Halo: The Flood re issue

I was looking to get the re releases of the original Halo novels but I notice that on the cover of the flood John 117 is still wearing Mark IV armor instead of the Mark V armor he received before Reach fell. Now I’m not to sure I want to buy them cause I love my Halo cannon. Has anyone else noticed that?

> I was looking to get the re releases of the original Halo novels but I notice that on the cover of the flood John 117 is still wearing Mark IV armor instead of the Mark V armor he received before Reach fell. Now I’m not to sure I want to buy them cause I love my Halo cannon. Has anyone else noticed that?

The cover art is just that: Art. It doesn’t represent any scene in the book.

Ya but you would think they would pay more attention to that.Mostly Halo fans buy the books and not just the ones who like matchmaking. Don’t get me wrong the mark IV is really awesome armor but when I saw the cover it was the first thing I noticed. I already own the books so to me its not worth a re buy.

There really is no reason to re buy it, the bonus material isn’t that great.

> Ya but you would think they would pay more attention to that.Mostly Halo fans buy the books and not just the ones who like matchmaking. Don’t get me wrong the mark IV is really awesome armor but when I saw the cover it was the first thing I noticed. I already own the books so to me its not worth a re buy.

Don’t judge a book by its cover.

It’s just the artists take on the armor, but the SMGs…

Oh ya that too. What was the bonus content?

Personally, I love the extra bits at the end. They all provide great little glimpses into the deeper fiction, which I guess could make it only important to people who truly get into the story and adore the details, lol. Guilty as charged :wink:

Here is a quick overview of the extra stuff in Halo: The Flood (courtesy of Halopedia)

<3<4<3
Grim

-A priority broadcast log of the activities of the Fleet of Particular Justice during the Battle of Installation 04, sent to Lak 'Vadamee by Thel 'Vadamee.
-An audio transcript of an emergency broadcast recorded by a panicked Flood survivor on Alpha Halo, heavily redacted and under analysis by the ONI.
-“Hunger”, a poem depicting the thought process of a Flood victim in the process of transformation.
-Excerpts from the journal of Zuka 'Zamamee while aboard the Truth and Reconciliation.
-A private status report by 343 Guilty Spark after the outbreak of the Flood on Alpha Halo.
-A status report filed by the Librarian on the progress of her categorization of life on Earth, presented as a Terminal transcript.