Halo Slayer Classic + Version 1.01

Put some work into a custom gametype and map.

Tried to keep it as true to “Old Halo” as possible. But with some of the benefits of “New Halo”. Some of the faster pace of Reach/4 with some of the methodicalness of 3.

I will be putting together Halo 4 maps using the same settings with default map layouts.

I recreated Valhalla with some minor tweaks due to some weapons no longer being available.

Dark green indicates changes with newest version. If anyone wants to try it out add me, or join my game.
Gamertag: Robborboy

Halo Classic Version 1.01

  • Assault Rifle/Magnum/1 Frag Grenade Start
  • 110% Damage for 4 shot kill Battle Rifle
  • Armor abilities on map
  • Classic “per kill” scoring system
  • 75 kill limit
  • 12 minutes
  • No ordinance drops
  • Weapons on map
  • Resupply for the collection of dropped grenade- Explosives added for larger grenade explosion radius, and reduced grenade damage to offset 110% damage

Halo Classic + Version 1.01

  • Assault Rifle/Magnum/1 Frag Grenade Start
  • 110% Damage for 4 shot kill Battle Rifle
  • Choice of Jetpack, Hardlight Shield, Auto Sentry, Regeneration Field, and Hologram
  • Classic “per kill” scoring system
  • 75 kill limit
  • 12 minutes
  • No Ordinance Drops
  • Weapons on map
  • Resupply for the collection of dropped grenades
  • Explosives added for larger grenade explosion radius, and reduced grenade damage to offset 110% damage

RAGNAROK
Raganrok Classic 1.0

[/li]- Regeneration Field placed in location of Regeneration of Halo 3

  • Hardlight Shield placed in location of Bubble Shield
  • 2 Battle Rifles replaced with Designated Marksman Rifles due to limit
  • 2 Battle Rifles replaced with Covenant Carbines due to limit
  • Rocket Launchers with decreased rocket count placed in location of missile pod
  • Mongooses placed in line ala Halo 3
  • Warthog’s relocated nearer base ramps
  • Wraiths placed on map
  • Respawn time of weapons and vehicles set to match Halo 3

Ragnarok Classic +

[/li]- Regeneration Field removed

  • Hardlight Shield removed
  • 2 Battle Rifles replaced with Designated Marksman Rifles due to limit
  • 2 Battle Rifles replaced with Covenant Carbines due to limit
  • Rocket Launchers with decreased rocket count placed in location of missile pod
  • Mongooses placed in line ala Halo 3
  • Warthog’s relocated nearer base ramps
  • Wraiths placed on map
  • Respawn time of weapons and vehicles set to match Halo 3

Is this in your file share or what?

> Is this in your file share or what?

Not as of current. I want to play it a few games first to see how people like it before I throw it out there.

There are some differences that I am unsure of how people will take to.

Nice But remove jetpack from loadout, It has to much advantage

> Nice But remove jetpack from loadout, It has to much advantage

Without DMRS on spawn, the Jetback is infinitely less useful than people are use to.

And with limited means of taking out a Banshee(no lock on missile pods) I feel it now has more of a place.

But again, this depends on how people feel after having played.

> > Nice But remove jetpack from loadout, It has to much advantage
>
> Without DMRS on spawn, the Jetback is infinitely less useful than people are use to.
>
> And with limited means of taking out a Banshee(no lock on missile pods) I feel it now has more of a place.
>
> But again, this depends on how people feel after having played.

While i don’t think it will be classic, its like the improved reach that 343 advertised us.

(anyways, have you considered having AA’s as a power spawn as sorts?)

> > > Nice But remove jetpack from loadout, It has to much advantage
> >
> > Without DMRS on spawn, the Jetback is infinitely less useful than people are use to.
> >
> > And with limited means of taking out a Banshee(no lock on missile pods) I feel it now has more of a place.
> >
> > But again, this depends on how people feel after having played.
>
> While i don’t think it will be classic, its like the improved reach that 343 advertised us.
>
> (anyways, have you considered having AA’s as a power spawn as sorts?)

That was my initial idea.

Slayer Classic being the Halo 3 experience.
Slayer Classic + being the Halo 3 experience with AA.

However the custom game options to not provide the option to spawn/not spawn armor abilities on map. This would require two variations of every map to be made. One with AAs one without.

I haven’t decided if I want to undertake both in tandem or just go with Halo 3 + AA.

For the concept though, I have both Halo Classic and Halo Classic + gametypes as well as Classic and Classic + variations of Ragnarok

Just so you know, having a 3 second respawn means nothing. Not matter what you set the respawn time to, there will still be instant respawns.

OP this is much more productive and a better idea than being negative on the forums. I commend you for being constructive and productive by creating what you want.

Good job!

BR better be a 4sk, if its not, alot of people are going to be mad including myself

> BR better be a 4sk, if its not, alot of people are going to be mad including myself

Unless you want the DMR, the AR and the boltshot to be even more bloody powerful than the already are, then no, its an impossible idea.

There are so many more things you can do with “Slayer Classic +” for instance:

Loadout 1:
BR + AR + 1 Frag + Thrust + Resupply + Explosives

Loadout 2:
CC + SR + 1 Frag + Thrust + Resupply + Explosives

Loadout 3:
LR + SPR + 1 Frag + Thrust + Resupply + Explosives

PERSONAL ORDINANCE:
< DMR, > Boltshot, V Plasma Pistol.

“Random” Ordinance is only in ONE LOCATION on the map and spawns either Overshield, Damage Boost, or Speed Boost ever 2 minutes.

Also, this Classic system is based off of Halo 2/3 with BR starts. Halo 3 had 2 frags off spawn which was and still is utterly ridiculous. But everyone knows BR starts is way better than AR starts ESPECIALLY in Halo 3. AR/Melee rushing over and over got really old really fast.

> > BR better be a 4sk, if its not, alot of people are going to be mad including myself
>
> Unless you want the DMR, the AR and the boltshot to be even more bloody powerful than the already are, then no, its an impossible idea.

At 110% Damage the BR is 4 shot and the DMR is still 5 shot.

But it also makes the LR a 4 shot unscoped AND scoped which kind of beats the purpose of the weapon. The Carbine in this setup is I think 6 shot? It is pretty awesome at close range, but gets dominated at mid range because of it’s poor accuracy.

The MAJOR problem with 110% is that the Grenades become ridiculous.

> BR better be a 4sk, if its not, alot of people are going to be mad including myself

Don’t worry, it most certainly is.

> Just so you know, having a 3 second respawn means nothing. Not matter what you set the respawn time to, there will still be instant respawns.

Ah, correct you are.

> > BR better be a 4sk, if its not, alot of people are going to be mad including myself
>
> Unless you want the DMR, the AR and the boltshot to be even more bloody powerful than the already are, then no, its an impossible idea.

With damage buffed to 110% the BR is 4 shot kill. The DMR remains a 5 shot kill.

The Assault rifle only gets the slightest of a buff when lends it to being a more useful starter weapon.

The boltshot, should I find it fitting for any of my maps over the shotgun, would be a map-only weapon, so it would be balanced. And besides, boltshot is already 1 shot kill at the range it is typically used.

> > > BR better be a 4sk, if its not, alot of people are going to be mad including myself
> >
> > Unless you want the DMR, the AR and the boltshot to be even more bloody powerful than the already are, then no, its an impossible idea.
>
> At 110% Damage the BR is 4 shot and the DMR is still 5 shot.
>
> But it also makes the LR a 4 shot unscoped AND scoped which kind of beats the purpose of the weapon. The Carbine in this setup is I think 6 shot? It is pretty awesome at close range, but gets dominated at mid range because of it’s poor accuracy.
>
> The MAJOR problem with 110% is that the Grenades become ridiculous.

I retract my statement :slight_smile:

> There are so many more things you can do with “Slayer Classic +” for instance:
>
> Loadout 1:
> BR + AR + 1 Frag + Thrust + Resupply + Explosives
>
> Loadout 2:
> CC + SR + 1 Frag + Thrust + Resupply + Explosives
>
> Loadout 3:
> LR + SPR + 1 Frag + Thrust + Resupply + Explosives
>
> PERSONAL ORDINANCE:
> < DMR, > Boltshot, V Plasma Pistol.
>
>
> “Random” Ordinance is only in ONE LOCATION on the map and spawns either Overshield, Damage Boost, or Speed Boost ever 2 minutes.
>
>
> Also, this Classic system is based off of Halo 2/3 with BR starts. Halo 3 had 2 frags off spawn which was and still is utterly ridiculous. But everyone knows BR starts is way better than AR starts ESPECIALLY in Halo 3. AR/Melee rushing over and over got really old really fast.

Resupply is already part of it. I am currently investigating how explosives changes the game.

But as for starting weapons, it will remain AR/Mag only.

Updated to version 1.01.

> > BR better be a 4sk, if its not, alot of people are going to be mad including myself
>
> Unless you want the DMR, the AR and the boltshot to be even more bloody powerful than the already are, then no, its an impossible idea.

There was no DMR in classic slayer(h3) and no Boltshot ether so why are we having this conversation.

> > > BR better be a 4sk, if its not, alot of people are going to be mad including myself
> >
> > Unless you want the DMR, the AR and the boltshot to be even more bloody powerful than the already are, then no, its an impossible idea.
>
> There was no DMR in classic slayer(h3) and no Boltshot ether so why are we having this conversation.

I plan to incorporate new weapons into new maps to give the game the feel of Halo 3 while including the new sandbox.

I just used Ragnarok as a starting point because it had an equivalant in Halo3, and I could work off that.

Nevertheless boltshot wont be effected because it is already one shot kill, plus it won’t be a spawn weapon.