Halo, this is the end. *SPOILERS*

Well fellow forum users, this is it. Halo 4 has been out for not even a month now and already the game has fallen under 300,000 users approaching Reach’s average population quickly. I was going to release a review of Halo 4 on the forums but recently I have decided not to. Instead I (red head 535 / Lag Warr1or) have decided to simply state some of the things I feel most effected me into Halo 4.

Campaign:

-Its poor narrative and soundtrack

-How I didn’t care when Cortana died

-How boring it got sometimes

-How boring it seemed next to Spartan Ops

-How the visuals were great but felt ‘unbelievable’, it was just too clean, too perfect and it made my eyes bleed.

-How some great sections of the campaign were full of undeveloped potential -space section

–Yoinking!- corridors

-How some sections felt like Halo teasing me with something which felt awesome and then dumping me back into this bland, grey, dribble

-How amazing everything sounded

-How easy it was on heroic (and most likely legendary but I have not and most likely won’t play it)

-How annoyed and cheated I fell

-QTEs!?!?!?

-The cheap final boss fight when it should have been something like Halo 2

-How closed and limited it felt when compared to CE despite CE being 343’s benchmark

-How I put my faith in 343 to at least develop a great campaign but they couldn’t even do that.

Multiplayer:

-The Boltshot as a loadout weapon. A mini-shotgun for everyone right!? Now that’s balance.

-The lack of an Loadout free gametype for Halo 4. The only thing I wanted. The only thing that the competitive community wanted. One -Yoinking!- thing. We got nothing.

-The plasma pistol as a loadout weapon because having fun in vehicles is overrated!

-The low standard of the BR in Halo 4 when compared to its counterparts

-How annoying and frustrating invisibility is in the MM. Constantly having to search for them is not fun, it does not ‘add another set of skills for Halo’ or ‘make Halo more dynamic’ it pisses people off.

-The fact invisibility even made it into the game

-The fact jetpack made it into the game

-The fact AA made it into the game after Reach

-Invasion was dropped. The only good playlist from Reach is gone.

-The tactics used by 343 to keep players coming back to the game. ‘New playlists each week’? I’m sorry I paid for the game now, I expect to play it now.

-How good the Spartan Ops soundtrack was and how good Spartan Ops was. Good stuff, more of this please

-Why the campaign soundtrack was so bad when the Spartan Ops soundtrack was so good. At some points there was no soundtrack?

-Why the vehicle physics are not up yo Halo 3 standards

-How underpowered thruster pack is in slayer and how overpowered it is in flood

-How infection became flood - NICE!

How much fun CTF was - really good gametype nice one!

-There was no true-skill ranking system in the game

-The casual and competitive playlists were not separate

-How bland the game felt

-Why the Halo 3 overall ranking system was not simply mixed with a xp system

-Spartan Points sucked

-Less maps shipped with the game than ever before

-No elites?!

-The lack of a human flying vehicle

-How the casual community was given tons of gimmicks only to abandon the game less than a month in!

-The multiplayers lack of respect for the competitive community, MLG and Halo’s history

Spartan Ops:

-Great!

-GREAT!

-REALLY GREAT!

-How it often feels like Halo

-The great soundtrack

-The believable environments

-How its released every week but in a manor which doesn’t leave me frustrated but excited for the next instalment

Forge:

-How little the developments were. I was expecting something like form Halo 3 to Reach

-How I can’t slow the movement of something like in Reach

-How I don’t even use magnets

-How the lighting has to generate when I come out of ball mode - every. single. time.

-How I can’t zoom as the monitor

-The lack of new pieces

-The lack of textures/skins

-The lack of weather climates

-The lack of massive floor pieces

-The lack of…well the list just goes on.

-How pieces highlight when hovering over - handy!

-How community suggestions were ignored, how even basic problems were left unchanged and how the forge maps felt restricting in certain places.

And for those of you who haven’t twigged it yet: I AM NOT HAPPY WITH HALO 4; and I will not be getting Halo 5 or 6 unless major changes are made (which I can guarantee will not happen).

Welcome to another Reach something which the competitive community predicted for weeks. I’m not going to say ‘we told you so’ because the numbers do it for me.

Regards, Red Head 535 / Lag Warr1or

Better to be red, than dead.

Horrible review.

Unsupported claims. Easily debatable points.

If you want your reviews to be given more credit, then you are going to have to write stronger supported claims.

I hear a bunch of 343 infatuated on the way

“Poor narrative”.

Its the best narration and character development on a Halo game since ODST. You are clearly trolling…oh you enjoyed Tartaru’s boss figth, haha, you are clearly trolling. Nice try OP 7.2/10

lol what a poor hater

I stopped reading this after you said it had a poor narrative and soundtrack.

It was just as good as all the other games.

0/10 on your review.

> I stopped reading this after you said it had a poor narrative and soundtrack.
>
> It was just as good as all the other games.
>
> 0/10 on your review.

The soundtrack definitely was lacking. The narrative, as you say, was as good as the other games. I’ve never played Halo for the narratives, and I’ve never thought they were any good.

Also: Campaign was boring to the OP yet Spartan Ops wasn’t? Has to be a troll.

I hate to say it, but I’m already done with having fun in Halo 4. I think 343 really dropped the ball and in their attempt to refresh the series strayed too far from Halo’s classical roots. The things that made previous Halo games great are not present in 4. The added complexity of the loadouts and perks do not make the game fun, it creates frustration at least for me.

Halo 3 and previous games did not have all these extra features, and I found them to be much more fun. It’s hard to explain, and I probably can’t articulate my thoughts right now, but I feel that Halo needs to return to the simple era. Everyone was on equal footing, the game was balanced, maps were good, etc etc. Currently, the DMR is better than any other precision weapon and is the best non power weapon in my opinion. This gun is way too powerful to be a starter weapon and it needs to be nerfed or this will turn into a one gun game like Reach. Any map that has open space will be won by the team with the most DMR camo campers.

The ordnance drops are detrimental to the Halo style. They eliminate the need for map control and that takes away any game direction and flow. Most matches are just giant clusterfucks of people running around mindlessly because there isn’t a common point that needs to be controlled. Plasma pistols and sticky grenades are too powerful to be put into a loadout. Vehicles at this point are near useless because of the fact that almost everyone is using a plasma pistol and stickies. You don’t even need a power weapon(which are given out like candy with the ordnance system) to take out a tank or a heavy vehicle, not to mention the fact that the DMR is an anti everything rifle. The playlists are incredibly limited and the population is already spread thin. The maps are extremely lackluster and boring.

The server lag is getting ridiculous for a game with so few players, most DMR duels come down to who has the better connection. 343 also refuses to respond to the community about specific issues such as the DMR, the glitches on maps, server lag, splatter physics, etc etc. Join in progress is quite possibly the biggest offender on my list of things that make Halo 4 bad. I cannot tell you how many times I have joined a regicide match that was almost over. The matchmaking sucks too. They need to add a 1-50 ranking system. I unfortunately do not see myself playing Halo 4 much longer and sure as hell not long enough to see the map packs I already bought. I’m so far extremely disappointed in Halo 4 and I truly feel like I wasted $100+.

The AA gimmicks were too boring and thats because of the Competitives whining about them. Yes the Casual Crowd that likes those type of perks want them to be awesome and not annoying or weak because of traditionalists wanting a walking game. Of course they’re not going to hold muster for these players when you make a floating useless turret and your competitor makes a roving battle track you can RC from cover.

> I stopped reading this after you said it had a poor narrative and soundtrack.
>
> It was just as good as all the other games.
>
> 0/10 on your review.

Marty crushed every single time. Halo4 has okay music. Avg. at best.

> Horrible review.
>
> Unsupported claims. Easily debatable points.
>
> If you want your reviews to be given more credit, then you are going to have to write stronger supported claims.

^This. OP learn to use examples and more detailed reasons as to why you don’t like certain things and what you think that might be able to fix it as that is the best way to make things better. I do respect your opinion but if you want things to get better and future games to better you need to use more constructive criticism. Also why would anyone care about population numbers? It doesn’t affect anyone in the slightest as they can still continue to enjoy the game. Also remember not everyone is gonna play just one game all the time as there are several games out there and a lot of people do play other games.

> I stopped reading this after you said it had a poor narrative and soundtrack.
>
> It was just as good as all the other games.
>
> 0/10 on your review.

The soundtrack DID lack. It had it’s momments like on Midnigth on the Star War-ish trench run, but it generally was lackluster and pretty abscent

How AAs, Sprint, or Loadouts mad it into the game, I will never know. I guess somehow, 343i didn’t learn from Reach’s mistakes.

I Hope they can Fix This Game with Updates and Patches

Halo is past now. I am changing to PS3 because there are actually good exclusive games and free online multiplayer. :confused:

Kinda late since this generation is over. Be like me, buy both.

343 needs to learn from Bungie’s mistakes. Halo was popular because it was Halo. Halo was unique and it stood out against the competition. The game is dying because they’re straying too far from their roots and turning Halo into something it was never meant to be.

> How AAs, Sprint, or Loadouts mad it into the game, I will never know. I guess somehow, 343i didn’t learn from Reach’s mistakes.

Yeah, they haven’t quite learned when you add something like an AA you go all out and you make it something that no one wants to put down while out doing all the other titles in imagination and uses.

Campaign and graphics were amazing IMO, i’m still replaying them. However I also thought Halo 2’s graphics and campaign were amazing so I guess art style > graphics. The music was good too, I don’t think anything will top original Halo music but its still amazing music for the series regardless. In the end tho the multiplayer will keep people around for the long haul, and they should of stuck to their niche. It’d be like if CoD took away sprint, kill streaks, perks, and gun attachments and introduced 2 second kill times…u think any CoD loving fan would stand for that and stick around? I’ll play Halo 4 cuz it’s still fun, specially when we get some new maps to give more variety to MM, but if they turned Halo 2 servers back on, or made Halo 1 playable online. I wouldn’t even touch Halo 4 cept for campaign run thrus and Spartan Ops.

Oh PLEASE. The only reason Halo 4 only has 300,000 players right now is because Black Ops 2 came out. Don’t read into it too much, we all already knew this was gonna happen.