Halo Silentium price

I’m eagerly awaiting the third Forerunner novel and decided to place my pre order with Amazon. I was shocked to see the book priced at £17.54 (Hardcover). Not sure how such a price can be justified.

I looked at the previous prices in my history:

Cryptum - £9.92
Primordium - £13.45
Silentium - £17.54

For the record I will be purchasing a hardcover copy, just pretty dissapointed by such an over charge, IMO. Is anyone put off?

Welcome to Halo in the hands of 343? I dunno where book prices come from, im just being a facetious.

That said, im not sure ill be investing in it if thats its real price lol, thats just stupid.

Decided to check and see if the price has been adjusted and it has now gone up in price. The book is now priced at £18.52 which translates to $23.13 however on the Amazon.com page the book is priced at $14.12

Surely this cannot be right?

Depends. Maybe Silentium is a massive and great book.

It is the last of a trilogy.

That is a lot of money for a hard-cover book! Holy cow!

I preordered mine on Amazon last August, and the hardcover came out to around 13 bucks I believe, right now it’s at $14.12.

I know plenty of hardcovers that go for 20-30 dollars, so I’m not complaining. Especially when the exposition covered in the book is 5 times more than any halo game for 1/4 the price.

Kindle Master race

> Depends. Maybe Silentium is a massive and great book.
>
>
> It is the last of a trilogy.

Amazon says 336 pages. I’m pretty sure that’s less pages than both Cryptum and Primordium.

> > Depends. Maybe Silentium is a massive and great book.
> >
> >
> > It is the last of a trilogy.
>
> Amazon says 336 pages. I’m pretty sure that’s less pages than both Cryptum and Primordium.

Maybe the book itself is much larger than the previous installments? My copy of Halo: Primordium was physically larger than my copy of Cryptum.

I’m UK so $ mean nothing to me but I just checked Amazon UK and the price is sitting at £14.99 RRP but Amazon is to be sold at £8.99. For books in the UK, that’s not too bad, most books here range between £9.99 and £14.99.

A lot of UK halo fans at there, didn’t realize Halo had that many UK fans.

> Depends. Maybe Silentium is a massive and great book.
>
>
> It is the last of a trilogy.

Cryptum is 342 pages
Primordium is 379 pages
Silentium is listed 336 pages

My copies are the same physical size.

> I preordered mine on Amazon last August, and the hardcover came out to around 13 bucks I believe, right now it’s at $14.12.
>
> I know plenty of hardcovers that go for 20-30 dollars, so I’m not complaining. Especially when the exposition covered in the book is 5 times more than any halo game for 1/4 the price.

$14.12 converts to £9.32 however on Amazon.co.uk they list the book at £18.52, twice as much :confused:

> I’m UK so $ mean nothing to me but I just checked Amazon UK and the price is sitting at £14.99 RRP but Amazon is to be sold at £8.99. For books in the UK, that’s not too bad, most books here range between £9.99 and £14.99.

You do realise that’s the paperback version? I was refering to the hardcover copy.

If I had to guess, part of it might be from shipping it overseas. Or there’s much more demand in the UK than there is in the U.S.