Halo Time Trails gamemode. yay or nay?

To add a little bit more competition to Halo why not add in time trials. You know do something before the clock runs out and get a reward and or rank from it. IMO this seems like a good replacement for Sops if it were to have a co-op mode.

There could be many applications that could be put into affect that game modes that fire fight or Sops just can’t do.

i.e. Carrier assault, races, map maneuvering, target practice, objective capture, assassinations, infiltration, forging structures and whatever else comes to mind. If 343i really wanted too they could add a storyline to it as well. Breezing it all off as training or actually events that happened in lore like Sops.

This could really add a whole new affect to Halo casually and competitively. Also it doesn’t prevent Firefight from being a gamemode.

Not sure if 343i is still considering things for Halo 5G but this seems very viable to me.

Maybe not a time trials mode, but timed objectives can be fun in some missions. It stinks that so far in the Halo games (except Spartan Assault), the only missions that have had timers are vehicle runs. I think it would be cool if, for example, in Halo 2 on Cairo Station, you have a certain amount of time to get to the bomb before it detonates. (Not that I would actually want them to change the level in H2A; I’m just giving an example.)

I wouldn’t mind the idea but I don’t think rank should be a potential award for it.

> I wouldn’t mind the idea but I don’t think rank should be a potential award for it.

Not rank as in Major, Commander, General but Bronze, Silver Gold and Onyx.

> Not rank as in Major, Commander, General but Bronze, Silver Gold and Onyx.

Give me Sapphire, Gold, and Platinum instead and I’m sold.

> > Not rank as in Major, Commander, General but Bronze, Silver Gold and Onyx.
>
> Give me Sapphire, Gold, and Platinum instead and I’m sold.

As long as its all in the same good taste. It could be Rhino, Eagle, Giant Spider Monkey.