Halo: The Return. Amazing MCC Hype Video!

Snipetality and Team Beyond have put together an amazing hype video for Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

Halo: The Return

The nerd chills!

I love this video more and more every time I watch it!

#hype

#weback

Dem clutch plays

Such a great video!

Yep, those were most definitely chills.

I will always love Halo and this community.

I liked the video, but them saying Bungie left us with Reach, a disservice to the franchise is a bit overboard don’t you think? Reach’s wasn’t the ideal Halo game, and it even made retcons to the canon, but it wasn’t a bad game. I found it enjoyable.

> I liked the video, but them saying Bungie left us with Reach, a disservice to the franchise is a bit overboard don’t you think? Reach’s wasn’t the ideal Halo game, and it even made retcons to the canon, but it wasn’t a bad game. I found it enjoyable.

Yeah the statement was a bit over the top but it was really just put into the video to try and reflect how a good portion of the community felt at that time after Halo 3.

a

I’m with you Pale, it was a disservice but not as bad as H4. Bungie didn’t want to make Reach, they didn’t want to make ODST. But Bungie was under contract from Microsoft to produce 2 more Halo games after Halo 3. So they just took all these ideas to basically make an experiment out of Reach. They knew they were going to make Destiny at this time so they used Reach as a social experiment by adding AA’s, Classes, a time played ranking system, custom armors… All this crud that they are basically now using in Destiny.

Just so everybody knows, that quote about Reach was of an interview between Sundance DiGiovanni and VVV.

> > I liked the video, but them saying Bungie left us with Reach, a disservice to the franchise is a bit overboard don’t you think? Reach’s wasn’t the ideal Halo game, and it even made retcons to the canon, but it wasn’t a bad game. I found it enjoyable.
>
> Yeah the statement was a bit over the top but it was really just put into the video to try and reflect how a good portion of the community felt at that time after Halo 3.

I think that was a low blow adding that in. Lets see what 343i provides the community with when H5 is released.

Am I the only one who hates Reach more than 4?

Sundance was in no way saying that Reach was a bad game… It just wasn’t able to accommodate competitive play as well as the prior Halo games and in that regard, it was a disservice to the franchise. Halo had always been the flagship competitive, console shooter. Reach just wasn’t up to par. Was it still a well-made game? Absolutely, and he never said that it wasn’t…

But the reality is, the tweaks to the gameplay mechanics muddied up the core game, the map design wasn’t as good, and the game had already lost the population and interest in the competitive scene before any substantial updates came along…

It was all “too little, too late” much like Halo 4 when its population dropped off. Both TU’s and changes to playlist-management philosophies came well after much of the population was gone.

And on a somewhat unrelated note, I still think for Halo 5, 343 should go back to Halo 2’s map selection system where it was a completely random map and gametype within the confines of the playlist… or at least back to Halo 3’s veto system. When Haven appears as often as it does in Halo 4 matchmaking, and with how often people want to play it, it gets old way too fast. Then you end up playing it 5 more games in a row… Not very good in sustaining an online player-base. The game ends up having little to no variety and the game quickly becomes stale.

Halo 2’s online infrastructure was way ahead of its time… It did so many things right and even laid a lot of the groundwork for Xbox 360’s dashboard design and social experiences (which are still better than Xbox One’s).

> Am I the only one who hates Reach more than 4?

I enjoyed 4 a lot more than Reach.

> Just so everybody knows, that quote about Reach was of an interview between Sundance DiGiovanni and VVV.

You got a link for that? I’d love to listen or read that interview seeing as I fully support Sundance with that statement.

I remember when that disservice quote was made. Reach was a slap in the face for competitive players. To this day I still agree.

Never before was I so ashamed of a Halo game that had ‘Halo’ on the box as that disgrace known as reach. It destroyed everything that made Halo. Community died, friends quit xbox live, Halo fell off the top 10 charts, the list of total devastation and loss of morale was far more damaging than imagined.

If it wasn’t for MC Collection I was literally going to hang up my suit for Halo after xbox 360 servers got pulled and Halo 3 died. This video shows how much Halo used to have and great to see it coming back possibly.

I enjoyed all Halo’s but I never played “competitively” per se, and now I wish I did because when I noticed Halo: Reach and 4 got boring faster than it took Halo 3 just to not be the go to game to play with friends I realize something was wrong with me or with the game. To this day I still think about what changed after Halo: Reach, me or the game.

I actually enjoyed Reach but then, I only played the campaign