Halo: Silentium for Halo 4

So for all those who haven’t read it yet, here is the summary of/ hints at the story of Halo: Silentium.

Now, in the last years of the Forerunner empire, chaos rules. The Flood—a horrifying shape-changing parasite—has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies. Internal strife within the ecumene has desperately weakened Forerunner defenses.

Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian—a husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to salvation. Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time—to prevent an unmatched evil from dominating the entire universe.

So what do you believe is the consequences of the novel for the Reclaimer Trilogy?

I thought this was coming out after Halo 4

> I thought this was coming out after Halo 4

It is.

On January 8, 2013!

Spoiler alert: The Didact uses the Halos to kill all sentient life in the galaxy.

The flood aided by an unexpected enemy. My guess? Faber and Mendicant Bias

> Spoiler alert: The Didact uses the Halos to kill all sentient life in the galaxy.

Great. Now what’s the point of getting the book!

> > Spoiler alert: The Didact uses the Halos to kill all sentient life in the galaxy.
>
> Great. Now what’s the point of getting the book!

We already know this :stuck_out_tongue: But there is still so many unanswered questions, and questions that will no doubt have an impact on the Reclaimer Trilogy.

> The flood aided by an unexpected enemy. My guess? Faber and Mendicant Bias

Well, Faber and Bias aren’t unexpected. Faber was already doing something on Installation 07 and Bias was working for the Flood for the entire Forerunner-Flood War.

I believe the term ‘unexpected’ refers to their knowledge, not ours. By common knowledge, we already know they had help from bias.

> I believe the term ‘unexpected’ refers to their knowledge, not ours. By common knowledge, we already know they had help from bias.

Correct. We know that Mendicant Bias helped them. But I think this refers to the other one that would rise according to the Primordial.

Im more interested in the sphere in the cover art. Looks familiar…

Fabers looking good right now

OH DAMN! I HAVENT SEEN THE CRYPTUM!!!

Not a surprise since it seems all the Forerunner cover art is Halo 4 concept art.

I was about to say the same. We got a hint at Halo 4’s story. We saw Requiem on Cryptum’s cover, a Halo on Primordial’s cover and this place now on Silentium’s cover. Maybe it’s Requiem again. Taking the main menu concept art into account, it is likely that we will be on a Halo Ring during the Campaign. Maybe near the end.

Oh wait! That could actually be the Capital!

> Not a surprise since it seems all the Forerunner cover art is Halo 4 concept art.

maybe not a suprise no, but it sure as perked me up ;-D

yay, it’s coming out on my birthday

Maybe the story of the later Halo games will be more about Thomas Lasky.

I guess it depends on what new information is included. There’s supposed to be stuff on the Primordial, 2nd Ark, and non-Forerunner Prometheans. I’m curious to see how the plot will play out since we pretty much what will probably be a significant part of the story thanks to the Halo 3 Terminals. I am really looking forward to seeing the Didact and Librarian’s relationship under all the circumstances, and how their final moments together via the terminals will play out, especially for the Didact.