infinite clip trick. Very different for the assault rifle vs. the sniper rifle (only 4 shots per clip). To keep the sniper for a whole level like Truth & Reconcilliation you have to really nurse it - every 3-4 shots double back refresh the clip. Little things like making sure you had an alternate weapon nearby in safe spot is important. And something different than the other on in your hand so you can switch out. Was painstaking but still fun and pretty necessary for me TBH - got to be a bit more methodical on a level that to me is a big jump in difficulty from the previous level.