Halo series that was supposed to launch w/ Halo 5

Please don’t lock or move this post. Please

i’m flippin mad. 343i made us a promise about Hollywood content that would coincide with H5G’s launch. Where is it?

Just watched the first trailer for Assassins Creed BIG BUDGET FILM that comes out this December.

wake up MS/343i!!!

Halo is far superior and better suited to develop a big budget film franchise

> 2535412280615383;1:
> i’m flippin mad. 343i made us a promise about Hollywood content that would coincide with H5G’s launch. Where is it?
>
> Just watched the first trailer for Assassins Creed BIG BUDGET FILM that comes out this December.
>
> wake up MS/343i!!!
>
> Halo is far superior and better suited to develop a big budget film franchise

Would you prefer a quality movie, or a rushed show that will annoy you? Personally I prefer the finer cinema.

Anyone remember the “Halo: Landfall” trailer that Bungie uploaded? We need that. Halo movie FTW.

> 2535435010571838;2:
> > 2535412280615383;1:
> > i’m flippin mad. 343i made us a promise about Hollywood content that would coincide with H5G’s launch. Where is it?
> >
> > Just watched the first trailer for Assassins Creed BIG BUDGET FILM that comes out this December.
> >
> > wake up MS/343i!!!
> >
> > Halo is far superior and better suited to develop a big budget film franchise
>
>
> Would you prefer a quality movie, or a rushed show that will annoy you? Personally I prefer the finer cinema.

Rushed show? I’ve been patiently waiting since word of a Peter Jackson & Neilll Bloomkamp Halo film surfaced in 2004

lets not forget Bonnie Ross’s announcement back in 2013…

Enough time for “planning” has passed. Something is wrong and 343i owes us an explanation

A live action halo movie would beat most movies coming out in the year it was released
It beats any other video game movies for sure

> 2535452416213566;5:
> A live action halo movie would beat most movies coming out in the year it was released
> It beats any other video game movies for sure

Look at what syncopy & Nolan did for the Batman Universe. WB literally killed it with their Val Kilmer & George Clooney adaptations.

Imagine if Nolan made a dark & gritty adaptation of Nylund’s Fall of Reach.

It would be the summer blockbuster to end all blockbusters

I’ve been wainting for movies or a TV show for years too.
But I hope it would more focused on pre-Reclaimer background.

> 2535412280615383;6:
> > 2535452416213566;5:
> > A live action halo movie would beat most movies coming out in the year it was released
> > It beats any other video game movies for sure
>
>
> Look at what syncopy & Nolan did for the Batman Universe. WB literally killed it with their Val Kilmer & George Clooney adaptations.
>
> Imagine if Nolan made a dark & gritty adaptation of Nylund’s Fall of Reach.
>
> It would be the summer blockbuster to end all blockbusters

I really hope that 343 and Microsoft don’t make a film adaptation of that book(not saying that the book was bad)because that story has already been told.
Ubisoft is being smart with the new Assassin’s Creed movie because it’s not retelling the same story from the games, its telling its own story (and the movie is considered cannon).

> 2533274830447432;8:
> > 2535412280615383;6:
> > > 2535452416213566;5:
> > > A live action halo movie would beat most movies coming out in the year it was released
> > > It beats any other video game movies for sure
> >
> >
> > Look at what syncopy & Nolan did for the Batman Universe. WB literally killed it with their Val Kilmer & George Clooney adaptations.
> >
> > Imagine if Nolan made a dark & gritty adaptation of Nylund’s Fall of Reach.
> >
> > It would be the summer blockbuster to end all blockbusters
>
>
> I really hope that 343 and Microsoft don’t make a film adaptation of that book(not saying that the book was bad)because that story has already been told.
> Ubisoft is being smart with the new Assassin’s Creed movie because it’s not retelling the same story from the games, its telling its own story (and the movie is considered cannon).

I would only want FoR if Nolan signed on. He did a brilliant job with Batman Begins (an origin story like that of Nylund’s FoR)

but how has FoR been told? You don’t mean the animated series that launched with H5G?

> 2535412280615383;9:
> > 2533274830447432;8:
> > > 2535412280615383;6:
> > > > 2535452416213566;5:
> > > > A live action halo movie would beat most movies coming out in the year it was released
> > > > It beats any other video game movies for sure
> > >
> > >
> > > Look at what syncopy & Nolan did for the Batman Universe. WB literally killed it with their Val Kilmer & George Clooney adaptations.
> > >
> > > Imagine if Nolan made a dark & gritty adaptation of Nylund’s Fall of Reach.
> > >
> > > It would be the summer blockbuster to end all blockbusters
> >
> >
> > I really hope that 343 and Microsoft don’t make a film adaptation of that book(not saying that the book was bad)because that story has already been told.
> > Ubisoft is being smart with the new Assassin’s Creed movie because it’s not retelling the same story from the games, its telling its own story (and the movie is considered cannon).
>
>
> I would only want FoR if Nolan signed on. He did a brilliant job with Batman Begins (an origin story like that of Nylund’s FoR)
>
> but how has FoR been told? You don’t mean the animated series that launched with H5G?

No I’m not talking about the animated series, I was taking about the book. I’m just saying that if they decide to make a movie, they should do what ubisoft is doing and have all the creative control for the movie, or else it will end up like all of the video game movies out there.

A Halo cinematic film would be huge it’d be hard to find someone who wouldn’t recognize the chief I did a drawing of the chief on my teller stamp at work and members ask all the time “is that that halo guy?” I feel like even if they’ve never played the game they’d still be interested in seeing a movie to see what all the hype is about

> 2533274830447432;10:
> > 2535412280615383;9:
> > > 2533274830447432;8:
> > > > 2535412280615383;6:
> > > > > 2535452416213566;5:
> > > > > A live action halo movie would beat most movies coming out in the year it was released
> > > > > It beats any other video game movies for sure
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Look at what syncopy & Nolan did for the Batman Universe. WB literally killed it with their Val Kilmer & George Clooney adaptations.
> > > >
> > > > Imagine if Nolan made a dark & gritty adaptation of Nylund’s Fall of Reach.
> > > >
> > > > It would be the summer blockbuster to end all blockbusters
> > >
> > >
> > > I really hope that 343 and Microsoft don’t make a film adaptation of that book(not saying that the book was bad)because that story has already been told.
> > > Ubisoft is being smart with the new Assassin’s Creed movie because it’s not retelling the same story from the games, its telling its own story (and the movie is considered cannon).
> >
> >
> > I would only want FoR if Nolan signed on. He did a brilliant job with Batman Begins (an origin story like that of Nylund’s FoR)
> >
> > but how has FoR been told? You don’t mean the animated series that launched with H5G?
>
>
> No I’m not talking about the animated series, I was taking about the book. I’m just saying that if they decide to make a movie, they should do what ubisoft is doing and have all the creative control for the movie, or else it will end up like all of the video game movies out there.

You make an awesome point!

And I believe that’s why we may never see a big screen/big budget Halo adaptation.

You can’t ask a Steven Spielberg or Christopher Nolan to direct/produce a project where they have no creative control. That’s like drafting Aaron Rodgers on your fantasy team and demanding you take his starting job on Monday night football.

and IMO. Hollywood is outside of 343i’s wheelhouse. They should find the right person to direct/produce, and remove themselves from the equation entirely. Especially after H5G’s story… I don’t trust their decision making abilities.

doesn’t bother me as long as it happens(failed halo movie i’m looking at you) and is not bad like nightfall. This stuff takes time and onone has said the halo movie is dead it’s still in production.

> 2533274796410651;11:
> A Halo cinematic film would be huge it’d be hard to find someone who wouldn’t recognize the chief I did a drawing of the chief on my teller stamp at work and members ask all the time “is that that halo guy?” I feel like even if they’ve never played the game they’d still be interested in seeing a movie to see what all the hype is about

^ totally agree. Especially if the first half of the film was dedicated to how John became S117. The turning point of the film would be when he first dons his Mjolinr.

Most of modern society, even the non gamers, will recognize S117

Well, while I agree that there seem to have been offerings that have not yet materialized, I would dial back the whole “Don’t lock this post/ I’m flippin’ mad/ they owe us an explanation” routine.

Nobody owes you anything.

You bought a Halo game for $60 and were delivered a Halo game.
Since then, you’ve enjoyed a steady stream of updates and new content…for free.
All of this was in the name of not rushing a product that would take more man-hours to complete than the corporate deadline of the release date would allow, so they opted, wisely, to stagger the features released so that they would have adequate time to release everything when it was DONE…not when it was WANTED.

I believe all the Cinematic stuff you are referring to is the same.
It will come when it is ready, not when it is demanded.

But just for the record,I am curious about the Spielberg TV Series as well…
Can’t wait!
But, it is still happening, and if you need an explanation, instead of asking 343, try asking Google. There’s all kinds of info out there.

^ You’re citing an article that’s nearly a year old and provides little to no details as to the extent of its production.

Furthermore, I disagree with your opinion that we are not entitled to an explanation. When the studio head of 343i comes on stage and makes a statement about a big budget cable series being produced by Steven Spielberg to air coinciding with the launch of Halo 5 Guardians… And yet here we are, 7 months post launch with nothing more than your GameStop article to update us… I don’t find it to be unreasonable to ask for an explanation/status update.

Lastly, your comment adds nothing of substance, subtracts from the discussion and is unpleasant in nature.

Really hope this is still a thing. Was really excited when the Spielberg series was announced

As for the director, Nolan would be good, but nobody would beat the obvious sci-fi king, J.J. Abrams.