Halo slipping away...

343 has really done much less then expected which is why the population of halo went from #1 on Xbox live to, #2, then #3, then #4 by February 2013, to now #6 in May 2013.

COD changed hands just as Halo did, but COD stayed true to itself. it stayed a killing game with less gimmicks. I partially fault Bungie for introducing armor abilities, but fans most fans wanted the ranking system in game and 343i opted to put skill rank visible outside game only. I beleive the only game where an in game rank is only available outside the game. Some supported not showing rank in game, but the majority in the forums clearly wanted in game showing. I’m one of them who is no longer playing Halo 4. Yes go ahead and look me up… its been months since Ive played infinity slayer…

343 in essence has tried to install a new userbase - while in most part alienating the long time fans and the hardcores who left to play COD.

COD is many ways is not a better game - yet in COD if I get killed I can’t blame much but maybe a faulty internet connection & lesser skill. Talented, skilled players get tired of going into a game and getting beat by less skilled players because further unbalanced things with weapons and abilities. I mean… bolt shot ( 343 YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO AHEAD AND PUT SHOT GUN IN THE LOADOUTS CUZ ITS VIRTUALLY THE SAME ) and walking around inviisible… lets get real… if they introduced these things into mainstream COD there’d be an uproar…

This is why COD which has been virtually unchanged remains so popular. They have no gimmicks which Halo is now full of. Someone actually tried to say Halo would have fallen even more quickly if it had not introduced Armor abilities. I completely disagree. What people want is a clear cut killing game. They want fairness and balance. Which Halo no longer has. Any player who has skill shouldn’t get owned because someone is using invisible… or because the enemy fly’s way up high with jetpack out of sight… or because 343 basically put shotgun in the loadouts ( boltshot ) and people who love camping and being invisble use this often…

I played Halo faithfully for years… I havent played Halo 4 in months now…not sure if I ever will… today I logged in to see Halo 4 is now ranked 6th on Xbox Live… I beleive it will continue to fall as Halo loses more fans thanks to 343 doing what they want and not listening to what the majority of long time Halo fans want…

The few people left playing it probably like the changes that have been made…or don’t fault 343… but the numbers don’t lie… Im sure many don’t even bother posting here… People like Death Angel have no idea what it takes to keep a userbase like COD has done.

You do know about the weapon balancing right?

> You do know about the weapon balancing right?

Weapon balancing isn’t going to solve all of Halo 4’s problems.

> > You do know about the weapon balancing right?
>
> Weapon balancing isn’t going to solve all of Halo 4’s problems.

It solves his/her 4th paragraph. And yes, I know that, it just seems like that is his/her biggest problem with the game. Fairness.

I don’t care if it falls to 21st place. Mass Effect 3s multiplayer has not been on the top 20 XBL charts for months now and it’s some of the best multiplayer I’ve ever played.

343i doesn’t care about the XBL Halo 4 population numbers. They and Microsoft are interested in sales. Unless Halo 5 does poorly, your message will be very hard to deliver.

The only thing 343 failed with was the support of the competitive atmosphere. Everything else about this game is wonderful. They are also constantly addressing things. If 343 continues to do what it’s doing halo 5 will probably turn out very well.

> I don’t care if it falls to 21st place. Mass Effect 3s multiplayer has not been on the top 20 XBL charts for months now and it’s some of the best multiplayer I’ve ever played.
>
> 343i doesn’t care about the XBL Halo 4 population numbers. They and Microsoft are interested in sales. Unless Halo 5 does poorly, your message will be very hard to deliver.

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is great indeed. I’ve logged more play time on that than Reach and Halo 4 combined. But unlike Halo 4 ME3 only requires 4 players per match for the same mode.

Halo 4 needs a lot more players for a wide variety of playlists. Halo 4 just isn’t interesting and fell way off from a good Halo game like Halo 1, 2, and 3 are.

I’ve since moved to steam where I can get better games for cheaper prices and better graphics with fun gameplay.

I agree to the fullest, Halo used to be about skill and teamwork. Now it’s up to what you get in your ordinance drop. The magnetism on the weapons is so insane it’s impossible to miss and it becomes a who see’s who first game. The walk acceleration is painfully slow which makes strafing useless. I don’t even know where to begin with loadouts, and armor abilities? I would be happy if we could just get 1 playlists with true classic settings i.e.

-increased walk acceleration
-less bullet magnetism
-no sprint
-no AA
-no loadouts (forced or custom)
-no random ordinance(map or personal)

basically H3 and I would never be on these forums complaining again…

For me, it’s the awful NetCode, the abysmal Host selection method (only new XBox’s are even considered as host), the lack of option to spatially localize the players in the game (it’s so much fun when I get 3+ seconds of lag because the host is in Australia, and the other players are in China, UK, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and USA while I’m in Canada), the lack of ability to opt out of JIP, no “Best Connection” option (as in Reach) to possibly reduce Lag, random map and game type selection (who knows what game type you will get when voting on Maps now), no “kneecapping” for people that are Host (if your Host and not getting highest score - you truly suck as a player) and the fact that DLC maps that I bought are 90+% of the time not even available to play.

None of the above issues will be addressed in the June 3 update either - which really does nothing except placate people whom are tired of using the DMR and introduce a new set of nerfs for other weapons.

And my connections is < 30 ms ping time local (~ 100 ms ping time to Florida which is 2300 miles away), 38 mbps download and 2.9 Mbps upload - so this isn’t a me issue. I can play Halo Reach FireFight or BTB with almost zero lag - where as Halo 4 is just a joke for for Spartan Ops / Campaign and MP in Halo 4 I get maybe 1 in 10 games that are low latency. Other non halo games play fine too.

Can’t wait to see what Destiny looks like end of 2013 - especially since it doesn’t matter if I go PS4 or XBox One - my XBox 360 games are dust anyhow, so we are all starting over.

Milton

> I don’t care if it falls to 21st place. Mass Effect 3s multiplayer has not been on the top 20 XBL charts for months now and it’s some of the best multiplayer I’ve ever played.
>
> 343i doesn’t care about the XBL Halo 4 population numbers. They and Microsoft are interested in sales. Unless Halo 5 does poorly, your message will be very hard to deliver.

Low pop means low DLC sales as well as less customers coming back for the next game, it also means less people to tell their friends to buy it (which means less halo 4 sales) It also means more sold back which again means less sales.

> I agree to the fullest, Halo used to be about skill and teamwork. Now it’s up to what you get in your ordinance drop. The magnetism on the weapons is so insane it’s impossible to miss and it becomes a who see’s who first game. The walk acceleration is painfully slow which makes strafing useless. I don’t even know where to begin with loadouts, and armor abilities? I would be happy if we could just get 1 playlists with true classic settings i.e.
>
> -increased walk acceleration
> -less bullet magnetism
> -no sprint
> -no AA
> -no loadouts (forced or custom)
> -no random ordinance(map or personal)
>
> basically H3 and I would never be on these forums complaining again…

I don’t want another Halo 3 :confused: If I want to play Halo 3, I’ll play Halo 3 like I have the past week and the observation I’ve made is I like both styles of gameplay

> I agree to the fullest, Halo used to be about skill and teamwork. Now it’s up to what you get in your ordinance drop. The magnetism on the weapons is so insane it’s impossible to miss and it becomes a who see’s who first game. The walk acceleration is painfully slow which makes strafing useless. I don’t even know where to begin with loadouts, and armor abilities? I would be happy if we could just get 1 playlists with true classic settings i.e.
>
> -increased walk acceleration
> -less bullet magnetism
> -no sprint
> -no AA
> -no loadouts (forced or custom)
> -no random ordinance(map or personal)
>
> basically H3 and I would never be on these forums complaining again…

I dont want another H3 even though I loved it. I want H4 to use its features properly.

AAs can be used as pick ups/equipment. PODs should be nades(for people who dont use resupply), ammo, and maybe an alternate primary. All power up/power weapon should be on map to promote movement and teamwork.

I would rather see forced loadouts with various perk combinations. For example teamBRs could have BR/Resupply/Stability, BR/Shielding/Dex, BR/Grenedier/explosives.

H4’s movement speed is the same as H3. Sprint makes you move twice as fast. There is a vid on YT proving it. Problem is people use sprint to escape slowing the game down. Sprint needs to be balanced and needs a toggle switch in customs. You should be knocked out of sprint when shot at.

Honestly I dont have a problem with perks and PODs(cant stand AAs). I hate how 343 just threw them in and created this wild randomness. And I dont care what any Halo 4 defender says, this game has alienated/abandoned the hardcore fans.

> > I agree to the fullest, Halo used to be about skill and teamwork. Now it’s up to what you get in your ordinance drop. The magnetism on the weapons is so insane it’s impossible to miss and it becomes a who see’s who first game. The walk acceleration is painfully slow which makes strafing useless. I don’t even know where to begin with loadouts, and armor abilities? I would be happy if we could just get 1 playlists with true classic settings i.e.
> >
> > -increased walk acceleration
> > -less bullet magnetism
> > -no sprint
> > -no AA
> > -no loadouts (forced or custom)
> > -no random ordinance(map or personal)
> >
> > basically H3 and I would never be on these forums complaining again…
>
> I don’t want another Halo 3 :confused: If I want to play Halo 3, I’ll play Halo 3 like I have the past week and the observation I’ve made is I like both styles of gameplay

I didn’t ask for the entire game to be like that, I asked for one simple playlist dedicated to classic settings. If people want to play Call of Halo that’s fine by me, but it shouldn’t be force fed to fans who don’t like it but still want to play HALO…

also HALO 3 will eventually stop being supported, what do I do then, if I want to play classic halo and 343i still hasn’t given the core fans what they ask for?