Halo should NOT be a Traditional FPS anymore

I think after playing Halo 4 and Halo 5, i don’t think Halo should be like a traditional FPS anymore. I see 343i trying to add something new with both games. Spartan ops and these hub like levels which were in halo 5, that they really didn’t do much with. But from what i’m seeing their is a lot of potential there to make it into something different. Either a game type or a more open sandbox with RPG like elments infused into campaign.

What i’m noticing is that i don’t play much multiplayer like i used to. Most of my time is spent in games that have an RPG element to it, in this case Destiny. Most of my time is in PVE modes , i couldn’t careless for it’s multiplayer. In Halo 5 case while i didn’t think much of the story, game play wise everything was fantastic. But i feel like 343i still follows like some Halo Manuel rather than injecting anything new to the game play aspect of it. It still plays like your average FPS and i guess from there design Halo doesn’t seem to stand out as much to me as it used too, still fun though but i expect more. Warzone is a fun addition and i do think they should keep evolving on that aspect but i love to see a pve only mode of it.

Big environments aren’t new in halo there just expected, the same weapons with possibly 1 or 2 new ones are expected, big spectacles are what we expect. But beyond that there’s nothing else that they’ve really added that breaks the mold imo. They’ve brought nothing that i consider unique to halos universe game wise (the books Huntthetruth have been all amazing).

Things i would love to see
Weapon sandbox
I would love to see them take a stab at changing the entire weapon sandbox, introducing non-covenant weaponry. We’ve been using the same weapons for years i gotta say i finally reached fatigue on them. I’d also like to see human weaponry that is laser based, i feel like technology wise were behind the times when it comes to weaponry but somehow new iterations of armor keeps coming out. I get that people love the iconic weapons but i feel like they need to move past it and have other weapons take the lime light.

Story
I also find 343i to be a unique place in the universe now, the covenent are done (or at least Juls covenent) I want to see more alien technology from the other factions/races. To see how they fight against us with there own technology , i want to see how combat changes going against a new/ or old enemies. I don’t like prometheons i think they are cool to fight against in halo 5, but i don’t care for them. I miss fighting brutes and prophet and all the other unique aliens in halos universe. I want to see there technology, and there allies and face them again. I don’t know where they plan on taking the story but i can’t do another covie/ prometheon mix again or just prometheon i get that there trying to add there own voice to the Halo universe but prometheons just aren’t interesting to me as an enemy class. I’m interested in seeing the whole A.I as an enemy but i still would like to fight the other alien factions.

FPS with other elements

I want to see them play with different elements strictly in PVE modes or story. Elements like RPGs, basic customization of weapons, Hub worlds or areas that actually have activities to be done there LIKE THE INFINITY, conflicts and interactivity between NPCs would be awesome. Cause i feel like 343i is putting so much into multiplayer , but i honestly don’t think that is enough to sell Halo anymore.

No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore

> 2533274795515722;2:
> No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore

OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…

Leave the PVP the same. Thats all i ask.

Otherwise i agree. The levels that had a rpgish feel to them were so cool but so short lived. An open world halo rpg would be off the chain man. I thought thats what destiny would be but destiny was some GRADE-A poo poo with no storyline.

> 2533274850465226;3:
> > 2533274795515722;2:
> > No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore
>
>
> OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…

Halo is about pvp… You want non pvp there’s firefight or Spartan ops in halo 4. Nothing like destiny please… No thing

They could turn the opening movie in to an endless runner, i’d mobile that.

Not really

> 2533274858827953;4:
> Leave the PVP the same. Thats all i ask.
>
> Otherwise i agree. The levels that had a rpgish feel to them were so cool but so short lived. An open world halo rpg would be off the chain man. I thought thats what destiny would be but destiny was some GRADE-A poo poo with no storyline.

A Halo version of Destiny in terms of the open world aspect? Complete with the locations/planets/species/lore and PVP that Halo is known for? Sign me up!

> 2654577101795508;7:
> > 2533274858827953;4:
> > Leave the PVP the same. Thats all i ask.
> >
> > Otherwise i agree. The levels that had a rpgish feel to them were so cool but so short lived. An open world halo rpg would be off the chain man. I thought thats what destiny would be but destiny was some GRADE-A poo poo with no storyline.
>
>
> A Halo version of Destiny in terms of the open world aspect? Complete with the locations/planets/species/lore and PVP that Halo is known for? Sign me up!

No sw holiday special treatment of halo please… Again

> 2533274795515722;5:
> > 2533274850465226;3:
> > > 2533274795515722;2:
> > > No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore
> >
> >
> > OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…
>
>
> Halo is about pvp… You want non pvp there’s firefight or Spartan ops in halo 4. Nothing like destiny please… No thing

Why though? Halo doesn’t just belong to the PvP crowd. Why shouldn’t they expand upon the PvE elements? How will that hurt your PvP, hmm?

> 2533274850465226;9:
> > 2533274795515722;5:
> > > 2533274850465226;3:
> > > > 2533274795515722;2:
> > > > No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore
> > >
> > >
> > > OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…
> >
> >
> > Halo is about pvp… You want non pvp there’s firefight or Spartan ops in halo 4. Nothing like destiny please… No thing
>
>
> Why though? Halo doesn’t just belong to the PvP crowd. Why shouldn’t they expand upon the PvE elements? How will that hurt your PvP, hmm?

That spark change… We don’t need more change… It will hurt pvp in the long run… Less time spent on pvp portion. If anything halo needs to revert to its former self and wake up from this nightmare that’s halo 4 and 5. Pull a back to the future part 2. Fix halo 5 because it went down the wrong path

> 2533274795515722;10:
> > 2533274850465226;9:
> > > 2533274795515722;5:
> > > > 2533274850465226;3:
> > > > > 2533274795515722;2:
> > > > > No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…
> > >
> > >
> > > Halo is about pvp… You want non pvp there’s firefight or Spartan ops in halo 4. Nothing like destiny please… No thing
> >
> >
> > Why though? Halo doesn’t just belong to the PvP crowd. Why shouldn’t they expand upon the PvE elements? How will that hurt your PvP, hmm?
>
>
> That spark change… We don’t need more change… It will hurt pvp in the long run… Less time spent on pvp portion. If anything halo needs to revert to its former self and wake up from this nightmare that’s halo 4 and 5

Spark change, eh? Less time spent in PvP? How do you figure that? PvP lovers will more than likely stick to PvP. The PvE fans haven’t been given much love and the franchise could really stand to see innovations brought there.

Try not to be so selfish and think that only you should benefit. There’s millions of other Halo fans out there.

> 2533274850465226;11:
> > 2533274795515722;10:
> > > 2533274850465226;9:
> > > > 2533274795515722;5:
> > > > > 2533274850465226;3:
> > > > > > 2533274795515722;2:
> > > > > > No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Halo is about pvp… You want non pvp there’s firefight or Spartan ops in halo 4. Nothing like destiny please… No thing
> > >
> > >
> > > Why though? Halo doesn’t just belong to the PvP crowd. Why shouldn’t they expand upon the PvE elements? How will that hurt your PvP, hmm?
> >
> >
> > That spark change… We don’t need more change… It will hurt pvp in the long run… Less time spent on pvp portion. If anything halo needs to revert to its former self and wake up from this nightmare that’s halo 4 and 5
>
>
> Spark change, eh? Less time spent in PvP? How do you figure that? PvP lovers will more than likely stick to PvP. The PvE fans haven’t been given much love and the franchise could really stand to see innovations brought there.
>
> Try not to be so selfish and think that only you should benefit. There’s millions of other Halo fans out there.

343 changes what doesn’t need changes or fixes. Look at their current halo games they made themselves. I don’t trust em

That sounds terrible, even if I did think that change for its own sake was a good thing.

> 2654577101795508;7:
> > 2533274858827953;4:
> > Leave the PVP the same. Thats all i ask.
> >
> > Otherwise i agree. The levels that had a rpgish feel to them were so cool but so short lived. An open world halo rpg would be off the chain man. I thought thats what destiny would be but destiny was some GRADE-A poo poo with no storyline.
>
>
> A Halo version of Destiny in terms of the open world aspect? Complete with the locations/planets/species/lore and PVP that Halo is known for? Sign me up!

ODST was certainly interesting for its psuedo-open world. I’d love to see that further explored. If not for a numbered installment, at least a spin-off. The universe is certainly big enough to do so. Just hope that, unlike Destiny, it wouldn’t be an always online title.

This was what I was expecting from the campaign when they were saying exploring worlds but I feel like they played it kind of safe and didn’t take much risk. Like the hub areas that let’s you explore could of been used to ask important lore questions kinda like a RPG but more like a Q&A for ppl not familiar with the lore to catch up. Also yes open world would of been perfect if it was done like h3 odst but with side missions and the main missions be like the ones we experienced. Things like this create a lot of replay value instead of this 5hr campaign we received. My gut is still telling me the campaign was rushed cause I still can’t believe that’s all we’re getting lol

> 2533274795515722;12:
> > 2533274850465226;11:
> > > 2533274795515722;10:
> > > > 2533274850465226;9:
> > > > > 2533274795515722;5:
> > > > > > 2533274850465226;3:
> > > > > > > 2533274795515722;2:
> > > > > > > No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo is about pvp… You want non pvp there’s firefight or Spartan ops in halo 4. Nothing like destiny please… No thing
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Why though? Halo doesn’t just belong to the PvP crowd. Why shouldn’t they expand upon the PvE elements? How will that hurt your PvP, hmm?
> > >
> > >
> > > That spark change… We don’t need more change… It will hurt pvp in the long run… Less time spent on pvp portion. If anything halo needs to revert to its former self and wake up from this nightmare that’s halo 4 and 5
> >
> >
> > Spark change, eh? Less time spent in PvP? How do you figure that? PvP lovers will more than likely stick to PvP. The PvE fans haven’t been given much love and the franchise could really stand to see innovations brought there.
> >
> > Try not to be so selfish and think that only you should benefit. There’s millions of other Halo fans out there.
>
>
> 343 changes what doesn’t need changes or fixes. Look at their current halo games they made themselves. I don’t trust em

I may not have liked Halo 4, but I much like Halo 5. And, based on what I’ve seen, the large majority of players do as well.

Again, you’re only thinking about you. If you don’t want change, then I’d suggest you stick to a single game. When it comes to a game like Halo and its particular genre, change is gonna happen.

Not all change is good, sure. But no change can be even worse and lead it into stagnation. Might not be a popular thing for folks like you to hear, but either adapt or get left behind.

Evolution is change. And Halo is certainly a franchise that is going to continue to follow its original sub title. For better or worse. That’s the only way we can improve things. Try, fail, try again, succeed.

> 2533274850465226;16:
> > 2533274795515722;12:
> > > 2533274850465226;11:
> > > > 2533274795515722;10:
> > > > > 2533274850465226;9:
> > > > > > 2533274795515722;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274850465226;3:
> > > > > > > > 2533274795515722;2:
> > > > > > > > No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Halo is about pvp… You want non pvp there’s firefight or Spartan ops in halo 4. Nothing like destiny please… No thing
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Why though? Halo doesn’t just belong to the PvP crowd. Why shouldn’t they expand upon the PvE elements? How will that hurt your PvP, hmm?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That spark change… We don’t need more change… It will hurt pvp in the long run… Less time spent on pvp portion. If anything halo needs to revert to its former self and wake up from this nightmare that’s halo 4 and 5
> > >
> > >
> > > Spark change, eh? Less time spent in PvP? How do you figure that? PvP lovers will more than likely stick to PvP. The PvE fans haven’t been given much love and the franchise could really stand to see innovations brought there.
> > >
> > > Try not to be so selfish and think that only you should benefit. There’s millions of other Halo fans out there.
> >
> >
> > 343 changes what doesn’t need changes or fixes. Look at their current halo games they made themselves. I don’t trust em
>
>
> I may not have liked Halo 4, but I much like Halo 5. And, based on what I’ve seen, the large majority of players do as well.
>
> Again, you’re only thinking about you. If you don’t want change, then I’d suggest you stick to a single game. When it comes to a game like Halo and its particular genre, change is gonna happen.
>
> Not all change is good, sure. But no change can be even worse and lead it into stagnation. Might not be a popular thing for folks like you to hear, but either adapt or get left behind.
>
> Evolution is change. And Halo is certainly a franchise that is going to continue to follow its original sub title. For better or worse. That’s the only way we can improve things. Try, fail, try again, succeed.

I’m hoping halo 6 goes REALLY back to the roots not just say that and it half -Yoinked!- and lie

> 2533274795515722;17:
> > 2533274850465226;16:
> > > 2533274795515722;12:
> > > > 2533274850465226;11:
> > > > > 2533274795515722;10:
> > > > > > 2533274850465226;9:
> > > > > > > 2533274795515722;5:
> > > > > > > > 2533274850465226;3:
> > > > > > > > > 2533274795515722;2:
> > > > > > > > > No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > >
> > > > > > > > OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Halo is about pvp… You want non pvp there’s firefight or Spartan ops in halo 4. Nothing like destiny please… No thing
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Why though? Halo doesn’t just belong to the PvP crowd. Why shouldn’t they expand upon the PvE elements? How will that hurt your PvP, hmm?
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > That spark change… We don’t need more change… It will hurt pvp in the long run… Less time spent on pvp portion. If anything halo needs to revert to its former self and wake up from this nightmare that’s halo 4 and 5
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Spark change, eh? Less time spent in PvP? How do you figure that? PvP lovers will more than likely stick to PvP. The PvE fans haven’t been given much love and the franchise could really stand to see innovations brought there.
> > > >
> > > > Try not to be so selfish and think that only you should benefit. There’s millions of other Halo fans out there.
> > >
> > >
> > > 343 changes what doesn’t need changes or fixes. Look at their current halo games they made themselves. I don’t trust em
> >
> >
> > I may not have liked Halo 4, but I much like Halo 5. And, based on what I’ve seen, the large majority of players do as well.
> >
> > Again, you’re only thinking about you. If you don’t want change, then I’d suggest you stick to a single game. When it comes to a game like Halo and its particular genre, change is gonna happen.
> >
> > Not all change is good, sure. But no change can be even worse and lead it into stagnation. Might not be a popular thing for folks like you to hear, but either adapt or get left behind.
> >
> > Evolution is change. And Halo is certainly a franchise that is going to continue to follow its original sub title. For better or worse. That’s the only way we can improve things. Try, fail, try again, succeed.
>
>
> I’m hoping halo 6 goes REALLY back to the roots not just say that and it half -Yoinked!- and lie

The “roots of Halo” can mean a plethora of different things depending on the person. I don’t know how Halo 5 isn’t “Halo” enough for you, but I seriously doubt Halo 6 is going to be the Halo you desire. Best stick to the original three, bud.

> 2533274850465226;16:
> > 2533274795515722;12:
> > > 2533274850465226;11:
> > > > 2533274795515722;10:
> > > > > 2533274850465226;9:
> > > > > > 2533274795515722;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274850465226;3:
> > > > > > > > 2533274795515722;2:
> > > > > > > > No I would not buy that… Halos being warped already as is. Let’s not change it anymore
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > OP is only asking for things that wouldn’t affect PvP. I take no issue with that. Not sure why you do…
> > > > > >
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Halo is about pvp… You want non pvp there’s firefight or Spartan ops in halo 4. Nothing like destiny please… No thing
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Why though? Halo doesn’t just belong to the PvP crowd. Why shouldn’t they expand upon the PvE elements? How will that hurt your PvP, hmm?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > That spark change… We don’t need more change… It will hurt pvp in the long run… Less time spent on pvp portion. If anything halo needs to revert to its former self and wake up from this nightmare that’s halo 4 and 5
> > >
> > >
> > > Spark change, eh? Less time spent in PvP? How do you figure that? PvP lovers will more than likely stick to PvP. The PvE fans haven’t been given much love and the franchise could really stand to see innovations brought there.
> > >
> > > Try not to be so selfish and think that only you should benefit. There’s millions of other Halo fans out there.
> >
> >
> > 343 changes what doesn’t need changes or fixes. Look at their current halo games they made themselves. I don’t trust em
>
>
> I may not have liked Halo 4, but I much like Halo 5. And, based on what I’ve seen, the large majority of players do as well.
>
> Again, you’re only thinking about you. If you don’t want change, then I’d suggest you stick to a single game. When it comes to a game like Halo and its particular genre, change is gonna happen.
>
> Not all change is good, sure. But no change can be even worse and lead it into stagnation. Might not be a popular thing for folks like you to hear, but either adapt or get left behind.
>
> Evolution is change. And Halo is certainly a franchise that is going to continue to follow its original sub title. For better or worse. That’s the only way we can improve things. Try, fail, try again, succeed.

The crazy part is we’re talking about campaign here only lol H5 didn’t have much changed they played it safe and a lot of ppl thought the campaign was just ok nothing really that special. I say keep pvp how it’s always been but go crazy with the campaign by taking risk just as long as the story is told the best way possible.

…Seriously? No one? Nobody wants a more expanded combat system?

At least to the degree some of the enemies have, I mean…