Halo should be halo

Now, I’ve seen a lot of posts recently talking about what should be added to Halo 4 and what 343 should due to make it the best possible Halo game it can be.

I’ve played every Halo except Halo Wars, Halo: CE - Halo 3 was great, I remember practically every moment I spent with friends whether it was Infection or MLG.

What I don’t remember is a single moment of any Call of Duty game I’ve played, none of the story or multiplayer IMO sticks or is as memorable as Master Chief.

CONTENT:
Now when I see people suggesting ideas like throwing knifes or ways to make AA’s work in Halo 4 I cringe. Granted saying Halo is not CoD is not a valid point, here is a comparison, the first time I played Halo multiplayer I got destroyed, so what did I do? I got better and worked my way to a 50 in slayer, and what did I feel? Accomplishment, I picked up CoD: MW2 ran around with a UMP at lvl 1 and went 30-2. What did I feel? Boredom. You fight for every second of life in Halo MP in CoD you see that flash and you’re on the ground. Halo is so intense in its shield health system when you’re trying to get around that last corner to survive it makes me feel connected to my character. I could give a -Yoink- if my guy in CoD died.

MY THOUGHTS:
Halo 4 should learn from the abomination that is Reach (once again opinion don’t flame if you love it, I’ll admit forge is amazing.) Go back to what Halo players love, no bloom, map control, earning your weapons, fighting tooth and nail for that one power up every 3 minutes. Fast paced game play like H3 and H2. Keep the BR as the main weapon, have the return of the trueskill system rather than have a hey look how much more I’ve played then you system like reach and CoD.

CAMPAIGN:
I’ve loved every campaign in Halo except Reach (albeit Emile is bad -Yoink- when he dies on that turret.) Have a fantastic story and integrated plot unlike CoD where you kil everyone that spawned and move to the next spawn point. They haven’t done that as of yet and I pray they don’t, Reach was that way, I just for the most part don’t care for it, yes I’m biased<— freely admitted

This is my two cents on the topic, feel free to express your opinion.

I have the strangest sense of Deja Vu…

Can anyone make a thread without mentioning CoD? I agree with you OP, but why even bring up CoD in a thread titled “Halo should be Halo”? Mods should start locking all threads talking about CoD because we then end up talking more about CoD than Halo in a Halo forum and people come here for Halo not to discuss other games.

On topic: HCE+H2 not H3+Reach is what Halo is all about.

> Can anyone make a thread without mentioning CoD? I agree with you OP, but why even bring up CoD in a thread titled “Halo should be Halo”? Mods should start locking all threads talking about CoD because we then end up talking more about CoD than Halo in a Halo forum and people come here for Halo not to discuss other games.
>
> On topic: HCE+H2 not H3+Reach is what Halo is all about.

So, talking about COD is forbidden? I’ll remember that.

P.S forum cop?

It should still play as “Halo” though. Some of the things people ask on this site are are things Halo never had and should never have. But I wouldn’t mind new things that don’t break the Halo feel every now and then .