Halo Spartan Strike is playable again on iOS 13

Tried booting up Spartan Strike on my iPhone after the recent iOS 13 update, and lo and behold the game actually works! I was able to complete missions and get achievements no problem. It does crash at the main menu after all the splash screens on rare occasions. I find tapping to skip all the logos to get to the main menu avoids a crash. It hasn’t crashed once while in-game.

Thank you for the info!!
Does this version increase your Halo gamerscore?

> 2533274871396905;2:
> Thank you for the info!!
> Does this version increase your Halo gamerscore?

Thank you for the info! And yes, it should increase your Halo gamerscore as long as your XBL GT is linked.

> 2546678360738636;3:
> > 2533274871396905;2:
> > Thank you for the info!!
> > Does this version increase your Halo gamerscore?
>
> Thank you for the info! And yes, it should increase your Halo gamerscore as long as your XBL GT is linked.

Cool! Thank you!

Still can’t buy them unfortunately. Looks like you can only play them if you previously bought them. Good to hear people are getting access to their purchases again though.

Interesting, glad to know about this. I guess the world works in mysterious ways.

> 2533274824050480;5:
> Still can’t buy them unfortunately. Looks like you can only play them if you previously bought them. Good to hear people are getting access to their purchases again though.

Yeah, I tried seeing if either was re-listed in the app store but no luck. Unfortunate because they’re relatively fun games, and I never bought Spartan Assault so I wouldn’t mind playing again to get all the achievements.

Thanks for the heads up! Might try playing the game again.

> 2533274805929312;1:
> Tried booting up Spartan Strike on my iPhone after the recent iOS 13 update, and lo and behold the game actually works! I was able to complete missions and get achievements no problem. It does crash at the main menu after all the splash screens on rare occasions. I find tapping to skip all the logos to get to the main menu avoids a crash. It hasn’t crashed once while in-game.

It’s actually working on my iPhone 7 iOS 13. The thing is you have to skip screens several times cuz it will keep crashing. However, after several tries your game will be able be played even with a wireless Xbox one controller :slight_smile: that’s the best part. Unfortunately, I think it’s only for those who bought the game in the past.

For me it’s working on spartan assault and strike.

this would have been so helpful when i was on my roadtrip last month when i tried to play the game and it kept crashing :frowning: ill def have to remember this the next time i bring my ipad some place.

> 2533274856626311;10:
> this would have been so helpful when i was on my roadtrip last month when i tried to play the game and it kept crashing :frowning: ill def have to remember this the next time i bring my ipad some place.

Yea it crashes, I found my way to avoid this by letting the video pop up for 0.5 seconds then skip it fast. It takes time btw

Is the app IOS only?

Yes

> 2533274915004025;12:
> Is the app IOS only?

Is there any hope of getting the Halo Spartan bundle simply relisted on the app store since it works on the latest iOS version? I am sure Microsoft studios stills owns the app rights rather than Vanguard, so 343 should have some ability to do this I would hope.

> 2533274915004025;12:
> Is the app IOS only?

You also can play spartan assault and spartan strike if you have a Windows Phone or in your PC.

Lets go!!!

> 2533274955419344;14:
> Is there any hope of getting the Halo Spartan bundle simply relisted on the app store since it works on the latest iOS version? I am sure Microsoft studios stills owns the app rights rather than Vanguard, so 343 should have some ability to do this I would hope.

I would like to know this as well. I’m interested in playing the iOS version if possible.

> 2562092466597652;17:
> > 2533274955419344;14:
> > Is there any hope of getting the Halo Spartan bundle simply relisted on the app store since it works on the latest iOS version? I am sure Microsoft studios stills owns the app rights rather than Vanguard, so 343 should have some ability to do this I would hope.
>
> I would like to know this as well. I’m interested in playing the iOS version if possible.

Apparently the company that made those games no longer exists. I’d love to see them come back but 343i may have other priorities at the moment.

Spartan Assault is actually not a terrible game! I rather enjoyed playing it

It would be great if these can be relisted once again since I would like to go for the achievements on this. Hopefully after the MCC development is done, 343 can start looking at branching out a bit in doing some fixing on all Spartan games on every platform it released on (and do some new releases as well).